Saturday 11/29 Fcar drive? | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Saturday 11/29 Fcar drive?

Discussion in 'New England' started by Birdman, Nov 24, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. racerx

racerx Guest

Nov 23, 2003
    Nice cars, good food, great people. Hit a little squal on the way back and had a seconds worth of fun down 128. Thanks a lot to everyone.
    T the u-boat commander

2. Prova85

Prova85 Formula 3

Nov 13, 2003
    So. Shore MA.
    Full Name:
    Kenny K
    Good time today guys. Very much looking forward to more of those. Nice shots Dan. And Tom, I grabbed that Carrera GT mpg you talked about. That thing sounds so awesome. I wonder what it redlines at ?

Kenny K.

3. TCM

TCM Formula Junior

Nov 10, 2003
    Tyngsborough, MA
    I had a great time today guys. Thanks to Tom and birdman for all their time in trying to organize an actual date and time to hold the event. It was great to meet everyone and enjoy some good food (it is 8:15pm and I am still full!!). I also hit snow squalls on the way home, it looks like winter may finally have arrived :(.

4. Birdman

Birdman F1 Veteran

Jun 20, 2003
    North shore, MA
    Full Name:
    THE Birdman
    Hey Everyone,
    That was great fun to see (and meet) you all today! Thanks for turning out. I wish they had a table big enough to fit everyone because I was hoping to chat more with everyone, but hey, next time!

I know that cookouts in sunny weather where we can all oggle the cars all day are better, but at this point in the season, any excuse for an FCar drive is good for me! I'm just glad the weather held. We had some flurries for a few minutes on the way home, but I was the last to leave.

Dan, thanks very much for that awesome ride in your 360. That is one heck of an awesome car! Maybe someday in 20 years when they are cheap, I can own one!! Also thanks for the fastest pic posting in the universe (I shot film...but will have scan of the cars in my driveway in a couple days ).

Meanwhile, everyone keep an eye peeled here in the NE section. Christine and I are going to have a big FChat cookout in the spring and I hope at least some of you might be interested in my proposed Maine overnight drive. (I have a house on the ocean in Maine that can sleep about 10 people...check out the Spring get together thread).

Stay warm and get those FCars indoors!!

Best,
    Jonathan

5. ETW

ETW Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    MA
    Thanks for the AWESOME time everyone, especially you, Birdman for organizing this. Thank you soooo much Spivy for giving me a ride in your car, its the coolest car Ive ever seen. All of your cars were so beautiful. I think talking to actual owners of these cars got my dad a few steps closer to buying one. I took some pictures which I will be posting soon.
    Thanks for the fantastic time eveyone! It made my day!(or week...or even year!)
    BTW, on the way home I saw some of you driving. Prova in his TR, Zan is his 355, that Porsche 928(sorry, I forget your name at the moment). You guys were FAST! We were going 100+ and you guys zoomed past us like we were standing still. We tried to follow you but we couldnt catch up, and we were going about 120! I'm really looking forward to the next New England meet. I hope by then I can actually show up in a Ferrari. Thanks again Spivy. Take care!

Evan

6. zan

zan Formula Junior

Nov 15, 2002
    Boston
    Full Name:
    Mark M
    Big thanks to Christine & Jonathan for putting this together. Great people, great time, Looking forward to the next.
    Mark

7. spivy

spivy Karting

Nov 3, 2003
    Newton, MA
    Full Name:
    Gene Spivak
    Great time. Enjoy company of everybody. Can't wait for next year to start so we can get together again.

Mark good luck in next purchase, hopefully it is Fcar. Let Fcar Mass community grow. If you need 360 drive in 6 speed, I have my brother give you car for a speen so you make a decision. Let me know. Stick with Fcar, there are great.

Thank you Birdman for event, it was great. See you next spring. Please drive carefully, take care. Have a pleasant winter and enjoy the snow.

Thanx, Spivy

8. spivy

spivy Karting

Nov 3, 2003
    Newton, MA
    Full Name:
    Gene Spivak
    ETW thank you for comment. You are very good kid. Stay in school, education is what you need to achive your goals. Good luck and listen to your dad.

Spivy

9. zan

zan Formula Junior

Nov 15, 2002
    Boston
    Full Name:
    Mark M
    Spivy, Thanks again for letting me take your car out, GREAT CAR. The sport seats are a must have. It was a short run but I must say I think I would prefer a 6 speed over the F1. After I sell mine and ready for a purchase I'll test drive a 6 speed and decide. My son Zack is now sold on a 360, he loved it.

p.s. If I'm drawn to the dark side and purchase a roadster, can I still come to f-car events? :(
    Mark

10. Prova85

Prova85 Formula 3

Nov 13, 2003
    So. Shore MA.
    Full Name:
    Kenny K
    Mark,

Good luck with the sale and next decision/purchase. I've got a feeling you'll be showing up in a roadster next year. You seem to be ready for a change. Keep us posted.

Another bright sunny Fcar day it is right now so. of Boston. Off to Plymouth.

kenny k.

11. enjoythemusic

enjoythemusic F1 World Champ

Apr 20, 2002
    Worldwide
    Full Name:
    Steven
    WOW! Congrats guys! Sorry to have missed it :-( Glad you had a great time and look forward to spring :)

Enjoy the Drive,

Steven R. Rochlin

12. Capt

Capt Karting

Nov 9, 2003
    North of Boston
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Dan,

I would love to get the full size pics. I sent you an email through Ferrari Chat but you probably haven't got it and I don't have your home email.

plz send them to [email protected] and don't worry on the size.

Thanks!

Michael

13. dan360

dan360 F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2003
    Boston
    Michael,

I did get the email this morning - the pics are on my PC @ home, so I'll email them tonight.

Thanks again to Birdman for organization, + I just saw your garage post about lifts. Your workshop will be awesome with a lift in it!

Dan

14. Birdman

Birdman F1 Veteran

Jun 20, 2003
    North shore, MA
    Full Name:
    THE Birdman
    Hi Dan,
    Yeah, I figure that once I get a lift, my garage will have a rotating schedule of FChatters over to "borrow" it--sorta like Verell's house! I'll just make 'em bring the beer...I mean hard cider.

Dan, could you put me on the CC for those pictures for Michael? Thanks.

Jonathan

15. dan360

dan360 F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2003
    Boston
    Birdman/Michael,

Posted to both of you, but its 20MB (!) for the 5 pictures. Each picture is 3072x2048 pixels.

Let me know if you don't get the pics.

Dan

16. spider348

spider348 Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    MA
    Full Name:
    John
    Jonathan, sorry I could not attend. At the Cape preparing the cottage for winter.
    Would have loved to have hitched a ride in your 308. My 348 is in sections in my garage.
    Powertrain out. Wiil send the transmission for rebuild. I will complete the major over the winter. Ferrari fun!
    Actually I enjoy taking them apart and reassembling.
    John

17. Birdman

Birdman F1 Veteran

Jun 20, 2003
    North shore, MA
    Full Name:
    THE Birdman
    Hi John,
    If you need any help over the winter, I will be glad to pitch in, and I'm sure Verell would too (sorry Verell, I think I just volunteered ya!)

My car is about to get some winter work too. I have been waiting for winter to set in and I think it just did.

Jonathan

18. Birdman

Birdman F1 Veteran

Jun 20, 2003
    North shore, MA
    Full Name:
    THE Birdman
    Hi Everyone,
    Got the film back from the latest get together. Here's a "bird's eye" point of view (heh heh heh) of the cars in my driveway.

Birdman