Said Goodbye to a Lambo, For Now | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Said Goodbye to a Lambo, For Now

Discussion in 'Arizona & New Mexico' started by 737Drvr, Apr 15, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Under PSI

Under PSI F1 Rookie

May 13, 2005
    Phoenix
    Full Name:
    Jim
    Since my brother owns a new car dealership I can tell you invoice price is not too far off from what the dealer pays for a car. What you are not aware of are hold backs of thousands of dollars when a vehicle sells, manufacturer incentives to dealers for selling a certain number of cars per month and others. I paid $346 over invoice for mine when I bought it. I was told there was at least a $2000 hold back that the dealer got for selling it and there are likely other incentives as well.

2. 737Drvr

737Drvr Karting

Nov 7, 2009
    Under PSI, thanks for bringing up the hold back. I have heard of it and believe it varies based on the car and manufacturer. That is why I think 500 over invoice is a fair deal. To be honest, I did not know there was that much hold back in the GTR. But it stands to reason given the price of the car. Perhaps the number I saw on Nagtroc represented the dealers pure cost with hold back and current incentives taken into account. I certainly don't begrudge a dealer and the sales person from earning a profit. They have families to feed too. At the end of the day, I'll choose the dealer that treated me better for the same price point or a few bucks more. Thanks again for your input. Looking forward to ordering one here in the next couple of months.

3. arizonaitalian

arizonaitalian F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 29, 2010
    Wyoming
    Exactly (I was aware of the various "hold backs" (odd name) and other incentives that make "invoice" a misleading supposed "dealer cost".). That is exacatly my point...there is no way a Nissan dealer makes only $4k on a flagship car like the GTR selling it at full sticker/MSRP (which is the math if the invoice was 82.5 and sticker was 86.5). Personally I believe the various (call them what you will) holdbacks, etc are more than 2k...I would think they make 8-10k on that car selling it at MSRP, thus cost of 78-80. But I don't know that first hand...I am just guessing based on even a minimal expectation of gross profit (heck, not too many businesses run on even the 15% level I'm suggesting here)

4. LukeF

LukeF Formula Junior

Sep 25, 2009
    PHX, AZ
    Full Name:
    Luke Frampton
  5. stcloud

stcloud Karting

Jun 21, 2005
    Phoenix
    Full Name:
    Marco
    I just picked up a 2012 GT-R, it is a great car. Got it from ABC, they were more than willing to deal with me, Power was not so easy.

6. VividRacing

VividRacing F1 Rookie

Aug 23, 2005
    Gilbert, AZ
    Yeah the gtr is a great daily. Lots of fun and easy to bolt on goods if you guys need anything don't forget about us.

I had a 2009 and sold after six months, I think I would like to buy another one soon.