Russo Marinello versus Rosa fuoco | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Russo Marinello versus Rosa fuoco

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Snaponjackson, Aug 27, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Snaponjackson

Snaponjackson Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 19, 2018
    INDIANAPOLIS INDIANA USA
    Full Name:
    Chris Jackson
    If the dealer tries to hit me for another 20 grand we will have a big problem!!

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using FerrariChat.com mobile app

2. Snaponjackson

Silver Subscribed

Sep 19, 2018
    INDIANAPOLIS INDIANA USA
    Full Name:
    Chris Jackson
    If that does happen I will probably switch to TDF blue

3. Lagunae92

Lagunae92 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 16, 2018
    SoCal
    I'm not sure, but I wouldn't count on it. Whichever the price, it will be worth it when you see it. I' pay more if I had to.

4. Lagunae92

Lagunae92 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 16, 2018
    SoCal
    I would try to find out asap. Maybe call Ferrari NA and see. It really is a triple layer and they are priced as I said...and it is $15k better than a 2-layer IMHO.

5. 96redLT4

96redLT4 Formula Junior

Feb 20, 2009
    California
    Full Name:
    Jim
    What an amazing dream garage! Great colors....I tried to quote your post so I could see them one more time!

Lagunae92 likes this.
  6. Lagunae92

Lagunae92 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 16, 2018
    SoCal
    Thanks. They are amazing cars!

7. ScottS

ScottS F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 2, 2004
    Winter Park
    Full Name:
    Scott S
    I was wrestling with the same dilemma.
    Then he suggested Rosso monza. Now I’m really conflicted. Image Unavailable, Please Login

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Lagunae92

Lagunae92 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 16, 2018
    SoCal
    I haven’t seen Monza in person. I ordered Maranello and Fuoco on a hope and a prayer that they’d be amazing. Monza was a consideration as well.

9. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    Unfortunately not a chance. It is what it is. Worth every penny.

ScottS and Lagunae92 like this.
  10. ScottS

ScottS F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 2, 2004
    Winter Park
    Full Name:
    Scott S
    In the end there is no bad choice. Just FOMO.
    Yours will be in when? I’m at the end of the run I’m sure.

ScottS

11. Lagunae92

Lagunae92 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 16, 2018
    SoCal
    I already have the cars, One Maranello and one Fuoco.

12. Bigbobo

Bigbobo Karting

Jul 25, 2020
    Northern CA
    Your cars are beautiful. Do you know how Rosso California compares to Rosso Fuoco? We are looking for a dark read and originally went with Rosso Mugello but then switched it to Rosso California as pictures of Mugello looked like it had too much orange in it. Now we might be switching to Maranello. Need to decide in the next few weeks.

13. Lagunae92

Lagunae92 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 16, 2018
    SoCal
    I am not sure that I have. Rosso Barchetta is interesting, but I have only seen it on the dealer samples. My fear with it and California, along with Fiorano, was too much brown. Fuoco is very fantastic, with some copper/orange "fiery" overtones, but not dominating from the red by any means. the smoothness of the Rosso Maranello being a mica paint is phenomenal and probably my favorite paint I have seen to date. Similar in effect to that great red on newer Mazdas. Maranello is a bright red in the sun, but the depth is endless and pure, and the way the light interacts is mesmerizing. Here it is in full sun on the 812 and Fuoco on the Pista.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

14. macherie3622

macherie3622 Karting

Apr 11, 2018
    Full Name:
    J50 Master
    How about Rosso Magma??
    Does anyone know about that color?

15. Snaponjackson

Silver Subscribed

Sep 19, 2018
    INDIANAPOLIS INDIANA USA
    Full Name:
    Chris Jackson
  16. Snaponjackson

Silver Subscribed

Sep 19, 2018
    INDIANAPOLIS INDIANA USA
    Full Name:
    Chris Jackson
    I personally thought it might be a bit too bright wish I could see it in person

17. Lagunae92

Lagunae92 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 16, 2018
    SoCal
    Nearly went for Magma on the Pista. I hear it's great, and is a Maserati color. I've seen it on those floating around. My dealer thought a Maserati color would cheapen the car, but it's up to us. Ultimately went fuoco.

