SC Mechanic Wanted | Page 2 | FerrariChat

SC Mechanic Wanted

Discussion in 'North & South Carolina' started by Juan-Manuel Fantango, Feb 1, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. f1flagger

f1flagger Karting

Oct 21, 2005
    Summerville, SC
    Karl, Didn't you have a race during the ALMS weekend at Charlotte a few years back? If it was you, I was working turn one...

2. Europeanroadandracing

Europeanroadandracing South Carolina
    Professional Ferrari Technician

Dec 19, 2003
    Isle of Palms, SC
    Full Name:
    Karl Troy
    Not to my knowledge.

Karl

3. 10boom

10boom Karting

Jan 5, 2005
    WA
    I abslolutely need to chime in on this one about Karl.......About 11 years ago I was a 19 year old full time car salesman (Japanese crap peddler) and part-time college student in Charleston. One day I had to drop off a car to a business that was in the same area as Karls shop was. I was cruising through the parking lot and all the sudden I see a black Lamborghini Countach and a red Ferrari Testarossa (that had a burnt out rear end and no engine) just sitting in the parking lot. To a 19 year old car nut I abruptly HAD to get a closer look at these beauties. I drooled over the two exotics for about 10 minutes until this guy comes out from the shop and starts chatting with me about the cars. He was humble and extremely genuine, and I know we chatted about cars for over an hour. He took me through his shop, let me look around, and answered all my retarded questions like "what's the fastest that you've ever driven a Porsche?" with pure car enthusiasm.

I made it a point to stop by and see Karl every time I was in the neighborhood (which seemed like alot) and Karl NEVER once acted like I was bothering him or keeping me from his work. He was always as nice as could be. While he never worked on my car personally, I know for a fact that he is an honest and stand up guy. He was cool enough to let me, some young dork of a car nut, get up close to some very cool cars. That always left an impression on me and I'll never forget it. I haven't seen Karl since I left Charleston in 1995, and he may not even remember me, but I'll always remember how nice of a guy he was to me. I do know for a fact, that when I move back to SC this summer, he'll be the only guy touching my cars when they need something. Thanks again Karl. I'll never forget your hospitality.
    -Don Myers

4. rated///M

rated///M Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    Charlotte, NC
    Full Name:
    Trevor Ely
    How was the experience with Mr. Dean?

5. Ferrariguy355

Ferrariguy355 Rookie

Dec 25, 2006
    Charleston
    Full Name:
    Scott Peterson
    German Auto Repair in summerville south carolina... Great, frendly, and honest people... just had the belts done on my f355...