Rosso Ferrari article on the Stradale | FerrariChat

Rosso Ferrari article on the Stradale

Discussion in '360/430' started by Brian C. Stradale, Dec 31, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Brian C. Stradale

Brian C. Stradale F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 17, 2002
    Dallas, TX, USA
    Ignoring the few errors in the article, I found some of it VERY interesting. In particular, Jim Kenton's comments that the Stradale felt faster than his Challenge car. Based on the weight and HP threads, the Stradale should be much closer to the Modena than to the Challenge car... let alone, exceeding the Challenge car in any respect.

So, is Jim the type who would BS to make FNA happy? Or do you think he truly felt the things he said? Some quotes:

Jim: "It's quick! Much quicker than a Challenge car. And it's also so smooth and just purrs when pulling away from a dead stop."

Jim: "The car is just amazing and really quick down the front straightaway. In fact, I scared myself one time going into Turn 1. I just got there so much faster than in [my] Challenge car. I mean, I had that moment where I thought, 'Should I just split the cones and stay on the oval?' You can really feel that difference in horsepower!"

Jim: "It's very smooth and it was definitely sticking in the fast corners really well. I kept thinking that I was on street tires, going easily as quick as I was in my Challenge car."

Keep in mind that Jim has been running the Challenge series since its inception (348C's), won in 96, and won again this year in a 360 Challenge. So, he knows how to take a 360 Challenge to its limits... so, his statements above are a bit surprising, to say the least.

Anyone know Jim? Thoughts?

2. zjpj

zjpj F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    USA
    Hmm... good question. It probably never hurts to be on FNA's good side. I often wonder the same thing when they have Schumacher talking about some road car. None of them thrills like his F1, so everything is relative! But, of course, in this case he is saying that the CS is better than the Challenge. I can't imagine the extra horsepower makes up for the other challenge superlatives.

3. damcgee

damcgee Formula 3

Feb 23, 2003
    Mobile, AL
    I really can't imagine the CS's horsepower would make up for ANY of the Challenge's superlatives. (especially given that the CS's horsepower still isn't 425).

Either Jim Kenton is a flat out liar, or FNA gave him a ringer (A distinct possibility).