18. ScottS

ScottS F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 2, 2004
    Winter Park
    Full Name:
    Scott S
    Oh sorry I was thinking of Snaponjackson, the OP with regard to his dilemma.

Rosso Magma is very nice in person. Saw the OG 812 in Paris at Le Monde de L'Auto in 2018.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

19. Lagunae92

Lagunae92 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 16, 2018
    SoCal
    Oh, sorry...typical Ferrari owner you know, thinking everything is about me! lol Magma is a consideration for my next....whatever that may be.

20. Xray58

Xray58 Karting

Dec 29, 2020
    Wiesbaden, Germany, not far from Frankfurt Airport
    Full Name:
    Alexander Röntgen
    First of all congratulation to your cars, really great. I am just speccing my 812 GTS and I have to do so within the next week. Delivery May 21. I’m really puzzled to decide after your posts . I was fully into Rosso Fiorano this being a very serious deep, relatively dark red. However now after your pics I’m looking into Maranello or Fuoco as well. What would you suggest, me looking for a deep serious not too bright red? Thanks in advance. (my Pista is Rosso Scuderia)

21. Lagunae92

Lagunae92 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 16, 2018
    SoCal
    It’s a tough decision for sure. I have not seen Fiorano in the sun, but it looks great in pics, etc. When I saw it in the shop under the lights in there, it looked very brown to me. I think Fuoco is well suited to a more aggressive car, so if you are speccing it in a more sporty fashion, it will work well. My personal preference is Maranello. I can’t imagine a color looking much better in the sun. With the way the front hood of the 812 works, only parts of it look metallic at any certain time from the driver’s seat. The color makes you work to see it brighten up and show off the mica paint. It is also so incredibly smooth and unique. The closest I’ve seen commonly to that color is the Mazda red on their more recent models. I can’t not look away at those cars, as the color is so beautiful and interesting. Ironically, the paint for the 812 costs as much as the Mazda! Just for reference, Maranello is in no way comparable to Rosso Scuderia. Closer to a lighter version of Mugello in the shade and still less bright than Rosso Corsa in the sun.

22. Lagunae92

Lagunae92 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 16, 2018
    SoCal
    I will also say that Rosso Maranello acts like it’s flame treated in a sense. Almost like highlights on the angles and creases of the car. I’ll try to capture that this afternoon if I can get the car out.

Xray58 likes this.
  23. Lagunae92

Lagunae92 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 16, 2018
    SoCal
    JHNurse and Xray58 like this.
  24. Xray58

Xray58 Karting

Dec 29, 2020
    Full Name:
    Alexander Röntgen
    Wow! Thanks for the effort, makes life „difficult“

Lagunae92 likes this.
  25. Xray58

Xray58 Karting

Dec 29, 2020
    Full Name:
    Alexander Röntgen
    Hi Lagunae, now things have progressed a lot. I have spent time with my Frankfurt Dealer again twice this week and I have dug deep into the Ferrari-Chats about the various "Rossos".... I have made a decision now which I will hopefully not regret...since I haven't seen "the thing" in person ever. I tend to go for Rosso Coburn for my 812 GTS after all I have seen and read. Price (confirmed by my dealer) is same like Magma(a four-layer)(24.000 € incl.19%VAT), a little more than Fuoco or Maranello. I have seen the Instagram Pics from Mr. Coburn with his 488 Pista be it in the shade or be it in the sun....great. I also admire your Maranello but I would love to have it a little darker, since in the beginning I was running after "Fiorano". Any additional thoughts? :), This was a really difficult decision process...

SVCalifornia likes this.