Saturday May 1 - A drive through Goldrush country | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Saturday May 1 - A drive through Goldrush country

Discussion in 'California & Nevada (Northern)' started by RacerX_GTO, Mar 30, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. STR8DVSOZ

STR8DVSOZ Rookie

Apr 2, 2004
    Sac-Town
    Full Name:
    John
    I am sad to say that my lancer will not be up to my carshow standerds by the event because the paint for the body kit is taking longer then i thought and the carbon fiber hood, trunk, and wing are on back order. this sucks i was hoping to impress with me little econo box.

2. jm3

jm3 F1 Rookie

Oct 3, 2002
    United States
    Full Name:
    JM3
    #52 jm3, May 3, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  3. jm3

jm3 F1 Rookie

Oct 3, 2002
    United States
    Full Name:
    JM3
    Zachary Jacques is not having a Citroen Club meeting on Saturday. In fact they are not serving until 4:30. I guess I read their sign incorrectly.
    There are plenty of places to stop and eat. I will do a bit more research.

4. winston

winston Karting

Nov 3, 2003
    foothills
    Full Name:
    don
    If this drive will be on May 8, I would love to attend. Please e-mail me if 5-8 is correct. Also where in El Dorado will you be starting?
    Winston

5. jm3

jm3 F1 Rookie

Oct 3, 2002
    United States
    Full Name:
    JM3
    Gabes request:
    Meet at 9:00 Saturday Morning, leave at 9:30

Click here for map.
    http://tinyurl.com/25s3f

My request:
    There has to be some kind of rules of the road that we will discuss.
    We are certain to run into the new California Revenue Achievement Patrol (formerly known as CHP).
    It would be cool if everyone to tried very hard to bring their Ferrari (or Dino, cough) or be a passenger in one. I know that some peoples F-cars are not driveable, so maybe people could ride together Ferraris?
    Lunch stop is still up in the air, I will figure it out today. I'm making phone calls.
    If everybody gets along, I suggest maybe eating at Masque, today or someday in the future. Northern California is not usually this fortunate to have a restaurant like this.
    http://tinyurl.com/yw9rg

I will keep you posted,
    Thanks, Jay

6. Stackhouse

Stackhouse F1 Rookie
    Consultant

Feb 14, 2004
    IN YOUR TRUNK
    Full Name:
    CT.. AKA Pimp Daddy
    If you have any slots open (512TR) I would like to get some updated details. (I see several things have changed)

PD

7. jm3

jm3 F1 Rookie

Oct 3, 2002
    United States
    Full Name:
    JM3
    Just show up, I think we need a headcount of some kind though. I will post something about that. Where is the dog house that you live in?

Jay

8. Stackhouse

Stackhouse F1 Rookie
    Consultant

Feb 14, 2004
    IN YOUR TRUNK
    Full Name:
    CT.. AKA Pimp Daddy
    I will be in the area this weekend for a business meeting and I may be returning the following week. (and may stick around for the drive). Please PM me with the final plan. I have a familiarity with the area but It wouldnt take much for me to get lost. I will invite a friend and if he can make it I'll have a navigator who knows the area.

Thanks

PD

9. jm3

jm3 F1 Rookie

Oct 3, 2002
    United States
    Full Name:
    JM3
    Please RSVP if you are going to meet at Bella Bru in El Dorado Hills at 9:30 on Saturday, May 8.

I figure we can decide our lunch options when we get there and meet each other.

Sequioa on Bee St in Placerville

Masque in El Dorado Hills (after we come back)

Papa Gianni's in Cameron Park

10. XSSSIVE

XSSSIVE Formula Junior

Dec 7, 2003
    Reno & Lake Tahoe
    Full Name:
    Mike S.
    I will be there in my red 360. Is there a address to input into my Nav system?

I will be coming down from Reno.

11. Artherd

Artherd F1 Veteran

Jun 19, 2002
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Ben Cannon
    I'll be there (gulp, if I get up at 6:30 that is :p) possibly 1 or 2 guests.

12. jm3

jm3 F1 Rookie

Oct 3, 2002
    United States
    Full Name:
    JM3
    2 ways to come down from Reno, 50 or 80. 80 is much faster. Try to get off 80 at the Douglas Blvd exit, and head south on Douglas to Folsom-Auburn Blvd. Your nav may tell you go left onto "Dam Rd", but it is closed now. Continue down Folsom-Auburn, turns into Folsom Blvd and then continues to hwy 50. Then head east to South Lake Tahoe/Placerville. If you feel fancy, you can cut through Folsom on Blue Ravine Rd, but the traffic is more complex because the 9/11 induced closure of Dam Rd across Folsom Lake has screwed up the surface street traffic.

Jay

13. RacerX_GTO

RacerX_GTO F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Oregon
    Full Name:
    Gabe V.
    I would like to thank everyone that made it! We had a good group of drivers and it was a pleasure meeting everyone.

This was a good run, though who in the world would ever think that they would block a road off in Plymouth?? ;) If you didn't catch it, soon as the people noticed, all eyes were on us just before we turned right into the residential area. I think the citizens will recover from f-cars passing through their town.

The pictures will be up as soon as they are developed(35mm film)!

Again, thank you!

- Gabe