S-Line X-pipe & exhaust for REGULAR F430 | True F1 high-pitch sound | PICS & VIDEOS | Page 15 | FerrariChat

S-Line X-pipe & exhaust for REGULAR F430 | True F1 high-pitch sound | PICS & VIDEOS

Discussion in '360/430' started by RonnieRenaldi, Aug 12, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Dicecal

Dicecal Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 15, 2015
    Phoenix, AZ
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Just had mine installed with AP headers. Sounds good, not too loud for me. Only thing I'm not that fond of is how far the exhaust tips stick out...little too much.

2. trg.lbi

trg.lbi Rookie

Feb 21, 2015
    Fully agree with Dave's assessment - got mine installed a couple of weeks ago and love it. Definitely louder than stock with valves closed. I shift to 6th gear in town (~2,000 rpm) and then it's pretty quiet to pass police, etc.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

3. ideloera

ideloera Formula Junior

Jun 2, 2015
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Isi
  4. Turbotuner20v

Turbotuner20v Formula Junior

Mar 18, 2014
    What are you needing one for? The manufacture of the exhaust would probably be able to sell/replace under warranty a broken v-band

5. ideloera

ideloera Formula Junior

Jun 2, 2015
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Isi
    One of the V-bands (left side) is a little loose. Upon close inspection I noticed that the threading had stripped a bit.

6. RonnieRenaldi

RonnieRenaldi F1 Rookie

Aug 16, 2004
    Any exhaust with no valve is louder than exhaust with valve closed for sure.
    I think when people comparing loudness, they always compare the sound with no valve / valve open.

7. RonnieRenaldi

RonnieRenaldi F1 Rookie

Aug 16, 2004
    S-Line sound vs F12 with Novitec exhaust and stock Scud :)

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5I22nZUiHsI[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=muH4gOOsc_4[/ame]

8. sherpa23

sherpa23 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 28, 2003
    Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Bastuna
    #358 sherpa23, Nov 3, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    For everyone who wants an S Line but afraid it will be too loud, I just commissioned Teague to make the first ever muffled S Line system. He experimented with some different things and in the end, made a muffled chamber that fits AFTER the X pipe. I'm out of town for work but I've driven the car twice and I can say that it still sounds like an S Line but that excessive blare and volume at middle to full throttle is gone. It's as quiet as stock but with a nicer note in gentle conditions and no louder but with that F1 sound at high throttle.

And two great things: 1) it adds less than 2 lbs to the system and 2) it can be ordered and retrofit to existing systems.

Here are pics to give you an idea.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

9. Turbotuner20v

Mar 18, 2014
    Very interesting and clever retrofit to make it easy to change if desired.

Please post sound clips when the project is done, I'm curious how much it muffles the WOT sound

10. MaranelloDave

MaranelloDave Formula 3

Apr 27, 2010
    LA
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Is that a valved system?

11. sherpa23

sherpa23 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 28, 2003
    Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Bastuna
    No.

12. mike32

mike32 F1 Veteran

May 13, 2016
    Isle of man- uk
    You would get arrested running that here, there is a uk u tube video of one of these and the owner was selling it after 1000 miles. I think it must be hard to live with.

13. o31982

o31982 Formula Junior

Mar 18, 2012
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    nes
    Anyone selling an s-line for f430?

14. RonnieRenaldi

RonnieRenaldi F1 Rookie

Aug 16, 2004
    Used one? Don't see any.

15. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    Funny, I was in London a few weeks ago and heard plenty of loud cars downtown. Aventadors, LaFerrari, 458's, superAmerica, Huracans, etc. people blasting around all over the place. No one seemed too concerned based on how they were driving.

16. RonnieRenaldi

RonnieRenaldi F1 Rookie

Aug 16, 2004
    As I posted before, it's loud only when you floor it above 4500 rpm. Below that or if you're just cruising, it's not loud at all. I even has Fabspeed headers.
    With stock headers, it's even quieter and less droning than stock.
    Others also mentioned the same thing about loudness.
    This is my car just cruising with both windows all the way down:
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hXlCO61yoKk[/ame]

17. MaranelloDave

MaranelloDave Formula 3

Apr 27, 2010
    LA
    Full Name:
    Dave
    I'm not sure how you can say the x-pipe is "only loud above 4500 rpm." The x-pipe may be quieter than stock with the valves stuck open (I never ran my car like that), but the x-pipe is significantly louder than the stock setup operating as it would from the factory and, even objectively speaking, it's pretty loud, period. Since I've gotten my x-pipe, my buddies constantly make jokes about me waking the neighbors just pulling out of my neighborhood.

As I said before, I don't think the x-pipe is too loud and I love mine, but it's definitely pretty loud at anything above normal idle. If you are someone who doesn't like a louder exhaust, the x-pipe may not be for you.

18. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    Hopefully as soon as next week I will have my Fabspeed headers and S-Line installed and tuned. We are going to do a stock baseline dyno run(s) and then compare to bolt ons and then with the tune. I havent seen anyone else do this so perhaps this will be good data for everyone to reference. I am hoping to gain 40+ HP's at the crank which seems doable based on the mnfr's claims but we will know for sure soon.

19. Dicecal

Dicecal Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 15, 2015
    Phoenix, AZ
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Great, post the dyno charts as soon as you can. I have the same setup, and was planning on getting it on a dyno too.

20. MaranelloDave

MaranelloDave Formula 3

Apr 27, 2010
    LA
    Full Name:
    Dave
    There's a thread out there with dyno hp results for stock headers and an x-pipe. Believe there was a peak increase of 30 bhp or so.

21. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    The only thread I've seen with dyno results is Andrie's. Regardless I'll post up my results as well.

22. bkthomps

bkthomps Formula Junior

Dec 22, 2012
    USA
    are you planning to do the fabspeed chip tune as well? i'd like to see fabspeed headers+stock cats+ s-line exhaust with and without the ECU tune

23. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    No this will be a custom tune that is reversible. I will provide the incremental changes.

24. Turbotuner20v

Mar 18, 2014
    A friend of mine recorded my car leaving lunch. First time I've heard it from that perspective. Little bit of wheel spin in 1st.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrlRDhg7_iw[/ame]

25. djempire

djempire Formula Junior

Apr 30, 2012
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Serf
    What a sound...Pure joy.