Scammed for a lot of money. | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Scammed for a lot of money.

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by Fan512bbi, Feb 12, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Fan512bbi

Fan512bbi Two Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2004
    Wales-UK
    Full Name:
    Steve.
    Guys you have to have a look at the site i have linked here, basically it is where the scammers theirselves get scammed, have a look at the letter archives, it is hilarious but also shows what lengths these scum will go to in order to get your money.

http://www.419eater.com/index.htm

2. robert biscan

robert biscan F1 Veteran

Jan 17, 2003
    Nashville and Palm b
    Full Name:
    robert s biscan
    The hope of a new life for someone who is older and lonely is a powerful thing. The scamer played this old woman. Remember the green mile scene "He killed them with their love" in talking about the 2 girls murdered by wild bill.

3. BT

BT F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 21, 2005
    FL / GA
    Full Name:
    Bill Tracy
    I played the 419 eater on a scammer last year. I was looking to buy an RV and a scammer listed one for sale. He was at an army base but the RV was in Chicago. I strung him along, but could not get him to send me anything via FEDEX. If you can do that they may use a FEDEX / UPS account number. If they do, you can send something to someone else using that number , or post it here for everyone to send rocks around the world at the scammer's expense. I offered to meet the seller or his representative at the RV with cash in hand. He gave a bunch of excuses but eventually agreed. Then I did not go, but kept emailing him about what happened. He closed his email account. I was mad because most RV buyers would not be aware of the type of scam he was running. He sent me a sample contract via email that put a bug on my computer to redirect legitimate escrow sites to fake ones that he had set up to collect account numbers, so that he could steal using wire transfers. I sent the info to the state police and the FBI, but no follow up. I guess the potential to steal the elderly victims' life savings is not enough motivation for our FBI, etc... They are too busy wire tapping soccer moms...
    BT

4. rollsorferrari?

rollsorferrari? F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2006
    St. Louis
    Full Name:
    Scott
    i could definitely understand that, this guy needs a taste of his own medicine. i wonder if theres a way you could trace the number? find out where he really lives.

5. Fan512bbi

BANNED

Mar 25, 2004
    Wales-UK
    Full Name:
    Steve.
    Thats what is so sad, not only as Maureen lost a lot of money but also a dream life.
    I would have thought the authorities would clamp down on this sort of crime, the money could be going to fund terrorism?
    I would love to trace the number, the first four digits are 0023.

6. djui5

djui5 F1 Veteran

Aug 9, 2006
    Phoenix, Arizona
    +1

7. 8 SNAKE

8 SNAKE F1 Veteran

Jan 5, 2006
    Springfield, MO
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I can understand the desire to fire back by giving out the info, but you'll likely just hamper any potential investigation by the police. Although unlikely, the guy might still be using some of the email accounts or phone numbers that you've got. Best to let him keep using them so that the police might be able to track him down.

8. Fan512bbi

BANNED

Mar 25, 2004
    Wales-UK
    Full Name:
    Steve.
    You are 100% right mate, today i was present at Maureens request when the police visited, what they basically want Maureen to do is act as though everything is ok, this man is still requesting the 50.000 british pounds from Maureen, so for now Maureen must pretend that the money will be transfered but to delay this man as much as she can, it gets me that this man is pretending to be a U.S officer in Iraq, the Americans are doing a great job there and for this man to prey on that is an insult to all U.S soldiers everywhere, i can tell you this, when this case is over the e-mail and phone numbers will be presented here by me so we can give this man some grief.

9. 8 SNAKE

8 SNAKE F1 Veteran

Jan 5, 2006
    Springfield, MO
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Hopefully he'll be checking his email from a prison cell...

10. Fan512bbi

BANNED

Mar 25, 2004
    Wales-UK
    Full Name:
    Steve.
    I truly hope so mate.

11. DrStranglove

DrStranglove FChat Assassin
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Google Maps
    Full Name:
    DrS
    The real problem is that these crimes cross nation states and are very hard to track. Once the money hits the account it is withdrawn in cash and the account abandoned. Also they are non-violent crimes so they do not get a bunch of press.

As to this case at hand one thing to look at is the information the perp was sending the poor lady was no were even close to accurate. Even a member of the British military would have laughed at it.

