Saddam Hussein Arrested (unconfirmed) | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Saddam Hussein Arrested (unconfirmed)

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by wax, Dec 14, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Slim

Slim Formula 3

Oct 11, 2001
    Pacifica, CA, USA
    Full Name:
    richard
    that's a pretty wild beard to grow in 8 months!

anyway, i hope this brings some stability over there.

2. Matt LaMotte

Matt LaMotte Formula 3

Oct 30, 2002
    They just said there was an explosion in Iraq right after the presidents speech. Why support a man that is as good as dead. I hope all the sickos over there get the picuture that it's game over for him. So now what do you guys think willl happen to him. Do we hand him over to Iraq and let them do what they want or do we take care of it on our own? Either way I am 99% sure he'll be put to death. I just wonder who will do it and how. It's days like this when it just kicks ass to be American.

3. PeterS

PeterS Four Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 24, 2003
    Goodyear, AZ
    Full Name:
    PeterS
    Robin...A PB&J for breakfast?

4. Robin

Robin F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Arlington, VA
    Can you tell I'm a 20something year old bachelor? ;) and would it help to know I followed up the PB&J with some caramel rice cakes?

Jordan: We've made a positive DNA match... no need to doubt.

I'm *really* interested to see where we'll take this.. I'm sure someone's thought about what we'd do if we caught him. I doubt he'll be killed though... Sometimes it's better to keep these schmucks alive and somewhat visible, just to serve as a reminder to others who might feel the need to get saucy with us. Execution would be too good for him anyway. After living a life of luxury and power, the worst thing for him would be to spend the rest of his days in a cell surrounded by American guards with no one to listen to his mad rantings.

-R

5. PeterS

Silver Subscribed

Jan 24, 2003
    Goodyear, AZ
    Full Name:
    PeterS
    I bet a hundred bucks that his execution will be televised!

6. jordan747_400

jordan747_400 F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 9, 2002
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Jordan

Well then, Im relieved! Hurray :)

7. Tyler

Tyler F1 Rookie

Dec 19, 2001
    dusty old farm town
    Full Name:
    Tyler
    AWESOME!!! A big thanks to our soldiers and coalition forces.

8. randall

randall Formula 3

Nov 2, 2003
    Portsmouth, VA
    Full Name:
    Randall
    "We've made a positive DNA match..."

I'm sure it's him, but how could they do this test so quickly? Every crime in America takes a couple weeks to get results on a DNA test. So what are the views on torturing criminals to get information out of them? Should it be allowed or not?

9. zjpj

zjpj F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    USA
    They can use psychological means, etc., and that's fine with me.

10. HUTCH91TR

HUTCH91TR F1 Rookie

Nov 7, 2003
    Charlotte, NC
    Full Name:
    Hutch
    What a great day for freedom!!
    Now we can focus more attention to destroying al quaeda and bin laden.
    As for Hussein, just hand him over to the NYPD along with a toilet plunger.

11. Robin

Robin F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Arlington, VA
    Sorry to interupt, but what does the NYPD have to do with Hussein??

*pulls pin*
    *counts to 3*
    *toss*

-R

12. randall

randall Formula 3

Nov 2, 2003
    Portsmouth, VA
    Full Name:
    Randall
    Robin,
    Where have you been? Don't you know Saddam is to blame for 9/11? If you watch those videos slowly you can clearly see that those were Iraqi planes, disguised as US airliners.

13. zjpj

zjpj F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    USA
    Not really something to joke about. And you're in the Navy?

14. Robin

Robin F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Arlington, VA
    I agree, it's no laughing matter. But I don't find Randall's comment offensive.. what I find offensive is this 9/11 strawman we've created by implicating Hussein as the guy behind the attacks. The 9/11 guys were a bunch of Saudis under the direction of Bin Laden.. Hussein had nothing to do with it. I find it odd that the WH came out saying that Hussein played a role in the attacks.. then retracted that statement (of course it took Cheney a while to catch on, much to the chagrin of GW).. and now completely disavows any connection between the two. But.... since the seed was planted, there are still a bunch of people who for whatever reason are a bit slow on the uptake that Bin Laden was the 9/11 baddie, not Hussein.

My fear is that with Hussein's capture, everyone will be focused on what a great job we did because hey, mission accomplished!.. while losing sight of the the real threat, still in some hole in Afghanistan. While we're busy passing hi-fives and patting ourselves on the back, the guy who's really caused problems for us is probably scheming his next attack. I hope we capitalize on the momentum created by this small victory instead of kicking back and congratulating ourselves...

-R

15. Tyler

Tyler F1 Rookie

Dec 19, 2001
    dusty old farm town
    Full Name:
    Tyler
  16. Tyler

Tyler F1 Rookie

Dec 19, 2001
    dusty old farm town
    Full Name:
    Tyler

Agree completely!

17. Slim

Slim Formula 3

Oct 11, 2001
    Pacifica, CA, USA
    Full Name:
    richard
    I wouldn't doubt that bin Laden isn't in some hole, but is living comfortably with family members in Saudi Arabia. Like the ones that the administration flew/let fly out of the country on 9/11 and 9/12 (when the rest of the country was grounded). Hey, what are family friends for, eh?

18. Ontogenetik

Ontogenetik Karting

Nov 2, 2003
    It's more intelligent than not blaming "Freedom"
    Good to see all the cheers.

>Not really something to joke about.

Always merry and right is an attribute. You only live once.
    Join in the infinite chant, suggests Derrida.

http://www.commondreams.org/views03/1214-08.htm

19. zjpj

zjpj F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    USA
    First of all, where does Derrida suggest we join in the "infinite chant?"

Secondly, how absolutely predictable that you should frequent commondreams.org! That site is fully of the biggest bull$hit on earth, perpetrated by total jacka$$es like yourself. Get a clue, man. LOL, you are obviously an academic of some sort who is completely removed from reality. My guess is professor or college student who has taken a few humanities classes. Derrida, Lacan, and Marx are interesting in theory - practically useless in practice. Deconstruction serves no purpose when people actually have to make decisions to act, rather than just critiquing the establishment or arguing the pervasiveness of indeterminacy. Post-structuralism is an intersting intellectual discourse. And that's where it ends.

20. PeterS

Silver Subscribed

Jan 24, 2003
    Goodyear, AZ
    Full Name:
    PeterS
    After his shave, he looks like an old Italian fisherman!

21. HUTCH91TR

HUTCH91TR F1 Rookie

Nov 7, 2003
    Charlotte, NC
    Full Name:
    Hutch
    We could always hand him over to the LAPD for some nightclubbing (A la rodney king)!!!
    To those who thought that I was trying to tie sadddam to the 9/11 attacks. I was not. A few years ago, several NYPD officers arrested a Haitian man, and did some nasty attacks on him in the bathroom at their precinct. The worst attack involved a toilet plunger being inserted where the light doesn't shine. That's what I suggested we do with saddam hussein, and I figured that those NYPD officers already had the practice, so why not let'em have that task again...
    There's your explanation!!

22. airbarton

airbarton Formula 3

Nov 11, 2002
    Kennesaw, Ga.
    Full Name:
    Chuck Barton
    Dave, good point! I also wonder if they will be as quick to give Geo credit for the capture as they were to blame him for the inability to find Sadam. Talk about making them eat thier words.

23. Robin

Robin F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Arlington, VA
    Doh! Totally forgot about that... sorry if I came across as bashing you (well ok I sorta was :) ) I actually agree with you now.. but yeah.. doesn't he look sorta like Ron Jeremy or maybe Mario from Nintendo? hmm.. I wonder if Bush will meet with him? Lots of interesting possibilities for the next few weeks/months...

-R

24. JH

JH F1 Veteran

Nov 14, 2002
    Odense, Denmark
    Full Name:
    Jonas H.
    Very nice that we finally got that miscreant out of the way. Darn sweet.

But hey, you are pretty ignorant if you still think WMD will still turn up. He doesn't have any, that's pretty obvious. He didn't have the facilities to build them, and no places to hide them. Let's just face the fact, that he actually did tell the truth when he said he did't have any.

As for where he should go to court. He should clearly be in court in Iraq, the US have nothing to do with him, and how he should be punished. The Iraqi people who has lost family, friends and others to him, should be the ones to judge. So let him go to court in Iraq, not in USA. That wouldn't make sense.

God bless the world (Not only America) :)

Nice catch.
    :)

25. benedict

benedict Formula Junior

Nov 6, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Ben
    that Saddam was actually on "Survivor" hiding out as Rupert! LOL

Ben