Ruben's contract extended! | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Ruben's contract extended!

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by tifosi12, Jan 3, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. F1racer

F1racer F1 Rookie

Oct 5, 2003
    Laval
    Full Name:
    Jean
    This is what Rubens said after signing his contract...
    "I'm with Ferrari until 2006 in the hope that one day I will be world champion,"

Anyone thinks he could win a WDC along side with M.Schumacher.
    I can't see that happen..

2. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Well, only if Schumi gets hurt. He said recently in an interview, that he'd rather see Rubens as WC than his own brother (assuming he can't be it himself). Might have been just the Ferrari PR talk, but anyway.

I think Schumi feels more connection with Rubens than with Eddie and would in the worst of all possible scenarios work for him.

And I think Rubens might even clinch it. He is no star material, but if Rosberg could do it...

3. Armand

Armand Rookie

Jan 11, 2004
    NE Ohio
    Full Name:
    Armand

Would it be too far out to say the new team manager will be...................................MS???

Armand.

4. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    That is an interesting question and I bet MS has asked himself that one too.

I'm not sure, my gutt feeling is no. The way I see MS and his strengths I don't think he has what it takes to do that. It was a desaster with Prost too. Being a top WC driver is very different from running a team.

But who knows?

5. joeyy

joeyy Karting

Nov 11, 2003
    long island
    Full Name:
    joe
    i agree he put in the time and took some lumps for the team, he deserves one shot.

6. Armand

Armand Rookie

Jan 11, 2004
    NE Ohio
    Full Name:
    Armand
    If feel he did more than Prost did in as much as rebuilding Ferrari. I think he did this as much as a member of mgt, as well as driving, working hand in hand w/ the big 4 elchieffo's.

Although Prost may not have had the team built around him as MS does.
    Ferrari built Prost's car, and just expected him to win. I think he may have actually, if not for the incident w/ Senna.

Why does anyone have to quit? They should just stay together until end of days.

Who in the he** else is there!

Armand.

7. tjacoby

tjacoby F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Vancouver Canada
    Full Name:
    tj
    It's great if it's true - I think Rubens has taken the crap car for a very long time, why does his car always break? My guess is that he gets the new parts to try out in battle, to see if they can hold up. You know, that new engine piece, or that rear suspension that's just a few grams lighter. Just a guess.

Each season I hope RB can have a couple good first races to get ahead of MS in the points and see if Todt will hold to his word that the team supports the driver with the best chance for the WDC. How many seasons now?

I suspect RB is, like many of us, just too much of a nice guy, but it's also why he's still around the Ferrari pits. He's not a threat to MS or the rest.

good luck RB this year!