'round and 'round she goes | FerrariChat

'round and 'round she goes

Discussion in 'South Central - USA (TN, MS, AL, GA)' started by branko, Dec 3, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. branko

branko F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 17, 2003
    Birmingham, Alabama
    Full Name:
    Branko Medenica
    On Sunday I went to pick up a friend of mine who had never ridden in a Ferrari. As we were leaving his wife said, "Take him out and scare him." I had no idea how prophetic those words would become. While traveling on a 4 lane highway, some guy in a black camaro crossed both lanes right in front of me. To avoid him I had to change lanes and slam on the brakes. This action threw me into a spin. One and three quarter turns later I came to a stop, engine still running, perpendicular to the highway and totally amazed that I had not hit anything. I missed the camero, did not hit the curbs and there were no flat spots on my tires. I must have some mighty strong angels working overtime.

2. jeffdavison

jeffdavison F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 29, 2002
    Suwanee Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey Davison
    The Church may have de-moted him, but I sincerly believe there is a Saint Christoper, the Holy patron of travelers.

He save my butt too many times to keep count.

Jeff Davison

3. Mike C

Mike C F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 3, 2002
    Southeast USA
    Full Name:
    Mike Charness
    Such occurances should help us realize that life could be taken from us at any time. That should change how we live each day, and to make sure we are "right" with the Creator for when that time truly does come.

I'm glad you didn't get hurt!

4. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    Any luck getting the stains off the passenger seat?

5. branko

branko F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 17, 2003
    Birmingham, Alabama
    Full Name:
    Branko Medenica
    My passenger actually thought it was better than an 'E' ride at Disneyworld. But then again it was not his car. I'm just very thankful nobody or anything was hurt.

6. Mike C

Mike C F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 3, 2002
    Southeast USA
    Full Name:
    Mike Charness
    An "E" ride? Branko, you're showing your age. Disneyland/Disneyworld hasn't used ABCDE tickets in decades! :)

7. branko

branko F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 17, 2003
    Birmingham, Alabama
    Full Name:
    Branko Medenica
    I was just quoting what he said. But since my passenger and I are about the same age and my car is 18 years old, I guess we are all getting older together.