Sad news out of LFSC | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Sad news out of LFSC

Discussion in 'Chicago' started by spike308, Nov 15, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. viper

viper Karting

Jan 26, 2004
    CHICAGO, IL
    Full Name:
    DR. J
    Let's all just celebrate and be thankful we all are driving the best car in the world, FERRARI'S! Let's be one big happy family. :)

2. sklitz11

sklitz11 Formula Junior

Sep 4, 2004
    D.P. Illinois
    Full Name:
    Vince C.
    I'm with you , Viper...

Thanks.
    Vince

3. Huskerbill

Huskerbill F1 Rookie

Sep 6, 2004
    Oconomowoc, WI
    Full Name:
    Bill
    TRIPLE RATS!!!

Those Bible colleges, with their core curriculum, make it impossible to get out in 4. Don't be ashamed....

;-)

(For all of you guys who don't get this, don't worry, it is an inside joke.....)

4. Huskerbill

Huskerbill F1 Rookie

Sep 6, 2004
    Oconomowoc, WI
    Full Name:
    Bill

You are 29 or so now right??

5. caps8419

caps8419 Karting

Aug 20, 2004
    Thousand Oaks, CA
    Full Name:
    michael
    Dude,

HAHAHA!!! Please let me know when you are done preaching on your soapbox. Who died and gave you the right to judge me? Have you ever met me? No. Please keep your judgments to yourself, no one wants to hear them and I surely do not. One thing I learned at Best Buy (besides that they are over priced) is that one should never pass judgment on the qualifications of a potential customer. You make an ass of yourself. Perhaps if you paid closer attention to that axiom you would not have a 328 at 29, but i'm not passing judgment....

-Mike

Ps. Thanks Screentime but it won't be a ferrari i'm in.... I've been discouraged by so many rude and egotistical owners. Ahem....

If anyone on Ferrari Chat wants to meet one of the best guys in exotic car sales and one of the nicest guys to anyone OF ANY AGE he just left FVM.

6. mmotors

mmotors Rookie

Nov 6, 2005
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Marc
    Caps8419:

Out of curiosity, when were you planning on purchasing your first F-car? This is probably a good time of year to pull the trigger - prices are generally down before the holidays. I'd definitely recommend buying now as opposed to after the 1st of the year...

Just my $.02

7. caps8419

caps8419 Karting

Aug 20, 2004
    Thousand Oaks, CA
    Full Name:
    michael
    Marc,

I do not plan on buying a F-car. I would much rather own a lamborghini. Gallardo's look really good at the moment. I don't plan on buying for several years however.

-Mike

8. spike308

spike308 F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    Austin TX!
    Full Name:
    Mike Z
    I'm sure you will find the Lambo guys to be significantly different!
    The worst seem to be the owners of Buick Centurys...

9. caps8419

caps8419 Karting

Aug 20, 2004
    Thousand Oaks, CA
    Full Name:
    michael
    Spike/anyone,

They are significantly different. Who were the first people to let me photograph their vehicles? Lamborghini owners. Who are the first people to offer me rides in their lamborghinis? guess. Ironicly it was lamborghini people who let me drive a challenge stradale...to compare. I will miss Mike at fox valley because he is one of the coolest guys in the biz. I hope he's doing what he loves though. It seems natural that I would want a lambo not a ferrari...the atmosphere is better.

I'm sorry that I had a bad experiance with the person/s this thread is about but then again i'm entitled to my opinion as is everyone else.

-Mike

by the way, the buick is a previous car

10. DN35

DN35 Formula Junior
    BANNED

Nov 22, 2003
    Illinois
    Full Name:
    D. Norton
    Is this the same dude who was trying to beg rides last month?

11. RocketBoy

RocketBoy Formula 3

Feb 13, 2004
    Wisconsin
    Full Name:
    Professor Hajji
    Mike,

I bet there are a few homes in Barrington Hills, Glencoe, Lake Forest and Hinsdale you should drive up to and start taking snap shots of as well. After all you must admire the work and prestige involved in owning such works of art. Make sure you tell them that you're just a fan, mean no harm, and then walk into their home and fire off some shots of the families having dinner. Make sure you list the peoples' names and ages and how much you respect them and post them on the net like you know them...

Mike you're just a young guy and I was in your shoes once. Huskerbill is right that it (LFSC) is a place of business and doesn't really have to bend over backwards for the needs of even a sincere and honest fan. I think your more entitled to an opinion if you were actually invited over to LFSC by the Mancuso family. Otherwise, you're just some dude off the street with nothing to offer and are intruding on a very exclusive area and simply snooping around for your own good. If you want to spend more time seeing such beautiful cars, start figuring out ways to save money for them instead of taking snapshots of them and thus one day you'll probably be driving one of your own. Hopefully maybe more than just one.

RocketBoy

PS: Or.... Next time lie if you're such a photo nut, say your taking snap shots for a art project related for a school report.

12. bpu699

bpu699 F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 9, 2003
    wisconsin/chicago
    Full Name:
    bo
    When I went to LFSC to buy my car, I tried to limit my time spent socializing with the mechanic (PPI). I realized they were there to make a living, and didn't want to intrude on their time. They were all very friendly. Even after purchasing a ferrari there, I wouldn't have felt comfortable roaming around the shop taking pics...its intruding on their business and into their customers lives...

I also didn't try to sit in all of their cars (I have seen folks do this), but only the ones I was seriously considering. They offered me a ride in cars I knew I wouldn't be purchasing, and declined...

