SAVE YOUR CAMBELT???? | Page 3 | FerrariChat

SAVE YOUR CAMBELT????

Discussion in '348/355' started by Stbernard, Mar 29, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Jagbuff

Jagbuff Formula 3

Jan 13, 2004
    Site of US F1 Race!
    Full Name:
    Franck
    Again I am more than interested in expanding my limited knowledge (that's why I am on the list) - but my comment was based on the way the tools was presented - I agree that the tool as a holder would work, but understood that it would be used in lieu of a cam lock - to tighten the system up after the timing is adjusted. Ok, so it is not for for that (doesn't have a positive lock or you would have to tighten the heck out of it). Why use it in the fist place if you are going to remove it while you reset the cams, if it's just a "holder" that's the most expensive holder I have ever seen!

Nice tool dave, that one makes sense to me.

2. ferraridriver

ferraridriver F1 Rookie

Aug 8, 2002
    Bay Area Calif.
    Full Name:
    Dave
    How many do I have to sell to pay for the 599? and at what price?

Maybe I'll retire again and go live on a yacht in Monaco. :)

If I could just figure out a way to inscribe a little horsey on them I could do it easy.

Anyone wants to borrow them just let me know. You only would use them for breaking the cam pully bolt loose, and torquing it again if you are timing the cams. The cams don't turn by themselves if the motor is on TDC and
    there is no need to loosen the pully bolt if you're just changing belts.