Sam's fuse blocks :) Oh yeah baby! | FerrariChat

Sam's fuse blocks :) Oh yeah baby!

Discussion in '308/328' started by 308 milano, May 26, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 308 milano

308 milano F1 Veteran

Jan 15, 2007
    Montana
    Full Name:
    Kim
    #1 308 milano, May 26, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Just wanted to share with all of you a photo of Sam's fuse blocks!
    With all my 308s one of the first projects was to remove the factory fuse blocks and replace them with birdman blocks and have had nothing but positive results. Stumbled on a thread from last year discussing Sam's blocks and the craftsmanship . Just received my set a few days ago and the quality is vastly superior! ( Plus Sam is a REALLY good guy!) could not be happier with my purchase, and I can once again use the factory fuse covers.Going to make time to install them today.Thank you again my friend!

Have a set of birdman blocks up for grabs. Fits a 85 Euro QV. Cover the cost of postage and they're yours.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. miketuason

miketuason F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2006
    Cerritos, CA.
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Nice! I too bought Sams fuse block when he offered the group buy years ago and I'm ashame to say until now I still have not installed it yet. I know the quality is superb as it looks like he designed it to last forever.

3. 308 milano

308 milano F1 Veteran

Jan 15, 2007
    Montana
    Full Name:
    Kim
    Birdman fuse blocks have been spoken for.

4. 308 milano

308 milano F1 Veteran

Jan 15, 2007
    Montana
    Full Name:
    Kim
    #4 308 milano, May 26, 2017
  5. chas-3

chas-3 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 28, 2009
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Chuck
    Was it plug and play or did you have to install new connectors?

6. 308 milano

308 milano F1 Veteran

Jan 15, 2007
    Montana
    Full Name:
    Kim
    Plug and play, very simple. :)

7. KeithS

KeithS Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 30, 2008
    Paradise Valley, AZ
    Full Name:
    Keith Stephens
    Where do I find Sam?

Need fuse blocks for 308GT4.

Keith

8. 308 milano

308 milano F1 Veteran

Jan 15, 2007
    Montana
    Full Name:
    Kim
  9. GordonC

GordonC F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 28, 2005
    Calgary, AB, Canada
    Full Name:
    Gordon
    Sam's fuse block upgrade thread is in the Boxer forum section, here: http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/boxers-tr-m/140216-boxer-fuse-block-upgrade.html

Read through that and you'll find instructions from Sam on how to contact him and all the discussions about these fuse boxes.

Does a 308GT4 use the same fuse boxes as the 308 GTB/GTS? For some reason I recall that they're different, so Sam's fuse boxes might not fit a GT4.

10. Ferraridoc

Ferraridoc F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 20, 2012
    Gold Coast, Aust.
    Full Name:
    Patrick
    Me too :(
    They are beautiful to look at though! One of my fuse covers melted a bit, and I need to replace it and the labels. It would be sacrilege to spoil Sam's craftsmanship with an inferior cover!
    My TS-17s are still in the boxes, too - my bad. I'm still vacillating over tyre choice, and I've got to tweak the ride height a bit (it's a little low, and I've misplaced my C spanners).
    I've been so busy at work, I need to book a space next Tuesday fortnight just to scratch my arse.

11. Jonny Law

Jonny Law F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

May 6, 2008
    Over yonder.
    Full Name:
    IT Guy
    #11 Jonny Law, May 27, 2017
  12. 308 milano

308 milano F1 Veteran

Jan 15, 2007
    Montana
    Full Name:
    Kim
    I'm running Bussman ID fuses which also glow if they blow, except for the 7 1/2 amp. No one seemed to carry them in Bussman.

13. SJP 5

SJP 5 Karting

Jun 7, 2015
    Hello,
    Sam makes the fuse boxes for all models,you just have to advise him what you want and he wires up accordingly.
    From my own experience, the workmanship is superb and the difference unbelievable.
    I would not hesitate in recommending this upgrade.
    Tom

14. PDB

PDB Formula Junior

Feb 1, 2011
    Leicestershire, UK
    Full Name:
    Paul
    #14 PDB, May 29, 2017
    I replaced the Birdman fuse boxes with Sam's last year in my GT4 and it may have been my thread that the OP was referring to.

I'm very happy with them and I've also used LED fuses as suggested earlier. I haven't had one blow yet, so I don't know what they look like when they do.

One point to note is that I had a box of assorted blade fuses and these were very loose in Sam's connectors, but the LED fuses are a much better fit.

The LED on the fuses in the picture above stands proud of the main body, so the covers may not fit. The ones I've used have the LED within the body, so don't add any extra height.

Paul
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

15. 76SS

76SS Karting

Feb 28, 2014
    South Carolina
    Full Name:
    Jeff Kelley

I totally agree. I just changed out my Birdman fuses to Sam's also. Another nice thing is that the original covers fit perfectly.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login [​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk