Saleability of cars | FerrariChat

Saleability of cars

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by johnish, Nov 20, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. johnish

johnish Karting

Jun 21, 2004
    Hertfordshire, UK
    Full Name:
    John Isherwood
    Hi

I have a RHD 1992 348ts in Prugna (a sort of Burgundy colour), and am thinking of getting a LHD 1998 F355 Berlinetta in Rosso Corsa. In a years time, which of these will be most saleable, the one with a funny colour or the one with the steering wheel on the wrong side?

2. F328GTS

F328GTS Formula 3

Apr 27, 2004
    Cambridgeshire, UK
    Full Name:
    Nigel R
    Personally I would not buy either as I prefer Rossa Corsa and RHD. However, if I had to choose I would go for the LHD 355 in Rosso. I think it will be more sellable.

3. 400SPYDER

400SPYDER F1 Rookie

Jul 7, 2004
    Kent, England
    Full Name:
    kevan
    John

Try and post a pic - the only Fcar I have ever seen in that colour was a Mondi, and I have too say it looked great - my be slightly biased! Then we can get more idea of the 2 cars.

There are quite a few guys on the UK forum with LHD 355's. I am sure if you started a thread asking for the pros and cons of LHD 355's you would get more response.

4. Fan512bbi

Fan512bbi Two Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2004
    Wales-UK
    Full Name:
    Steve.
    A prugna 308, in this country RHD will always be worth more.

5. 512Tea Are

512Tea Are F1 Rookie

Apr 22, 2004
    Looks fabulous; far better than red - a completely different car in that colour.

512 Tea Are - Tea Arse - Tear Arse

6. Fan512bbi

Fan512bbi Two Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2004
    Wales-UK
    Full Name:
    Steve.
    Agree mate it really is a nice colour.

7. gts328uk

gts328uk Karting

Nov 26, 2003
    Yorkshire, UK
    Full Name:
    Mark
    fantastic colour, Isn't that the original Ferrari classic colour.

8. ferrari355gtb

ferrari355gtb Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    UK
    Full Name:
    R
    Buying left hand drive also opens up the market for the rest of Europe (and the world) when you come to sell. Just sold my LHD 355 and had people interested from France and Sweden, due to the relative weakness of the £ over the last few years LHD 355's in the UK are now the cheapest in Europe.

Rick

9. jrs

jrs Formula 3

Jun 14, 2003
    UK
    Full Name:
    James S
    Fabulous colour combination on a truly great car.

10. johnish

johnish Karting

Jun 21, 2004
    Hertfordshire, UK
    Full Name:
    John Isherwood
    HI

Thank you all, that was most helpful. The 308 in Prugna looked fantastic. I think the dark colour, when polished, appears to give a greater "depth" of polish than the red, and I prefer to stand out from the crowd, rather than join it by going "Rosso Corsa". Mind you, Rosso Barchetta is lovely too!

11. Robertb

Robertb Formula 3

Nov 19, 2003
    South Oxfordshire, U
    Full Name:
    Robert
    I think it is fair to say that there are more red ferraris than any other colour, hence it is the most popular colour new, and so it follows it must also be the most proluar colour used... not called 'resale red for nothing'.

So, if you want a car that will sell quick, I'd say the LHD 355 is the winner.

That said, I think the prugna looks just fabulous. I'd personally stick with the 348 unless you want a 355, but that is a wider question...

Robert.

12. ferrarimadbloke

ferrarimadbloke Karting

Aug 19, 2004
    Porthcawl S.Wales
    Full Name:
    Leyton Thomas
    "Prugna" is Italian for...................PRUNE ...............nuf said!