Rough Day at the Office- Ferrari v. Truck | FerrariChat

Rough Day at the Office- Ferrari v. Truck

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Maximo_Tifoso, May 8, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Ianjoub

Ianjoub Formula Junior

Dec 22, 2019
    Homosassa, FL USA
    Full Name:
    Ian Joubert
    If this is true, prison time should result:

"He stated the semi-truck driver was hired remotely on Monday and completed only one load before issues arose with his behavior. The driver was then summoned to the Chicago facility to be fired in person, according to the source's information.

The source said the company offered to pay him for all his miles, reimburse him for the items he bought like a mattress and trash can to outfit his truck, and even give him a plane ticket to get back home. It was also allegedly pointed out that the ongoing demand for truckers meant it wouldn't be hard for him to get another gig. All the while, the source claimed, the driver kept asking to remain with the company and refused those accommodations.

Those talks, taking place in front of numerous witnesses, apparently broke down after a while, with the tipping point being a disagreement about how to shuttle the driver to a nearby Wal-Mart. At that point, the driver allegedly asked if the $260,000 Ferrari GTC4Lusso was the owner's. When confirmed, the source said the trucker replied "Now you'll see what happens when you **** with me," ran towards an empty rig and started it up. The source added the owner gave chase and almost ended up under the wheels as the rogue driver charged towards his Ferrari and smashed his way up onto the supercar's hood. At that point, the owner called police.

Multiple truckers have weighed in on Facebook to say that the company in question pays its drivers fairly and on time. There are other second-hand bits of information that hold the driver was either fired for failing a drug test or upset over being given an older truck instead of a newer one."

350MH83 and psych0hans like this.
  2. 308 milano

308 milano F1 Veteran

Jan 15, 2007
    Montana
    Full Name:
    Kim
    Some people are just Bat**** crazy.

3. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    Drugs?

Marcel Massini

tantumaude and Texas Forever like this.
  4. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Marcel,
    The economic stress during the Pandemic are huge here.....that said, long haul truckers tend to think of themselves as "king of the Road" and indeed if they own their equipment, they are. Still, a hard way IMO to make a living, long hours away from home and family (maybe good if your Old Lady is ugly??)...

In any event the step to a "haul driver" would put a large personality in to a much smaller box.
    Plus, they owed him for the mattress and a trash can!

People are getting shot to death over enforcing Mask Orders.
    Crazy times.....

Poor choice of parking on the Ferrari, too

DGPF likes this.
  5. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    I
    I understand all that.
    Not everybody is as civilised.
    The wild (mid-) west.
    Thank you.

Marcel Massini

6. becker

becker Formula Junior

Feb 20, 2001
    Arlington VA
    Full Name:
    Becker Cuéllar
    Specially these days when people are desperate not a good idea to park the f-car for all of them to see ... like rubbing it into the guys that really are going thru the pain.

Even on regular days not a good idea, I visited a friend by his office as he was gonna show me his Lambo and a couple of other toys in his house nearby and he did exactly
    like lot of us do e.g. keep it low to the employees

technom3 likes this.
  7. technom3

technom3 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Phoenix AZ
    Full Name:
    Justin
    This is going to rub some the wrong way... but the insurance company will probably pay him more than that car was worth... he will be getting top dollar in this market... he may have to send a thank you card. LOL

DGPF and psych0hans like this.
  8. joeyfrost

joeyfrost Rookie

Dec 28, 2018
    Shame. Cant have nice things with **** people. I brought my 62 vette to work one day to run her and i had a boss come to my office saying not to park in the spot I was in otherwise itll be towed. (I park in the same spot all year round) Out of spite. Imagine a lusso at the loading dock where most of the workers see it. The F owner could have had a close relationship with everyone where it didnt matter, (fat chance) but 99% of the time other workers look at it like the owner is the one at fault for even owning that car. Look at some of the comments next to the photo.. some people said the F owner deserved it!

9. Jdubbya

Jdubbya The $10 Trillion Man
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    John
    That car is toast. It'll probably show up on some youtube channel being rebuilt!

technom3 and DGPF like this.