Sad by McLaren as my choice | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Sad by McLaren as my choice

Discussion in 'McLarenChat.com' started by Abdulaziz, Jan 19, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bpu699

bpu699 F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 9, 2003
    wisconsin/chicago
    Full Name:
    bo
    You know I want my privacy! Geesh. Should have ironed my tie too, can't believe I missed that. :)

Dad could buy Ferraris, but he isn't into them. Mostly golfs. Likes planes though. But even those we buy new and refit.

You only live once. Buying used was something we did when we were poor. When you are below 15M net, you have got to compromise. But at one point you just say

"I got to live AS IF..." You know.

Been to the ME a bunch. Mostly business though. Wife refuses to wear the garb, but at most business meetings folks understand. See usually buys her stuff at outlet stores, doesn't like the designer stuff. She's smart though. Probably will help dad run stuff soon.

2. Abdulaziz

Abdulaziz Karting
    BANNED

Feb 20, 2014
    #52 Abdulaziz, Jan 20, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Why EVER buy new at all. I will never buy a new car unless I have to (no used with reasonable beauty). I will also always buy used Fords and GMCs. I bought my 2010 Rolex Datejust 116234 for 25,000 SAR/ 6666.66 USD (9,100 USD MSRP) in 2014 I think. I can now sell it for just $500 off what I bought it for and that loss is only due mostly to sales comission. I've had it for 2-3 years now and got the most gorgeous color IMO.

The solution was to buy a used F12 instead. Why buy new at all?!

"Should I buy a used F12 and sell my gorgeous baby and pay a 30-60K premium to avoid their mension of the used market) is the reason I'm posting here in Ferrarichat forum [+ I love how warm you all are]. Thank you ❤️
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

3. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    He shoots... HE SCORES!!!!!

4. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    I'm not exactly sure what this thread is about but I've commented on McLaren's business method before and how it has caused massive depreciation of its own cars and brand.

Its not the car's fault. It was McLaren. And, anyone who bought one (after the first 2 years) knows darn well it's going to happen and accepts it anyway.

Drive. Enjoy. End.

5. It's Ross

It's Ross Formula 3

Jul 30, 2007
    Barrington, Ill. USA
    Full Name:
    Ross
    Buy new to demonstrate your great wealth, suck up the depreciation like a billionaire should.
    No wonder you are ridiculed, a used watch too! Don't tell me the family has a second hand airplane as well, perhaps with a propeller.
    PS that MB could use a detailing

6. GordonC

GordonC F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 28, 2005
    Calgary, AB, Canada
    Full Name:
    Gordon
    No body kit EVER increased the value of the car it was installed on. All a body kit does to resale value is to lower it.

(I will choose to refrain from commenting on the massive personality disorder on display by the OP ;) )

7. bpu699

bpu699 F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 9, 2003
    wisconsin/chicago
    Full Name:
    bo
    Its all about the crowd you hang with...

If everyone else has a new Ferrari, and you roll up with a used McLaren... well, it is what it is...

I have seen some of those videos in the ME where folks beat on brand new million dollar cars and leave them for dead in a sand dune with less than a 1000 miles. That's the culture.

Wearing a used rolex in a Patek Turbillion world...

A real prince would notice....

8. Abdulaziz

Abdulaziz Karting
    BANNED

Feb 20, 2014
    #58 Abdulaziz, Jan 20, 2017
    I shouldn't be rediculed by them for making the right decision. Perhaps used stuff wouldn't depreciate that much if more people got rid of emotional decision making. Our globe would be far less poluted if we all did something called "recycling".

9. Abdulaziz

Abdulaziz Karting
    BANNED

Feb 20, 2014
    #59 Abdulaziz, Jan 20, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2017
    You are actually very correct. Hence why I got a "free bodykit" when I bought my car in Augest 2016. I accept truth man and I love truth and love you for saying the truth. If someone said: "Your car is worth 150K", I'd accept that he found a great deal and move on. It's the asshol* sourced quotes I hate.

What I meant was finding a car with a bodykit is hard to the point that they'd have to install a new one on their own pocket were they to want to make their "used 70K MP4-12C" look better. Not only did I get my dream car with the top specs but also free bodykit that prevents all other used owners from ever looking like me except by them buying the kit for 30K. Their continued unappreciation for my hardwork is heartbreaking. I NEVER told any of them I bought used btw nor did I tell them I bought new. Their insults are just random and I've never seen a car that attracts this mich bashing. Should I replace my car with an F12 is what I want your opinion on since you and all other forum members are Ferrari lovers. I too am a Ferrari lover since I love the 599 GTB & Enzo.

10. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    You should absolutely be ridiculed. I dont know a single person on this website that would buy a used car. A used Mclaren at that. I mean seriously- I feel bad for you but you brought this on yourself by buying used.

Next thing you'll tell me that you bought a used Rolex. If you have any thoughts about that- just dont do it. You are bringing on your own ridicule. I wouldnt even let you look at my brand new Ferrari if I knew you had a used Mclaren. a 12C at that.

If you have a 12C with a body kit on it, then whole different story. Then you deserve none of the ridicule and Im truly sorry for the action of others.

11. Abdulaziz

Abdulaziz Karting
    BANNED

Feb 20, 2014
    #61 Abdulaziz, Jan 20, 2017
    I lie to everyone and say I bought it new if they insist on asking which rarely happens from the UHNWI familys. It's the people who cannot afford my car who have incentive to bash it (not all of them of course). I'm not stupid to admit I bought my car/ watch used to a materialistic rich person. I'd lose many of my "friends" if I did so because they'd fear my low class used mind would embarrass them in front of other "friends". Hence, I'm loved by my friends because I attune myself and information to say only what is not dangerous to say.

I only tell down to earth people THAT ARE MY FRIENDS this information because I refuse to lie to a good person. The Ferrari owners et al. are very nice and not the ones insulting me. It's the average Joe, service advisors, and mechanics of my car that give these demeaning values. A rich person has no reason to get on your bad side and lose you as a friend. Only a person who cannot afford my car will have incentive to bash me (Not all of them). All their insults are despite me saying I paid MSRP for it. Not that I talk to them anyways but if they persist, I say I paid MSRP.

12. Lotaz

Lotaz Formula 3

Nov 18, 2016
    Las Vegas
    Full Name:
    Scott
    I am poor by anyone's standards on this board and could careless what any of them think about me, my cars or my life. You really should adopt the same policy in life.

13. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    Just give me the damn car and be dome with it...i'll take all the insults from my friends driving renaults, bmws, seats, peugeots and audis....after loosing half of that body kit driving it in gravel roads full of holes i will sell it for 40K and buy myself a nice alfa romeo Giulia diesel..now that's a classy car!!!

14. vrsurgeon

vrsurgeon F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2009
    Charleston, SC
    Full Name:
    Curt
    Medical student driving around in a McLaren wearing a Rolex... sorry bro but you still don't get it.

When the billionaire gets sick, has heart failure, etc. Who do they go to for treatment?

THAT'S respect. Focus on being THAT doctor more and less on the spoiled little rich kid.

I'm out.

15. Abdulaziz

Abdulaziz Karting
    BANNED

Feb 20, 2014
    #65 Abdulaziz, Jan 20, 2017
    I've never taken the car to Uni & have never weared scrubs in the car. Clearly because people assume working hard is only for the people who "need to" and, thus, I'd be reducing the class of the car were I to drive "as a doctor" in it. I know people with your mentality here but they are rare and the problem lyes in the majority of people not you and me.

So all of you are clearly against me buying an F12 instead. I feel fulfilled. Thank you.

16. Abdulaziz

Abdulaziz Karting
    BANNED

Feb 20, 2014
    #66 Abdulaziz, Jan 20, 2017
    I drive a 2010 black Ford Explorer most of the time to be able to forgive others when they hit my car and focus on my education worry free. When I drive my Ford, I can take any enemy unit down without money using my intelligence because I have no weak point.

The problem is if you're paying huge bills and ignore others ---> they nose in and talk to you nicely at first: "Hi nice car and it's a legacy car" ---> When you're nice back ---> they say: "Even if it's 80K or 60K, it's still a great car and don't worry it won't lose more market value". Then they say: "Make sure you watch your milleage so it won't go lower than our ass-sourced quotes that you never asked for".

It's like they wait for you to talk to them then they insult you.

17. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona

Where did you get that idea? I think the majority here are telling you that you clearly made a mistake by buying a used Mclaren and that you should absolutely and immediately do what you have to sell the car and buy a real car instead.

Any more time wasted on this forum is time that could be spent trying to get out of your used mclaren and getting into a true car worthy of someone of your stature.

