Sad Experience at Ferrari Las Vegas | Page 15 | FerrariChat

Sad Experience at Ferrari Las Vegas

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by 1cerberus4u, Nov 7, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Cigarzman

Cigarzman F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Chizz likes this.
  2. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    I wonder who has a better swing - this guy or Pete Rose?

Cigarzman likes this.
  3. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    He was. He was a great player but was and still is an ******* as a person. Deserves to be a HOFer for they way he played the game but never for his personality.

Chizz likes this.
  4. buddyg

buddyg F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2004
    West Michigan
    Full Name:
    Buddy
    Yes my dear I will definitely take the Pista and would it be alright for me to pay $100,000 over sticker?

GT2goneF likes this.
  5. Franchise1450

Franchise1450 Karting

Apr 20, 2019
    Portland, OR
    Full Name:
    Franchise1450
    I purchased a Ferrari here 2 years ago. Overall very good experience and fantastic car. I have one of their top sales guys I can set you up with if you need something. Sounds like they are just on edge with COVID and this recent incident.

ryalex likes this.
  6. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    That is without the tip!

xBox likes this.
  7. buddyg

buddyg F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2004
    West Michigan
    Full Name:
    Buddy
    Tip? I’ll give her the whole thing!

8. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    I saw that one coming a few thousand miles away! I set it up for you like it was tee ball. You're welcome!

BMW.SauberF1Team likes this.
  9. IloveGT

IloveGT Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 17, 2015
    just the tip or tips? two very different things.

10. buddyg

buddyg F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2004
    West Michigan
    Full Name:
    Buddy
    LOL YEP!

GT2goneF likes this.
  11. niccmann

niccmann Rookie

Mar 5, 2021
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Nicholas
    #361 niccmann, May 27, 2021
    Last edited: May 27, 2021
    Sad that the OP's brother had such a bad experience. Especially because I've very recently had the very opposite one.

As I explained in a previous post I don't come from the money, in fact its quite the opposite. But because I got lucky while I was working hard, I recently (and quite unexpectedly) acquired the means to fulfil one of my biggest childhood dreams, which is to own a Ferrari.

A couple of months ago I called my local Ferrari dealership and I expressed interest in a Porto, and I asked if I could visit the same day. There's only one salesman at my local dealership (I don't think they sell more than 20 cars per year).

I went with my wife. I wear a Casio watch. My wife was wearing a Chanel bag, but that was about it. We are young, we were wearing t-shirts and cheap sneakers, apart from my wife's bag we had nothing expensive on us. I had always believed that buying a Ferrari is difficult, that there is a waiting list, that you have to be screened. I was nervous, so nervous. Never had been to a Ferrari dealership in my life. Just 6 months earlier I had never imagined I could buy a Ferrari, so I really didn't know how to behave.

Well, the salesman was INCREDIBLE. He gave me an amazing service. He showed me the car with care and love. He realised I was almost crying while I was checking the car, he carefully asked if it would be my first Ferrari, and I confessed that not only it would be my first one but that for the vast majority of my life I din't even imagine I would be able to buy one some day. I also told him that I was a bit worried of what my friends and neighbours would think, as no one around me is wealthy, I basically opened up to him...

He took me to the configurator and helped me to configure my dream car and, well, it was such a wonderful experience I decided to pull the trigger on the spot. He did such a good job, he made me feel so special, that I had no doubts that I wanted to fulfil my dream and he was the best possible person to introduce me to the Ferrari family.

Now two months have passed and not only I ordered a new Porto, but I also bought a pre-owned car from the same dealership, and I'm seriously thinking about buying another Ferrari in the next 12 months. And maybe a Purosangue in the future? Oh, and I also paid for 2 Ferrari events that I will attend to in the next months, and also for a Ferrari driving course.

Making a long story short, I'm living my childhood dream BIG TIME, and I have to give a lot of credit to my local dealer. When you buy this kind of car the service you get is extremely important. Since I was a child I dreamed with Ferrari, but then I was subconsciously afraid that I might not be good enough to enter the family, that I didn't have the "pedigree", etc. Well, my local dealer introduced me to the Ferrari family, and he showed me with care and love that I belonged there. He now has a loyal customer for the years to come!

Ryan13, willcrook, Rexcat458 and 4 others like this.
  12. sokoloka

sokoloka Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 27, 2011
    Southern California
    When recently shopping for my 812SF, I asked if I could test drive the car I was planning to purchase. The owner of the consigned car responded that I could buy the car first and then test drive it all I want.

The dealer was kind enough to let me test another 812SF - subsequently negotiated the price down a decent amount to a great deal and purchased the original one same day. Not sure who got the best of whom on that one LOL.

Boomhauer likes this.
  13. IloveGT

IloveGT Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 17, 2015
    well played.. actually when our wives wear expensively whereas we wear otherwise, it is even a more telling tale sign how truly rich you are to the most seasoned salesman. Even wearing a Casio royal oak which is sold out right now is more chic than ever. Trust me on this.

14. niccmann

niccmann Rookie

Mar 5, 2021
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Nicholas
    It was a $20 Casio F-91W... I usually wear an Apple Watch but I broke it a few days earlier. Never had an expensive watch.

But yeah, I understand what you are saying. Interesting insight!

15. niccmann

niccmann Rookie

Mar 5, 2021
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Nicholas
    #365 niccmann, May 28, 2021
    Last edited: May 28, 2021
    BTW, I've read the full thread now. I agree with those saying that the experience in European dealerships seems very different compared to what US folks describe. In the last 2 months I developed quite a close relationship with my dealer. I told him that I thought that buying a Ferrari was very difficult, that there were waiting lists, and that I've read on the internet that some dealers tell the customers that they have to buy a pre-owned car before being able to put an order for a new car.

He replied that the above is categorically false. He said there are 500 top Ferrari customers that buy multiple cars every year, and these customers get priority on the limited edition cars. And some special cars are offered only to these top customers. But he insisted there were no special requirements to put and order for a normal production car. Also, when I told him that I wanted a pre-owned car while I waited for the new one, the guy really did an awesome job looking for what I asked him. He searched all over Europe until he found what I wanted, and he was super quick. Extremely good service, I almost felt he was working only for me - he made me feel special.

That said, I ordered my new Porto almost two months ago and he just told me that I stiill have time to change the specs if I want. So its not yet in production. My impression is that in my country there is a balance between offer and demand - basically there is low demand, and there are enough Ferrari allocations to meet it. On the contrary, the US is a very wealthy country and there are a lot of people able to buy a Ferrari, so probably dealers have more demand than allocations, and that's why the strange requirements.

16. willcrook

willcrook Formula 3

Feb 3, 2009
    UK
    good post and I think it's how you come across that was picked up on, if you're a real person who's greatful and excited about their car purchase as in your case then it's contagious and nice! a self entitled businessman who expects everything is the complete opposite and it's understandable how staff get tired of them

niccmann likes this.