430 - S Line exhaust setup guidance | FerrariChat

430 S Line exhaust setup guidance

Discussion in '360/430' started by dubaikhan, Jun 20, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. dubaikhan

dubaikhan Rookie

Jun 4, 2022
    Full Name:
    Junaid Khan
    Looking for some guidance between S Line and IPE full exhaust.

Looking for a screaming sound and willing to do full headers, highflow CATs and the Xpipe

IPE sells the full system and is valved, but S line thought was selling a valved system but on their website they don't mention it anymore. Additionally, the just sell the exhaust so I am trying to figure what is the best combination of headers and highflow CATs that would go best with the S line.

Anyone selling their setup and anyone has a video of their personal setup they can share?

2. CoreyNJ

CoreyNJ Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 17, 2006
    New Jersey Shore
    Have you checked out the Kline setup? The workmanship is second to none and sounds amazing with a cross-pipe that is valved with a muffler/silencer.

3. Zed82

Zed82 Formula Junior

Sep 28, 2017
    Sweden
    I have the IPE full exhaust. Considered the S-line route but chose to go with a familiar brand that makes full systems and also is valved. The quality is second to none and the sound is the perfect high pitch that you want but it can also be quiet when you need it to. It doesn’t drone at all.

4. kenneyd

kenneyd Formula 3

Sep 30, 2014
    NE FL
    Full Name:
    Ken
    I went with kline for that reason. Same amazing sound, but with valves. Trust me, you will be much happier with the valved.
    I will have a diy install vid in a few weeks with plenty of sound clips

5. dubaikhan

dubaikhan Rookie

Jun 4, 2022
    Full Name:
    Junaid Khan
    Thanks for the updates, based on what I heard and what I am hearing from resellers. It is Kline vs IPE now and it is about 1000 difference between the two. Not sure if the Kline comes with heat blankets for the headers but the IPE offer I am getting is with the heat protection. @Keenyd will wait for your DIY and installs. A huge favor when you take your before and after videos can you do the same settings (location, distance from exhaust etc). Want to hear comparable before after. Many people do before at home and then after in the shop and it does not make for a good comparison. Thanks

6. kenneyd

kenneyd Formula 3

Sep 30, 2014
    NE FL
    Full Name:
    Ken
    I will, I'll do plenty of in-car, out car, and flyby vids with the same cameras in the same location. YT channel is exoticcardiy

dubaikhan likes this.
  7. Zed82

Zed82 Formula Junior

Sep 28, 2017
    Sweden
    I went with Capristo for heat protection. Their covers are the best if you´re not going the inconel route.

8. dubaikhan

dubaikhan Rookie

Jun 4, 2022
    Full Name:
    Junaid Khan
    I heard the Capristo and not my cup of tea. It has too much bass, I have other cars that have that sound so really looking for the shriek short of getting a V12 (in the future hopefully). So now it is IPE or Kline. Very interested in the videos and then will make my decision. In no rush so I am willing to wait a bit

9. Zed82

Zed82 Formula Junior

Sep 28, 2017
    Sweden
    I was referring to the header covers aka thermo insulation from Capristo. Not the headers.

dubaikhan likes this.
  10. dubaikhan

dubaikhan Rookie

Jun 4, 2022
    Full Name:
    Junaid Khan
    Got, I will look at that option to make sure those will cover cleanly the headers from other manufacturers. Thanks for the clarification

11. Zed82

Zed82 Formula Junior

Sep 28, 2017
    Sweden
    They cover the IPE headers so they will clear other 4-1 headers as well.

12. Mercedes_Benz

Mercedes_Benz Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    South Florida
    I plan to get S-Line exhaust. Looks and sounds the best to me.

13. kenneyd

kenneyd Formula 3

Sep 30, 2014
    NE FL
    Full Name:
    Ken
    I didn't care for the dummy exit, the single pipe side pipes and especially, the lack of valves.
    For about the same price I got the Kline which has the same (if not better) high pitch scream, better tips, and most importantly, valves. Being able to open and close the valves on demand is amazing. As good as they sound, there's going to be times when you need/want to quite it down a bit.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Flea7, clean512 and f355spider like this.
  14. Mercedes_Benz

Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    South Florida
    I specifically do not want valves.

15. CoreyNJ

CoreyNJ Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 17, 2006
    New Jersey Shore
    You will when the cop issues you a ticket for speeding 10 miles an hour over through their residential neighborhood because of a call about some "idiot" in a loud red sports car.

I had a non-valved Fabspeed Speedline X-Pipe and now have the Kline exhaust with their Inconel button to control the valves. I wouldn't go back. With valves open, they sound very similar, but with the valves closed, I can leave my house at 6:00am and not anger my neighbors.

16. kenneyd

kenneyd Formula 3

Sep 30, 2014
    NE FL
    Full Name:
    Ken
    Now you got me curious, why would you not want valves?
    Hey, that's like then you don't want air conditioning just because you like to roll with your windows down sometimes. Valves offer an additional feature that you don't have to use.... But It's there when you need it.

I can leave mine in stock mode where the valves open and close via, or I can leave it open all the time with my Forza controller.

Most of the time, I leave them open. But phone rings, driving by a funeral or police, or if I ever want to have my wife in my car with me lol I like to be able to close them.
    I also find it fatiguing to drive long distances on the highway with a loud car, and those circumstances it's extremely nice to be able to just run quietly.

I specifically don't want a dummy fake exhaust pipe

17. Zed82

Zed82 Formula Junior

Sep 28, 2017
    Sweden
    What’s this about a dummy exhaust pipe?

18. kenneyd

kenneyd Formula 3

Sep 30, 2014
    NE FL
    Full Name:
    Ken
    On the s-line, only the outer most tips are real. The inner tips are just for show.

Kinda bothers me, comes across as a shortcut, sorta amateur? I dunno. They says it's for "sound"

Also, i've always found that exhaust systems with fake tips usually get terrible uneven discoloration between the two tips

Flea7 likes this.
  19. Mercedes_Benz

Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    South Florida
    I don't like the sound of the car with the valves closed and have no need to ever hear it with them closed. Also, I don't use my car in any situation where I need them closed with the frequency and reason I bought this car to drive. Plus valves are just another thing to go bad, and they do.

Are you saying the inner S line tips are just for show as in totally blocked off with zero flow?

20. CoreyNJ

CoreyNJ Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 17, 2006
    New Jersey Shore
    Flea7 likes this.
  21. vr4henry

vr4henry Karting

Jan 21, 2019
    Full Name:
    Henry
    Scud rather than 430 but I tried the S-line with valves and factory everything else. Very happy with the sound. I might have it ceramic coated one day as the steel tarnishes pretty easily but not a huge deal.

22. dubaikhan

dubaikhan Rookie

Jun 4, 2022
    Full Name:
    Junaid Khan
    Any updates on your videos?

23. kenneyd

kenneyd Formula 3

Sep 30, 2014
    NE FL
    Full Name:
    Ken
    No, I got behind on my 355 vides, hope to have the last one out Saturday then I'll start the f430 vids. Im sure i'll have a few clips before hand I'll share