348 - Rubber window channel | FerrariChat

348 Rubber window channel

Discussion in '348/355' started by flying butress, Nov 12, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. flying butress

Oct 9, 2018
    Full Name:
    Robin Kohn
    I recently discovered that I needed to replace the damaged small rubber triangle thingy at the rear of the side window on my 348 Spider. I removed the door panel assuming that I would at least be able to SEE it. No luck. The part I am referencing is 62213000. It is hiding behind the door latch and the window mechanism. I am about to remove the outer door panel to see if access is any better. Does anyone have any experience with this replacement? At this point I am wondering if I will need to remove the window glass and operator....ugh.....Thanks in advance for any help / guidance.

2. 348Jeff

348Jeff Formula 3

Oct 25, 2011
    UK
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    Qavion likes this.
  3. flying butress

Oct 9, 2018
    Full Name:
    Robin Kohn
    Thanks! The finally occurred to me last night after I determined that there was no way in HELL to get at it from inside the door. It never occurred to me that that little piece of door would be removable. On the same subject, it appears that the rubber (or silicone) needs to have some adhesive to assist the screw fasteners. I have tried Gorilla Glue, 3M trim adhesive, silicone gasket cement, contact cement and Shoe Goo and they all peel off after they dry. Any suggestions???

4. 348Jeff

348Jeff Formula 3

Oct 25, 2011
    UK
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    Qavion likes this.