S. Florida Pawn Shops - Recommendations Please | FerrariChat

S. Florida Pawn Shops - Recommendations Please

Discussion in 'Florida' started by Pro-Techt, Aug 21, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Pro-Techt

Pro-Techt Rookie

Jun 28, 2008
    Can anyone recommend me a nice Pawn Shop in Palm Beach/Broward. Looking to buy some jewelry for my wife and don't want to go door to door shopping if I can help it.

2. ILuv4Res

ILuv4Res F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 8, 2002
    Full Name:
    Fred
    I ran a pawnshop to put myself through school. I used to go to tons of them down here just to check them out, and you're right that you can find some great deals on jewelry if you're an educated consumer and you find the right shop. Often times, you can pick up some great stuff for little more than scrap value. Unfortunately, over the past several years with gold so high, even the 'good' shops have been pretty pricey and have been unwilling to negotiate as much as they once did.

I have found that, generally, the uglier and smaller stores with the owners behind the counters are more 'hungry' and willing to do deals than the mega-stores. Stay away from Cash America or other chain stores b/c they send the best stuff to their headquarters, and the stuff that's left is being sold by people who just read the tag's price.

Best if you just browse some of the local stores, since no two shops have the same stuff. I have also had some luck at the jeweler's exchanges (Boca, Miami, P.Pines, etc), as well as in Miami (seybold bldg and others).

If there's something specific you're looking for, let me know as I still have multiple connections to buy stuff wholesale.

3. damnhawk

damnhawk Formula Junior

Feb 22, 2007
    Cape Coral/ Boca
    Full Name:
    Eric M
    theres a place in deerfield thats pretty good. my photo professor is a consultant for them. i forget the name though....

4. RoadRacer

RoadRacer Formula Junior

May 7, 2006
    SoCal / SoFla
    Full Name:
    Griff W
    Morningstar's in downtown Hollywood would be one to check.