Rumor: Todt being fired at Ferrari? | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Rumor: Todt being fired at Ferrari?

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by Cavallino Motors, Feb 11, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Etcetera

Etcetera Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 7, 2003
    Full Name:
    C9H8O4
    If this Todt thing is true, we will see once and for all if Massa is there because of Massa or if he's there because of Todt.

:)

2. LightGuy

LightGuy Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 4, 2004
    Texas
    Full Name:
    David

I hear great things about Casey Putsch.

3. Etcetera

Etcetera Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 7, 2003
    Full Name:
    C9H8O4
    ROFL.

4. RP

RP F1 World Champ

Feb 9, 2005
    Bocahuahua, Florxico
    Full Name:
    Tone Def
    1) Tire regulations? Silly answer Ted. The car was a known crap commodity. But then somehow Renault had a chsasis that didn't have trouble with the new tires. Guess their chief engineer was better than Brawn.

2) Massa being hired affected 2006? Now you are really stretching to make your point. This makes no sense. Massa being hired had nothing to do Schumacher's not winning the championship. Ferrari suffered a major set-back inthe spring with the destruction at the wind tunnel, never caught up. Michael's chances were stopped when the reliable Ferrari engine blew up. And gee, somehow Michael thought enough of Massa to take him under his wing and teach a thing or two.

3) Yes 2007 was a miracle. You can not take away Raikkonen's earned WDC by blaming it on anyone or anything at McLaren. Kimi won it on the track. All championships are won because the other team made some sort of mistake. Like the one Ferrari made with a bad design in 2005 and 2006. Please remember, the chassis for a following year does not somehow appear magically in January. The program starts in June or July. Guess who was still there in June-December of 2006? Ross Brawn. Who do you think approved that silly long wheelbase that proved to be problem?

4) You are right, Stephneygate would not have happened if Brawn was at Ferrari in 2007, because there would not have been the issue of promotion within Ferrari that took place because of Brawn's leaving. That internal promotion, that Stephney thought he deserved, was the reason behind his industrial defection. No one would have stopped what Stepheny did. To say that it would not have happened under Brawn's supervision is a real stretch.

5) That comment about Schumacher being number one driver in 2005 and 2006 makes no sense. The fact that he is still the best ever, explains how he took a completely crappy car, the design of which Brawn supervised, and still managed to be competitive in some races in2005 and 2006. The car ws crap, that is fact. I think Michael Schumacher needs no defense, his show in Spain last fall pretty much puts any question as to his ability to rest.

I do not understand your point about there being two #1 drivers at Ferrari to start the 2008. I agree that is the case. I never said anything that would suggest Massa will always be a #2, because I do not believe that.

Keep mind an important fact worth repeating, Massa saved Ferrari's image for the first half of the season, while Kimi tried to figure out his new ride. Massa made no mistakes as serious as Hamilton's, he did not stuff his car into a wall as did Raikkonen and Alonso. If it were not for the mistakes by his own crew, Massa would have made it a 4 way battle for WDC the last 2 races. At the end of the season, he led race fact lap by 1. Seems only logical that one with both eyes open would see this kid has the talent.

Personally, I am glad Ross Brawn is at Honda. I like the current chain of command at the Scuderia. And Todt's departure, whenever it is, will have no effect on Ferrari F1.

5. RP

RP F1 World Champ

Feb 9, 2005
    Bocahuahua, Florxico
    Full Name:
    Tone Def

During those championships you mentioned, Todt was at the helm, Schumacher was driving, Brawn was chief engineer.

In 2007, Todt was at the helm, Kimi won the WDC on the track not by default, and Brawn was gone.

Seems like Ferrari is doing and will continue to do just fine without Brawn.

6. Minico

Minico Formula Junior

Dec 22, 2004
    Md.
    Last year I watched the Monaco GP with Signor Secchi and is one of the nicest guys I've met. He is a longtime F1 broker who has put many F1 teams in alliance ($) with many major sponsors. (AMD/Ferrari) He's been around F1 for 30yrs. I also spent some time with the Abu Dhabi Theme Park gentlemen (nice guys) as they were also there.
    BTW, Signor Secchi is a huge Gilles Villeneuve fan !

