rosso scuderia and yellow | Page 3 | FerrariChat

rosso scuderia and yellow

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by 720, May 11, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bob348

bob348 Formula 3

Apr 13, 2004
    Liege, Belgium
    Full Name:
    Geoffrey
    Incredible...simply incredible....why did not you keep one of the two "normal "360 and only buy one stradale...????
    one yellow 360 and one red stradale ...
    anyway...you are crazy and i like it :)

2. TigerAce

TigerAce Formula 3

May 29, 2003
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Yoshi Ace
    I was just talking to local F-guys that is there anyone on F-chat who owns few of the same model, but in different colors. And here you are! You can coordinate your fashion w/ your cars!

720 is very appropriate handle name.

Thanks for posting pics, too.

Are you planning to add 3rd colors to your line-up?

3. cavallinomodels

cavallinomodels Formula Junior

Feb 2, 2004
    USA
    Rick

Congratulations for the new car, they look wonderful together. We would be happy to make you a 1:18 version of each model for you. PM us if you are interested. We can match everything on the model from the strip to the interior. Here is a picture of a Tour de France Blu model we made for a client.

Thank you,
    Cavallino Models

4. superyota

superyota Formula Junior

Mar 29, 2004
    Newport Beach
    Very nice......... Is it hard deciding which car you will drive on a particular day?

5. LAfun2

LAfun2 Three Time F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    California
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    Nice cars rick. I also noticed you finally changed your Utah plates ;)

6. 911Fan

911Fan Formula 3

Apr 15, 2004
    Southern California
    Congrats! You or your wife have quite an eye for design -- that yellow-trimmed interior looks great!

I vaguely recall a post by someone who visited the factory and spec'd out the interior while he was there. Was that you?

7. LAfun2

LAfun2 Three Time F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    California
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    Rick,

One quick question. I currently have yellow/red cars/bikes in my garage (sadly no ferraris) :( and have cabinets set up similar to yours. My cabinets are white, and I was wondering did you buy red cabinets or did you have white cabinets painted red?

If you had them painted, could you give me some details as to what kind of paint used?

8. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    I think he used to have red and yellow modenas before these.

9. 720

720 F1 Rookie

Jul 14, 2003
    So. Cal and No. Utah
    Full Name:
    Rick
    when i ordered the yellow stradale last october i asked the dealer (ferrari of orange county) if i could special order the seats to be black alcantara with yellow trim. they checked with FNA and told me i could NOT order the seats this way. i hate to take no for an answer :) turned out that i was going to the 360 challenge finals in mugello anyway so i decided to visit the factory and discuss the seats with them directly. they were very helpful. they explained to me that ferrari sincerely appreciates their customers and they genuinely want to make the customer happy. they told me that they would always try very hard to honor any special requests. in fact, while i was discussing the seats i wanted with the regional sales manager (marco brunelli) he went into the factory and brought out samples of all the different colors of alcantara that they had available. we were both happy to see that they had alcantara in lots of colors including black and yellow :)

10. 720

720 F1 Rookie

Jul 14, 2003
    So. Cal and No. Utah
    Full Name:
    Rick
    the cabinets were white. we were remodeling the entire house at the time so while the painters were here i asked them to paint the cabinets red :) i happened to note all the paint details in case i ever needed to repaint them. hope this helps :)

Benjamin Moore
    Urethane Alkyd
    Gloss Enamel
    Ultra Base CM22 4B
    Color: RED 3002

11. 720

720 F1 Rookie

Jul 14, 2003
    So. Cal and No. Utah
    Full Name:
    Rick
    thanks. eventually i want to do something better to the garage floor. i painted the floor gray with a dual-process epoxy paint, but it still is starting to peel under the tires :( it's not awful, but it's not great either. i've heard some people are "polishing" their concrete garage floors to remove all paint and stains, etc. it's an expensive process (about $2500 for a three car garage). i'd have to go see some garages that have been polished to make sure i like the end result before i'd go to this expense :)

do you ever go on any of the rides that the ferrari driving club (FDC) organizes? i usually make it to about half of them :)

12. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    Nice! Yes - I have been on 3 or so. I was at the "Celebration of the Enzo" one a few months ago in my blue 328. Look for me at future ones in the blue TR. My wife Melissa usually rides shotgun. :)

I'll make sure to say hello next time.

13. Buttuz4eva

Buttuz4eva F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Dec 14, 2003
    LONG ISLAND N.Y.
    Full Name:
    Challenge Farrelle
    because you my friend are a fool if I could I would sell my 360 for a stradale and then sell my other cars and more to get another stradale and another and another until I had every color.

Great job you are my hero for real there is only one thing better then owning a stradale and that is owning 2 stradale's YIPPIE I am so happy for you good luck with the best looking car in the world i want to keep going but I will start sounding gay so bye bye

14. TimF40

TimF40 Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    Seattle/Bay Area/NYC
    Full Name:
    Tim
    Cool. My son just finished his second year there. I'll have to show him this thread.

15. jbjavaheri

jbjavaheri Karting

Mar 4, 2004
    West L.A.
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Where in L.A. do you live. I live in Brentwood. Nice cars. Love the interior on the yellow CS.

16. Spasso

Spasso F1 World Champ

Feb 16, 2003
    Land of Slugs & Moss
    Full Name:
    Han Solo
    Yeah, The medication helps me but only for the red, I'm stuck on the yellow!

17. jbjavaheri

jbjavaheri Karting

Mar 4, 2004
    West L.A.
    Full Name:
    Jason
    BTW 720,

I graduated from UCLA last year but I desperately want to go to USC Law School.

18. Alex_V

Alex_V F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Apr 8, 2004
    Boulder, CO
    Full Name:
    Alex
    720, Its been said a good 25 times, so i will make it 26.........YOU ARE MY HERO! The CS is so awsome, I dont think I could handle myself walking into a garage with 2 of them parked next to eachother, I had trouble just seeing one!

19. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Rick, i'm sorry no one else sees it, but don't worry, i'm "in the know" about the hat...

...IT'S A STRADALE HAT...!!! :D

Nice cars; i LOVE the FoBH plate on the back of the Rosso Stradale... How come no stripe on the yellow one...? Congratulations... Drive 'em in good health...

20. Bryan

Bryan Formula 3

21. 720

720 F1 Rookie

Jul 14, 2003
    So. Cal and No. Utah
    Full Name:
    Rick
  22. 360CS

360CS F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Kent
    Full Name:
    Joe J
    #72 360CS, May 15, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Hi Rick,

Big Congrats that you finally got your two fav Cars in the Colours you want..........I agree that..... "YOU DA MAN" I have just sold my Spider and have a wait til Sept for the Stradale...

All the best to you

Joe
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

23. Art

Art Formula Junior

Mar 10, 2004
    Southern California
    That's an awesome collection! I see your in LA, maybe I can get a ride sometime? Anyways, how great it must be to have 2 Stradale's.

24. Doug.

Doug. F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 16, 2004
    Las Vegas, NV
    720, your two Stradales make me weak in the knees!! Congratulations!

-Doug

P.S. Go Blue!!!

25. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    Bah! Go Bucs!