Save The Date: 4/24 Spring ROE | FerrariChat

Save The Date: 4/24 Spring ROE

Discussion in 'New York Tri-State' started by sjmst, Jan 30, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. sjmst

sjmst F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 31, 2003
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Sam
    The DATE HAS BEEN SET , 4/24/04. Please let me know who would like to go.

Spring ROE…on the way.
    Hello all:
    Those of you who were there for the Fall ROE know about this, but for others, here’s the basic idea:

As many Ferrari chatters as possible get together for a fun run of their cars to beautiful points east on Long Island…known by some as the Hamptons, others as “the Country” but to we commoners on Long Island as simply “Out East.” Hence the name, Run Out East or ROE (wait, even more cleverness to follow). We meet at a central point, caravan to a winery, then onto another point for lunch.

Now, for some fine tuning for the anticipated second installment, Spring ROE:

GENERAL:

1) The DATE HAS BEEN SET , 4/24/04.

2) Everyone is welcome who is an auto enthusiast with a car they love and is in for a friendly get together, and is not likely to require incarceration,

3) Not just a “Guy” thing (sorry guys). Families, kids, wives, girlfriends (though not wives and girlfriends together; it’s a rally, not demolition derby) are welcome. I think it is important to be non sexist and inclusive (OK, the truth: some of you wouldn’t be allowed out without the wife). If that requires a backup car, so be it. Just keep 20 car lengths behind the “real” cars. JK…sort of.

4) We have interest from other Italian Marques owners (Alfa Romeo & Fiat/Lancia), so this will be more inclusive right off the bat.

5) I am trying to make this as simple as possible for everyone to join and enjoy. Basically Pre-pay (yes, see below) and show up. You will be guided all the rest of the way.

MORE SPECIFIC:

1) We gather at a central meeting place, perhaps off Exit 63 of the LIE as we did last time.

2) We caravan out to a winery, the same one as last time, Galluccio Wineries.
    Once there, the following may take place:
    After lining up the cars on the lawn there is a catered lunch for those who PREPAY.
    Then, there are tours and wine tasting. At the same time, there can be informal people’s choice awards for cars based on various categories. Everyone judges each other’s cars. Photos are taken, including perhaps a group shot of one car representing one of each marque represented at the ROE.

3) The next portion is a caravan to other points out east. The final destination will be the dinner gathering, where winners of the judging will be announced. Again, the plan is to have this prepaid.

4) There has been talk of adding a “charity” component to this. That is, give folks the OPTION of contributing to a worthy cause. My initial thought is to contribute to a Hospital, in this case “mine” in NJ. That can be done through a Journal ad by this group, and or raffle ticket purchases. This is purely optional, but it seems would add a nice touch to the event for little money.

THOUGHTS/ IDEAS/ HELP

1) Thoughts on this in these early stages are welcome. Fellow F Chatter Barney has already told me he will work on this with me, as we had worked together for Fall ROE. At a point soon, he and I will have to simply make some decisions and present for people interested, but for now, please offer any ideas or comments.

2) If anyone has any graphic artist skills, might be nice to develop a “logo” for the event.

3) Bruce, I know you have developed a master list. If you, (or anyone) know a good way to reach more people to inform them of this, please tell me.

That’s all for now. More to come.
    Sam
    PS: A pic from Fall ROE

2. Prugna 328

Prugna 328 Formula 3

Sep 10, 2003
    L.I.N.Y.
    Full Name:
    Gregory
  3. Red360Stradale

Red360Stradale Karting

Nov 2, 2003
    Bergen County, NJ
    Full Name:
    Kris G
    If anyone from NJ plans to go and has room for a navigator I read maps very well. Really though if anyone has an empty seat I'll pay for gas.

4. ghost

ghost F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    I'm in as well. I'm in the same position as Red360Stradale, but living in Manhattan. If somebody is leaving from the City, I'd love to join. Thanks.

Regards.

5. Prugna 328

Prugna 328 Formula 3

Sep 10, 2003
    L.I.N.Y.
    Full Name:
    Gregory
    Last year I had an empty seat.( The Mrs. didn't want to go) Maybe same this year.

