Say it aint so Enzo... | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Say it aint so Enzo...

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Burnout, Feb 5, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Matt LaMotte

Matt LaMotte Formula 3

Oct 30, 2002
    How much do you estimate this car to be worth? Three or four hundred thousand? What about to repair it?

2. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    I think so too.

Look at the 288 GTOs that crashed and burnt and got rebuild for the pure value of them being so unique. Same thing will happen to each Enzo, that crashes. They will all get rebuilt.

And this one doesn't even look that bad. Front axle is still there. It will come back.

3. ferrari_kid

ferrari_kid Formula Junior

Jul 5, 2003
    i'm guessing that the damages weren't suffered from track events?

4. bluekawala

bluekawala Formula Junior

Jan 22, 2004
    Ormond Beach, FL
    I would have to agree with NNO. Though it is rather sad, and my jaw hit the floor when the pic loaded, I would prefer to see these cars used to their full. And no not everyone is Schumi... so hopefully it wasn't some idiot being himself. Any enthusiast I think would almost prefer to see it used, and maybe bent then repaired, then a garage queen jewel. JMO

Someone had better fix it though or, yes, it will be a sad waste of a magnificent machine!

5. stokpro

stokpro F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jun 25, 2003
    Himalayas
    damn that hurts my eyes. :(

6. goyal99

goyal99 Karting

Mar 5, 2002
    Upstate NY - USA
    Full Name:
    V K
    By looking at the photo of the wreck and without knowing the extent of the damage, it looks very much a rebuildable car...It seems that the front hit was NOT a direct head-on collison, but rather a front side swipe (by the way the right fender and hood are pushed sideways)....Maybe the hood can be repaired, instead of replaced....at the very least it would need the front bumper, the fenders and lights....air bags too....if the suspension was not touched and since the car sits so low to the ground, maybe the side-swipe hit was with an SUV ;) Then the damage would be much less, if no frame work is needed....

Definetely a good builder, albeit an expensive one at that...

VK

7. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Come on guys it is a brand new Ferrari. All the parts are available to fix it ... so it will probably be fixed.

In the end the faster they go the more will fall off the black stuff.

Now if it was an old Ferrari where parts are not easily available then it is a big deal ... but like NNO and others have said, it is designed to go fast and be crashed and be fixed and then go fast(er) again.

Far better than sitting in somebodies lounge and being wasted ... atleast the driver was probably hanging the tail out and driving the car as Enzo Ferrari would have intended!

Gee no wonder 90% of the population think Ferrari owners are posers, when we get upset about a BRAND new one getting crashed.

Do you guys get upset when MS crashes his F1 car too ... I don't (unless we are talking qualifying or racing) ... as long as nobody gets hurt it is what performance cars are all about.

This car has no history at all, so you are not cutting away panels that won Monaco in 1965, or something ... now that would be very different, and why historic important cars are worth so much money.

Pete

8. Bimmerista

Bimmerista Formula 3

Feb 7, 2004
    Carrollton, TX
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Insurance claimed $1.3M...I wonder if the owner's premium will go up (Notice the sarcasm if you haven't yet).