Sad incident | FerrariChat

Sad incident

Discussion in 'Hawaii' started by sowest, Dec 14, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. sowest

sowest Formula Junior

Aug 18, 2006
    It was mid-afternoon and a voice from outside caught my attention. It was loud, definitely out of the norm. I went outside and found a very pretty young girl (late teens) sitting on the concrete with her back against the entry door to the office in the building next door. I walked over and noticed several people in the office looking out from behind an office partition. The girl was talking continuously, ranging from soft spoken to nearly yelling. She also ranged from seeming sad to outright laughing. Most of what she was saying was unintelligible. It didn't sound like another language. It seemed to be nonsense syllables, gibberish. The only things that she said that I could understand were "Do you have a lighter?" and "Help me".

I tried to offer help: call friends or family, but she never responded directly to anything I said. Suddenly, she got up, picked up her bag and walked down the driveway to the street and walked down the sidewalk. I followed and watched her a short while, just to satisfy myself that she wasn't going to walk out into the busy street.

She was clean, well dressed, and well groomed. The inescapable conclusion is drugs of some kind. She is somebody's daughter, grand daughter, sister. Sad.

The other thing that bothered me was that no one from the office came out to see if they could help.

2. Alcav5

Alcav5 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2012
    Scarsdale, NY
    Full Name:
    Al
    Sad.
    Been in similar situation where I live and wished I'd done more, but don't know what.
    Hate when I see our young in a mess.

3. DennisForza

DennisForza Formula 3

May 23, 2006
    Arlington, VA
    Full Name:
    Dennis
    Next time call 911. HPD has folks that are great with dealing with folksin that situation. Might have been a serious mental or physical health issue,might not have been drugs.