According to the perp, he was:

An Army Leutinet but some how over 60.
    Had time to come see her but had to pay for his own flight via Ghana no less.
    Had to come up with 10k Pounds to get his own stuff.
    Was dealing in pounds and euros in the first place.
    His stuff was stored in Africa????

The whole thing smelled but to an older lady looking for love, I am sure she missed out on all of it. It has been happening here too; see this....

Personally I would remove the computer from her home. If she wants to email, she can come to see you to do it. Almost 9 out of 10 of these that I have seen the girl out of shear anger will email the perp and cuss them out, which of course is the message to him to bug out and ruins most ways to even try to track him. At the very least, after a few months of letting the cops do nothing, I would start to sick the 419 club after him. at the least you may get some fun pictures of the guy!

12. gblogger

gblogger Formula 3

May 2, 2004
    N.E. Florida
    Full Name:
    Gee Blogger
    I talked to a local SS agent. Fan512bbi, call the UK office 011-44-20-7894 0846. Even though they don't have jurisdiction over non-US citizens, they will provide info you need.

13. ErikV10

ErikV10 Formula 3

Oct 30, 2006
    That was after a person who we have known for a while and was treated like a part of the family stole all my parents jewelries and the cash that was with it.

14. Fan512bbi

BANNED

Mar 25, 2004
    Wales-UK
    Full Name:
    Steve.
    Funnily mate i was thinking of joining the 419 eaters and see what they can do, and also Maureen has photos of this man in uniform obviously not his?
    Thank you very much mate, i will get Maureen to call them today, or i will call on her behalf.
    Mate i feel for you, that in a way must be worse, someone you trust doing this :( may as well stick a knife in your back.

15. Tarek K.

Tarek K. F1 World Champ

Sep 7, 2006
    Cairo - Egypt
    Full Name:
    Tarek K.
    Extremely sad, but unfortunately the world is full of conmen.

16. rollsorferrari?

rollsorferrari? F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2006
    St. Louis
    Full Name:
    Scott
    +1, and it seems like i hear a new story like this every week, and yet, it seems like law enforcement does very little to curb these crimes.

17. LetsJet

LetsJet F1 Veteran
    Owner

May 24, 2004
    DC/LA/Paris/Haleiwa
    Full Name:
    Mr.
    Does he know you are on to him? Can she help authorities by stringing him along? Maybe someone can contact him pretending to be her with the lure of sending him more money. Sad story that probably should be published by the equivalent of AARP in the US. AARP, is an association of people over 55.

Good luck

18. DrStranglove

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Google Maps
    Full Name:
    DrS
    I highly doubt it. Did they look like the ones in the article I sent you? Have them sent to me and I will look and let you know. I will pm my email.

19. DrStranglove

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Google Maps
    Full Name:
    DrS
    We have been talking about it. I have not heard about it from the mainstream media though.

http://www.marinecorpstimes.com/news/2008/01/marine_dating_con_080118/

20. Fan512bbi

BANNED

Mar 25, 2004
    Wales-UK
    Full Name:
    Steve.
    This man does not know we are onto him yet, he is expecting another 50,000 British pounds by saturday the 16th february, the police advised Maureen to act as normal as possible and string him along with delays for as long as possible.
    I will get them to you tomorrow, thanks mate.

21. Fan512bbi

BANNED

Mar 25, 2004
    Wales-UK
    Full Name:
    Steve.
    He had the cheek to send her a valentines text today :(

22. Ike

Ike F1 Rookie

Nov 4, 2003
    If he is sending text messages than she should have the number of the phone it came from. Maybe the police can get the phone company to give them a location that the phone is being used in.

23. Fan512bbi

BANNED

Mar 25, 2004
    Wales-UK
    Full Name:
    Steve.
    We do have the number mate and so do the police, the temptation to give it to you guys is killing me but i must wait until the police have finished their investigations, i also have four e-mail addys that he as used.

24. JSinNOLA

JSinNOLA F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Steve

You guys are definitely on top of things and I guess all we can do it hope that the authorities do this right. But if not...release the hounds!

25. LetsJet

LetsJet F1 Veteran
    Owner

May 24, 2004
    DC/LA/Paris/Haleiwa
    Full Name:
    Mr.
    Do not give out any info here that might lead him to believe he is being setup. It's great that he sent the Vday text. Seems he is not on to you......

Good luck and keep us posted if / when you get him.