Just the sheer fact that they LET you into the shop speaks volumes about them - and KUDOS to LFSC. If I owned the place, I wouldn't let you in - quite frankly its a liability.

13. spike308

spike308 F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    Austin TX!
    Full Name:
    Mike Z
    Actually, most dealers do not want customers/shoppers in the service area... they claim liability issues, and lets face it, you could show up drunk, hurt yourself somehow in a service bay (crack your head on a car up on a lift) and sue the place, and you will probably win despite being a complete moron.

14. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Privacy issues are at stake as well........FoH is a closed shop, unless you are a known and trusted individual.......

Once that stautus is reached, it's all good....

15. caps8419

caps8419 Karting

Aug 20, 2004
    Thousand Oaks, CA
    Full Name:
    michael
    I have never asked for a ride in any car. Must be someone else.

Rocketboy,

I have met tyler a few times as well as drex and both were very nice to me. One of the mechanics told us we could enter and upon entering we were informed of their rule on pictures. I understand this rule and also the concept of liability insurance and we only stayed for a little bit. I just think that Lee could have gone about it in a different way, perhaps letting us know that for insurance reasons we can't be near people's cars. A simple, "hey guys you can take pictures in the showroom, but we cant let people hang out in the serivice area" would have been a much easier way to put it. Of course it was more wordy and because LFSC doesnt have to care about certain people its ok that he was rude. Regardless what type of dealership or really any place of business you're at there is no need to be rude... even if you are snooping as you seem to call it. One would think, given the reputation of the place and previous experiences, they would be above that.

Rocketboy, I met you maybe last winter at the drive to starved rock and you seemed like a nice guy. hell you even let me try out the massage seats in your dad's car. That was cool of you and you might not have even remembered my name. You were not rude to me for no reason. If I were doing something you didn't agree with would you have told me to get the hell out? I wouldn't think so... Why then did Lee have to be rude? I don't know...a bad a day perhaps. Well I'll stay out of your post as you all have stated Lee seemed to be a good guy to everyone. Maybe it was just a bad day or something...

-Mike

16. DN35

DN35 Formula Junior
    BANNED

Nov 22, 2003
    Illinois
    Full Name:
    D. Norton
    You seem like the same type. Has a hissy-fit when he doesn't get what he wants, which is especially annoying when what he wants belongs to someone else.

17. carlagio

carlagio Formula Junior

Jul 3, 2005
    Chicagoland
    Full Name:
    Carla G.
    Mike, Boo...hoo..someone hurt your feelings....Grow up and get a life and quit wasting everyones time!

18. caps8419

caps8419 Karting

Aug 20, 2004
    Thousand Oaks, CA
    Full Name:
    michael
    You know what guys its cool. Ignorance is obviously bliss for some of you.
    Try thinking for yourself next time.

Thank you for those who were kind enough to have a conversation with me regardless of their thoughts about me or the situation. I really don't care what anyone thinks about me I have no ego to try and hold above myself. Its all in the past and really doesn't matter anymore.

Hope everyone has a nice holiday season and is flying out some where warm and sunny.

-Mike

19. DN35

DN35 Formula Junior
    BANNED

Nov 22, 2003
    Illinois
    Full Name:
    D. Norton
    If you don't care what people think, why do you keep crying about it?

20. spike308

spike308 F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    Austin TX!
    Full Name:
    Mike Z
    This post has taken an unexpected turn.

By far and away, peoples impression about the former service managers @ LFSC have been great. One guy gets rubbed the wrong way, makes a mountain out of the mole hill, unleashing a wave of disapproval. I got in a somewhat heated argument with the service manager at the Dodge dealership in Highland Park recently. He was condescending, misinformed, and I had to set him straight. End of story. Guess what, minivan still goes there for service. Big deal.

Those of us who go to LFSC will miss Lee and Drexler, and I wish them the best.

I'm still trying to figure out why a guy who does not want a Ferrari, thinks their owners are snobs, throws "ignorance is bliss for some of you" without any sort of context continues to post here.

21. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Maybe because he is a car enthusiast?

Just for the record: He was with us at the Go kart event in March and with me at the Autobahn inaugural event in April, where nobody else showed up because of the intermittent weather.

Mike might have come across the wrong way in this thread, but he is a good guy and a true car fanatic.

22. spike308

spike308 F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    Austin TX!
    Full Name:
    Mike Z

23. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas

24. cubbyman60

cubbyman60 Formula Junior

Apr 24, 2004
    LA
    Caps, if, as you say, "Ignorance is obviously bliss for some of you" maybe you should have not posted by saying you were happy Lee was gone. Ignorantly, you stepped into a group of people that Lee worked with and befriended. What kind of response did you expect?
    I don't know what they teach you at Best Buy in terms of relationships and how to act following the accepted norms and memes of society, but you only step down to your perceived level of Lee by enjoying the fact that he has lost his job. Sick. And, if you truly are a future Lamborghini buyer, why should you be happy he left LFSC? What difference would it make to you? If you're such a mature 21 year old, who promises owning a ferrari in the near future, why didn't you confront him yourself? You probably backed down and responded "You know what guys its cool" and waited to hide behind a message board.
    And to my use of bull****, I don't see the problem...It is a fact that when expressing the most heightened emotions, visceral reactions call for profanity.

25. DN35

DN35 Formula Junior
    BANNED

Nov 22, 2003
    Illinois
    Full Name:
    D. Norton
    Schadenfreude.