6. dwhite

dwhite F1 Rookie

I'm in. The last one was fantastic. Hopefully, I will see some of you well before then.

7. Ed P.

Ed P. Formula 3

Dec 28, 2002
    Long Island
    Full Name:
    No Longer
    Oh @#&!, How about the weekend before or after? I'm gonna be out of state that weekend!!!

8. sjmst

sjmst F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 31, 2003
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Sam
    @#$% is right. We'll see. Would hate for you to miss it.

9. idloveaguinness

idloveaguinness Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    LI NY
    Full Name:
    Kevin Landry
    Don't worry Ed. I'll take 'er for ya. ;^)

Kevin

10. DodgeViper01

DodgeViper01 F1 Veteran

Oct 1, 2003
    I can not wait for this event. It sound like it is going to be a lot of fun again. I can tell you the last one was amazing. But back to the reason of the post. Here are the questions I have gotten from a few people:

How much is the event going to be? Per person or per car?

How do we pay?

When is the payment due?

Thanking you in advance

KEITH

11. sjmst

sjmst F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 31, 2003
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Sam
    Good questions, and we will have answers for you soon. For now:

"How much is the event going to be?"
    Enough to cover a reasonable lunch and maybe dinner.

"Per person or per car?"
    Per Person

How do we pay?
    I would REALLY like all pre paid via PAYPAL.

When is the payment due?
    BEFORE the event, most likely a couple weeks before.

More details to follow.
    Sam

12. DodgeViper01

DodgeViper01 F1 Veteran

Oct 1, 2003
    Ok sounds great. Let me know when we find out more. I think I have a few cars that I am going to get to come.

13. DodgeViper01

DodgeViper01 F1 Veteran

Oct 1, 2003
  14. ClydeM

ClydeM F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Wayne, NJ
    Full Name:
    Clyde E. McMurdy
    Count me in.

15. ghost

ghost F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    Sorry to post late on this one, but can somebody tell me the color of the 550 in the picture. Doesn't look stock, but rather a custom job. In any event, I think it looks phenomenal, which is why I was asking!!

The other thing that I find interesting is that it has a Florida license plate?! Hmmm...

Thanks.

16. DodgeViper01

DodgeViper01 F1 Veteran

Oct 1, 2003
    This 550 Maranello was made in Tour De France Blue by Ferrari. It is not a custom job but rather just a rare color. When that car rolled into the parking lot, I was amazed since I have never seen TDF Blue on a Ferrari in person. AMAZING!

The reason the plate is Florida is beacuse he drove up from Florida I believe with his brother who owns the red F355 Spyder. They drove up together if memory serves me right.

17. billy89tr

billy89tr Rookie

Oct 31, 2003
    Count me in this time--I am so sorry and pissed I missed the last one--I will try to get my brother to tag along as well.
    Me-Lotus
    If my my brother comes -either the TR or the 355

18. lotustt

lotustt Formula 3

Aug 28, 2002
    Full Name:
    TRM
    How is your Lotus engine rebuild coming along? If its all done it must be even better than before!

19. billy89tr

billy89tr Rookie

Oct 31, 2003
    It's all done--I am still breaking in the motor though--very nerve wracking--the power is there--an unbelievable amount-just cannot use it--482 miles to go till full throttle

20. KennyH

KennyH F1 Veteran
    Owner

Aug 13, 2001
    NYC
    Full Name:
    Kenny
    Did you get the chip for the car yet? New tranny?

AHH I want another ride :).

21. billy89tr

billy89tr Rookie

Oct 31, 2003

Yes Kenny the race ECU, 6 speed tranny, complete balanced and blueprinted motor, forged pistons, 5 angle valve job, ported and polished heads and intake. Next up the intercoolers.

22. KennyH

KennyH F1 Veteran
    Owner

Aug 13, 2001
    NYC
    Full Name:
    Kenny

Woowwwww--- mind if I come and take some video of the car?

23. jgoodfellow

jgoodfellow Rookie

Feb 14, 2004

24. sjmst

sjmst F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 31, 2003
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Sam

25. 550

550 Rookie

Sep 19, 2003
    The color is stock "Nart Blue". My brother and I both live on Long Island, But we own homes in Florida. See you at the next ROE.