RTGT and Steve Wintermantel in Portland | FerrariChat

RTGT and Steve Wintermantel in Portland

Discussion in 'Northwest' started by msark, Feb 24, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. msark

msark Formula Junior

Feb 18, 2017
    Southern California
    For those in the Pacific Northwest you might find Ferrari Dealer Tell All in the General Ferrari Section useful.

2. donv

donv Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 5, 2002
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Don
    Thank you for bringing this to this section-- I think this is a more appropriate place than General.

As I said over there, I've had a lot of dealings with RTGT over the years, and I've known both Steve and Arun for a long time. Obviously your transaction with them went sideways, and that's unfortunate. I'm sure they have their side of the story, and without knowing it, it's difficult to make a judgement-- at least for me.

I think they have a policy about not posting here, which is unfortunate in this case. I know Arun is a member, and I think Steve is as well.

3. Jonny Law

Jonny Law F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

May 6, 2008
    Over yonder.
    Full Name:
    IT Guy
    I can tell you I have worked with RTGT for years. Steve is a stand up guy who will bend over backwards to help someone in need and make things right. Sorry to hear about your experience.

4. Ron328

Ron328 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 10, 2003
    Willamette Valley, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Ron
    Although I've not bought a car from RTGT, they have serviced my cars since 2005. I find Steve to be (always) pleasant. Am very sorry to hear about your experience.

5. msark

msark Formula Junior

Feb 18, 2017
    Southern California
    ZZZZ Best Carpet Cleaning was friendly, Enron was friendly... Lot's of friendly people will take your money or rob your deal and be friendly all the way.

Steve Wintermantel is just a friendly guy who will steal a deal for a couple bucks ... Stay away from him like he has the flu....

6. 360spydr

360spydr Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2010
    Reno/Tahoe NV, Seattle WA and Portland OR
    Full Name:
    KJ
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login I’m not sure about anyone else, but I can tell you my entire experience with RTGT has been nothing but first class. This is my fifth Fcar, but my first new buy. Steve and a Jonathan where great. Very clear communication, no mixed expectations, very professional.

7. 3POINT8

3POINT8 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 23, 2014
    did you get to keep the ferrari sheet or do they reuse that?

8. dinogt4guy

dinogt4guy F1 Rookie

Oct 31, 2004
    Hewitt, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Kurtis Fordice
    I have had my consern’s after they f’d Greg over after he’d been there 20+ years?

9. donv

donv Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 5, 2002
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Don
    Greg is a great guy and that wasn't good.

dinogt4guy likes this.
  10. bjwhite

bjwhite F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2006
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Brian White
    “consern’s” Now that is classic.