7. LightGuy

LightGuy Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 4, 2004
    Texas
    Full Name:
    David
    I think it should be made clear, once again, that Kimi won the WDC because of;

1; Mclarens bad luck and/or decisions.

or

2; Team orders at Ferrari.

You get to choose. No incorrect answer.

8. maxorido

maxorido Formula 3

Jul 6, 2006
    Full Name:
    Jim
    The fact is, Massa was in the middle of the pack at times when Michael was up front trying to handle the Renaults. You admit that Massa has improved over the years, so do you concede that he didn't do as well as Rubens probably would have? I say again, you've made the point that Massa has improved, so thus he didn't do as well as the car was capable of doing in at least the first half of the 2006 season. Also, just because Michael helped a nice guy who both realized his number 2 status, and was lacking in abilities, doesn't mean anything more than just that. You also made the point that "Massa earned his seat" which is frankly laughable, and if you honestly believe he got that seat in 2006 due to strictly his abilities, then you're just to biased to debate with.

9. Scuderia980

Scuderia980 F1 Rookie

Aug 12, 2006
    Mountains--Colorado
    Full Name:
    Dave S. V
    absolutely sir... circumstances and the right connections got Massa into the second seat... he did NOTHING to show the world of F1 that he 'earned' it based on his driving ability. and sure, perhaps he's improved, but the blind bias doesn't take into account how much a top level car has 'improved' him...

10. Anthony_Ferrari

Anthony_Ferrari Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    Sheffield, UK
    Full Name:
    Anthony Currie

I don't know whether it's still the case, but when F1i.com was started it was owned and run by Nicholas Todt. Seems a strange place for this story to break...

11. DeSoto

DeSoto F1 Veteran

Nov 26, 2003
    The most important news in ages and this is becoming another Massa thread. Go to hell, boys.

12. jknight

jknight F1 Veteran

Oct 30, 2004
    Central Texas
    Anthony - this was old news on that site

Carol

13. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    There were strong rumours of Todt losing a power struggle about three months ago and being out before the start of the season and the above may or may not be connected - and would ensure the continued Ferrari bias at the FIA exemplified by the new chief steward of F1 having for many years had his offices in an FIA building in London and whose only other significant client apart from the FIA is Ferrari apparently

14. Isobel

Isobel F1 World Champ

Jun 30, 2007
    On a Wave's Chicane
    Full Name:
    Is, Izzy for Australians
    Tears in my eyes. What Korr said.....+1...

15. kraftwerk

kraftwerk Two Time F1 World Champ

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    LOL:D

16. MS250

MS250 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Full Name:
    Avvocato
    well, its 2PM in the afternoon over there in italy (right now)...anything as yet ?

17. Senna3xWC

Senna3xWC F1 Rookie

Nov 30, 2006
    NYC
    LOL :D

18. DAYTONASME

DAYTONASME Formula Junior

Jan 12, 2007
    Manchester UK
    Full Name:
    DAYTONASME
    If only 5% of these allegations are remotely true, there'll be a few smiles in Woking......and elsewhere!

Elsewhere....

Raikkonen was the class of the field in '07.

Massa is a capable, competent no 2 - just like Coulthard, Watson and Barrichello

19. RP

RP F1 World Champ

Feb 9, 2005
    Bocahuahua, Florxico
    Full Name:
    Tone Def
    Still nothing appearing in Autosport.

20. R2112

R2112 Formula 3

Oct 15, 2006
    TX
    +1 :D
    Very funny stuff!

21. ProCoach

ProCoach F1 Veteran
    Owner

Sep 15, 2004
    VIR Raceway
    Full Name:
    Peter Krause
    You guys are killin' me! :)

22. 355

355 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 4, 2005
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Frank
    I just spent an hour searching all the F1 news sites(over 25 of them) and there is absolutely nothing there.

23. Napolis

Napolis Three Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    This thread should be closed and the title changed until there is a verifiable source that proves that this is true.

24. 355

355 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 4, 2005
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Frank
    I am mystified .....usually Martins sources are good. If there was anything there it would have leaked out somewhere today. .......strange.

25. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    Closed for now until someone can PM me a source.