18. Abdulaziz

Abdulaziz Karting
    BANNED

Feb 20, 2014
    #68 Abdulaziz, Jan 20, 2017
    Were I to change, I will change to a used F12 btw but the F12 isn't as gorgeous as the MP4-12C imo and its ugly front makes it a downgrade from the 599 imho. It's also not the ultimate Ferrari because they have a La Ferrari but I love that my car was the ultimate F1 successor McLaren. I can say To myself that I bought the ultimate McLaren regardless of its price just like current P1 owners have all had/ still have the MP4-12C.

I feel like a billionaire driving and saying the name of the MP4-12C and felt like an instant common person when I sat in the F12 at the dealership although everyone here in KSA clearly has a delusional different opinion. I don't want them to think I'm better or worse than an F12 but to simply respect that not everyone wants a Ferrari as a first choice. When they say 60K, 80K, or even a 100K, they make me in par with Nissan Patrol owners.

As the McLaren after the F1, it's the cheapest hypercar ever made that had no superior model at it's time. MP4-12C is truely the ultimate value car:

19. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Im sorry- the grandson of a true billionaire would never be caught dead in a used mclaren. Have you no shame sir!

20. TC94

TC94 Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 23, 2005
    TN

If the mere commoners and poor folk aren't keen to your wonderful expensive supercar or recognize your superior intellect, maybe you could win them over with all the charm and personality you've displayed here.

I mean, I'm convinced that you'd be a very approachable and engaging owner at a nice C&C on a Saturday morning. The humility and appreciation for all you have in life just bubbles through and will be well-received by most audiences.

Congrats on getting into medical school. Patients respond very well to doctors that carry a certain air of superiority while at the same time decrying their own insecurities and feelings of inferiority about their possessions. Makes them seem more human.

Geez, what a thread. I weep for McLaren owners everywhere.

21. Abdulaziz

Abdulaziz Karting
    BANNED

Feb 20, 2014
    :D

22. Lotaz

Lotaz Formula 3

Nov 18, 2016
    Las Vegas
    Full Name:
    Scott
    #72 Lotaz, Jan 20, 2017

Not a problem for me, as I am secure in who I am. You can only be insulted if you let the comments insult you. Heck if they said my car was only worth 60k I would be happy! Time to move on after having read your other threads.

23. boxerman

boxerman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Sean
    Perhaops what happening is the people demeaning your car are purposely demeaning you because they percieve you bought the car to elevate yourself in the perception of others, and they calling you out on it by insulting the value of your car.

Mostly i think this is an enthusiast site so hopefully people buy the car for what it is not what it represents. But in reality most exotic cars sales are based on what the machine will represent to others, same with Rolex and designer clothes. Many people think they have class through deluding themselvs that status climbing and arrival is not the reason they made the purchase. Without this shallowness these luxury objects could never sell in the volume they do.

The two sportscar brands that lack cachet are Corvette and Lotus. You'll notice even though Lotus is a superior driving product it has hardley any sales, because it has no poseur cachet.

In corvette land most are sold to aging boomers with automatics to cruise around in and imagine a lost youth they never would have had the courage to live anyway.

Sad as a corvette performance wise is probably the top car you can buy for under 500k. Yet so many deride it because its "common" or sold at "costco" which says legions about why people make the car choices they do, and it has very little to do with the intrinsic value of the car.

So if youre trying to attach status to yourself based on the car you own, working people are going to call you out on it, and denigrate you by insulting the value of your car. Whereas you should value your car for what it can do, and what it is not what it costs.

24. Abdulaziz

Abdulaziz Karting
    BANNED

Feb 20, 2014
    #74 Abdulaziz, Jan 20, 2017
    Spot on in everything you said except the fact that the bashers were all people I know. The people I'm friends with don't know I have the car unless their 1- rich and own a Bentley at least / 2- Kind and smart enough to understand why used is better than new. This clearly means that no one who will know I own the car from my innercircle will be a problem to me.

The problem is with every random commentator whether being a service advisor, mechanic, or 1 loser Audi owner I should've never trusted.

I forced myself to buy the car I love instead of the car that has the least bashing potential like an F12 because I want to live the life I want. I don't wanna look back to a fake life even if the F12 would never get bashed. My love for this car goes beyond anything I have ever felt towards material stuff. It's so phenominal in every area.

P.S. I wish people would be as honest as you because they all claim they love the 488 more than the 458 more than the F430 more than the 360 and so on when money is clearly what they are responding to ;(

25. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound