Sad Experience at Ferrari Las Vegas | Page 10 | FerrariChat

Sad Experience at Ferrari Las Vegas

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by 1cerberus4u, Nov 7, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ErinB

ErinB Rookie

May 30, 2020
    Full Name:
    Erin Beyer
    #226 ErinB, Nov 13, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2020
    We’ve been customers of Ferrari if Las Vegas for 3 years and purchased 3 cars. They are an outstanding dealer. We’ve always made an appointment because you want to make sure that your salesperson has the time to spend with you. And the doors used to be unlocked (pre covid)but they have to abide by state guidelines to remain open and safely do business. Not to mention crazy people mentioned in previous comments. If your brother wants to purchase a Ferrari (and I highly recommend it) it’s worth making the appointment and taking the time to get the right car. They are a great dealer and the service department is excellent. Our salesperson is Jeff Adelman.

GT2goneF likes this.
  2. nickorette

nickorette Formula Junior

Jun 19, 2017
    Canada
    I get that exotic dealerships have a lot of tire kickers and hard people to deal with that inevitably sour first impressions, but I'm constantly surprised at either the low level or average level of customer experience for the ticket item you purchase.

I've dealt with a number of dealerships and buying a 300k car is often about the same as buying anything else, never felt special.

There have been a few times when I've received a truely excpetional customer experience and it is literally transformative. Once when I bought an IWC and once where I almost bought a 718 Spyder (but backed out because GPF and long gearing). It makes me wonder how much more business the industry could do if all dealerships took the customer experience more seriously

Graz and GT2goneF like this.
  3. LARRYH

LARRYH F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2011
    virginia usa
    keeping in mind that I have no idea what signs the dealership has on its door. BUT I think the dealer was wrong especially if they have salesman sitting around not doing anything... That being said I have never had ANY issue getting into any place that I would like to get into ... The idea of not taking pictures I suppose is possible but why put it in the front window .. I would have to say if I was in the dealership and wanted to take pictures of car with a salesman standing next to me I would probably tell him I would like to take a couple pictures do you mind.. but who knows ...
    I am glad the salesman doesn't work for me cause if the brother WAS a buyer he just missed a sale...
    Tell your Brother to go to Scottsdale Ferrari or Beverly Hills Ferrari they have both treated me very well in the past and are not far from Vegas.

4. RayJohns

RayJohns F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 21, 2006
    West Coast
    Full Name:
    Ray
    Haha, thanks man! You know I have a YouTube channel dedicated to telling my stories right? Search "Stories by Ray" on YouTube and you should find it and/or search "ray5961" and there is a link off that page to it.

Ray

GT2goneF likes this.
  5. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    You know, while you disagree, you are actually indirectly agreeing as well.

Making an effort needn't be hard or take a lot of time - it is often the simple things. If you go hobo for the day, but make a choice of wearing that piece as well, you are doing something proactive that puts up the flag. You make it easy for the rep to spot that you are not just a "tourist". Nothing wrong with browsing for fun, but when I visit a car dealer that does not know me, I'm very up front about my intentions. This usually takes a very positive turn, as the staff and I meet on the level that simply is a common interest in cars.

When you wear your exotic time piece with your flip flops, you put them at ease. There are many ways you can make an effort, that is one of them.

As for being an utter asshat, well you can dress in what ever you like and wear four Pateks on each arm, but your demeanour will be your downfall. And in the same way, when we are slumming it, how we conduct ourselves has a major impact on the outcome.

For a first meeting which in this case was a planned meet, make some kind of effort. Wear your watch, wear a nice pair of shoes or what ever. Just do something that indicates that you are not playing that game of trying to seem like you cannot afford a Fiat 500. It is just tacky and they have seen it a million times.

Sent from my SM-G930F using FerrariChat.com mobile app

IloveGT and GT2goneF like this.
  6. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    Yes Ray... we know. We all know! (TIC) EVERYBODY, DO YOU GUYS KNOW RAY JOHNS HAS AN AUDIO YOUTUBE CHANNEL THAT TELLS HIS STORIES???

I'm kidding Ray.. with all the respect in the world... I actually listened to one already. You are quite an entertainer, I would love to make your acquaintance one day. I mean it. Is there some sort of a 50k per plate dinner or something like that we can attend to?

RayJohns and pdxjim488 like this.
  7. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    LOL... If you wear a total of 8 Pateks, I will automatically assume not the best of you and I will treat as such.

8. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    How About 7?

GT2goneF likes this.
  9. IloveGT

IloveGT Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 17, 2015
    I actually did not have pleasant experience with Jeff at all to the point that I bought the car from Newport and I made the point to let him know he lost my business.

10. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    LOL... You got me there, probably I would think of you a little better than the guy wearing 8, but worse than the guy wearing 6.

Sent from my BLA-A09 using FerrariChat.com mobile app

SoCal to az likes this.
  11. Cigarzman

Cigarzman F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

#236 Cigarzman, Nov 14, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2020

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Good afternoon sir , I own a Baseball Hall of Famers house and I’m here to possibly purchase a Ferrari. :rolleyes:

italiafan, GT2goneF, IloveGT and 2 others like this.
  12. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Before I can let you into the store, what was the batting average of the baseball player whose house you bought?

Cigarzman likes this.
  13. Cigarzman

Cigarzman F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sir , if it was less than .300 please let me refer you to your left as that is the Lusso section.

italiafan and GT2goneF like this.
  14. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    You are mistaken sir. Under 300 please visit our sister Maserati dealership. Anything in the 300-325 range Portifino. Above 325 to 350- we will allow you to look at the v8 Ferrari’s. Above 350- please help yourself to a Superfast.

italiafan, GT2goneF and Cigarzman like this.
  15. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Gonna need to lower standards or ain't anyone getting a Ferrari.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Batting_average_(baseball)#Values

T

willcrook likes this.
  16. RayJohns

RayJohns F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 21, 2006
    West Coast
    Full Name:
    Ray
    Man oh man.. rough crowd over here on the 'Sad thread'.

$5 per plate. Don't forget to like & subscribe!

Ray

GT2goneF likes this.
  17. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    Turns out it's not a HOFer and the guy's batting average is 0.201...but it was a pitcher so I'll give them a break. ;)

GT2goneF and SoCal to az like this.
  18. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    GT2goneF and tomc like this.
  19. Chadly

Chadly Formula Junior

Mar 21, 2010
    Bothell, WA
    Full Name:
    Chad
    This is going to be the thread of the year...
    All joking aside there is plenty of us that have felt this op's rich brother, who lives in a HOF'ers houses' pain... I can strike a check for multiple Ferraris (I actually can't, but I do already own 2 :cool:) nor do I live in a HOF'ers house. However, I got shunned at my local dealer, they turned me away because I didn't make an appointment and they were all sitting there staring at me from inside. I didn't cry about it on the forum though o_O but I guess I kinda am now?

20. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    So I actually had a good experience with a dealer recently. Went to my local Ferrari dealer and at first they wouldn’t let me in. Then I pulled out my Holiday Inn Express key where I had spent the previous night in preparation my Ferrari dealer visit.

Not only did they immediately let me in but gave me an allocation for the SF90 on the spot. And I told them that the clean lady’s cousins uncles sister slept with a hall of famer. Even though the hall of famer was in bowling, they didn’t care. They gave me 2 Ferrari coffee mugs on the spot. Great service!!!

GT2goneF, Cigarzman, Chadly and 2 others like this.
  21. IloveGT

IloveGT Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 17, 2015
    #246 IloveGT, Nov 15, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2020
    the mug was 39.99. and you got 2. geez. good job. :p

LARRYH likes this.
  22. buddyg

buddyg F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2004
    West Michigan
    Full Name:
    Buddy
    Crazy you can only get a hit 30% of the time and you make millions of dollars. If I was only successful 30% of the time delivering my customers freight I would be out of business!

GT2goneF and tomc like this.
  23. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    I have a story that happened to a customer of mine 5 years ago that shocked me. He was a Porscheaphile who decided to scratch his itch and buy a Ferrari, a 458. He went to his local Ferrari dealer, dressed in jeans, and over coat and drove up in his 911. The dealership had a used 458 in stock and after discussing details with the salesman, requested a test drive prior to purchase. The salesman shockingly replied with the following: In order to test drive the car, you would need to bring a bank draft for the sale price. You would then be permitted a test drive. If you go forth with the purchase, we retain your payment and the car is yours. In the event, you decide not to purchase the car, we return your draft. Needless to say, he left without agreeing to this outlandish request and has continued owning Porsches.

LARRYH and willcrook like this.
  24. Cigarzman

Cigarzman F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

You baller , you are the man !!!!

GT2goneF likes this.
  25. buddyg

buddyg F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2004
    West Michigan
    Full Name: