Schedoni lesson of the day | Page 17 | FerrariChat

Schedoni lesson of the day

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Albert-LP, Nov 13, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto Mantovani
    hi John, congrats for your nice 308 set!

Is the English edition not available at Maranellocollection?

Maybe you can try here, at the Editor shop: https://www.artestampaedizioni.it/prodotto/ferrari-by-schedoni-a-long-ride-on-the-prancing-horse/

Schedoni suitcases usually don't require anything, only to remove the dust with a microfiber towel every now and then.

When I give anything on them it's some Letherique Rejuvenator + Prestine Clean or any common leather care product (Ma-Fra and so on). But this happens only when I buy a new set that requires to be cleaned.

ciao

2. JC1720

JC1720 Karting

Jan 21, 2016
    UK
    Thanks Alberto,

I'll leave my cases alone then, and try the other site to check availability (Maranello Collection list the book but say out of stock).

Ciao
    John

3. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto Mantovani
    a legendary Italian family in the late eighties: Simone, Giuseppe and Mauro, from left to right.

They started as shoemakers in 1880, 141 years ago, with Celso. Then Giuseppe, then Mauro and now Simone.

Featuring Testarossa, 288 GTO and F40 sets

© Schedoni family (picture courtesy of the beloved Mauro)

Image Unavailable, Please Login

4. 19633500GT

19633500GT F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 9, 2010
    Blueberry
    Full Name:
    Muffin-Tops
    +1 on Leatherique being a good process to clean and condition Schedoni sets. I use it in a warm place (usually near the furnace) and allow the rejuvenator to sit after soaking in. Then a microfiber with conditioner to finish them up.

Albert-LP likes this.
  5. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto Mantovani
  6. Ferrarimondial348

Ferrarimondial348 Formula Junior

Nov 29, 2012
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Full Name:
    Stephen
    Albert-LP likes this.
  7. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto Mantovani
    Tuesday, October 05, 2021: Alessio, Simone Schedoni nephew, is embossing the first Ferrari by Schedoni special edition leather cover.

The girl is Silvia Parmeggiani, Mr. Simone secretary. The man with the white Screamin' Eagle shirt is me.

Picture ©: Diego Poluzzi and Artestampa Edizioni, with Schedoni permission.

ciao

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Rosey, Caeruleus11, Buchpilot and 3 others like this.
  8. Ferrarimondial348

Ferrarimondial348 Formula Junior

Nov 29, 2012
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Full Name:
    Stephen
    Alberto,
    Thanks for sharing these wonderful images of the books in production. I am excited to receive my copy.

Ciao
    Stephen

mathewr, Albert-LP and Buchpilot like this.
  9. tfazio

tfazio Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 20, 2004
    Michigan
    Alberto where do you recommend individuals in the US purchase your book from? Amazon?

10. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto Mantovani
    You can buy the standard softcover and standard paper edition (the one pictured in my avatar) where you want: Amazon is ok. Or here, at the editor shop: Alberto Mantovani - Edizioni Artestampa (artestampaedizioni.it)

If you are talking about the special limited and numbered edition with Schedoni leather hardcover, printed on special patinated paper and with Schedoni leather box, then you have to buy it only at the Editor shop, Artestampa from Modena, Italy: they speak English and ship worldwide. To book a copy, you have to send an e-mail to: [email protected] or to [email protected]

ciao

11. Buchpilot

Buchpilot Formula Junior

Sep 3, 2021
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Sven
    This is art in the making - and a fantastic feeling that in short time, I will be owner of one of these gorgeously smelling books.

Albert-LP likes this.
  12. Buchpilot

Buchpilot Formula Junior

Sep 3, 2021
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Sven
    Alberto, may I allowed to use these fantastic pictures (with credits, of course) at my Instagram account (@Buchpilot) to tell the story of the making of what is to become an outstanding book?

Albert-LP likes this.
  13. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto Mantovani
    Yes, you can, of course.

Ciao

14. Buchpilot

Buchpilot Formula Junior

Sep 3, 2021
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Sven
    Great , thank you!

15. 19633500GT

Rossa Subscribed

Nov 9, 2010
    Blueberry
    Full Name:
    Muffin-Tops
    @Albert-LP Your eye would be helpful on these. https://bringatrailer.com/listing/luggage-18/

I don't know the seller or have any vested interest in this sale or otherwise, but I looked very closely at some of the stitching, '550 Maranello' imprint (the 550 and M, should not be touching, but contain a small space between the text?), and inside lining (the piping should be Bordeaux inside, not different?) and I'm having a hard time deducing it's authenticity. I'm leaving the black vs red colored zippers out of my assessment at the moment, but would be keen to know your thoughts.

16. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto Mantovani
    It's a 550 set in red, but it's missing one piece. What I can add is that I own the missing piece (the set is six pieces) and in the same red as the set color.

Ciao

17. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto Mantovani
    I want to share again this picture: it shows Alessio, mr. Schedoni nephew, giving into my hands the first official embossed leather cover.

Let me say that for a Ferrari and Schedoni enthusiast like I am, it's an unbelivable honor, after two years of work.

I'm really very proud to see my book printed by such a worldwide famous atelier: it's something that touches you.

I only wanted to share the happiness of this moment with the many friends I found here on Fchat during the last eleven years.

Thanks to Diego Poluzzi for taking this picture, and thank you all.

Ciao

Image Unavailable, Please Login

18. 430tdf

430tdf Formula Junior

Aug 7, 2008
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Brett
    Congratulations Albert, I can't wait to get my copy!
    I was hoping to see them making them last month when Mr. S. Schedoni gave us a wonderful tour of the factory. His obvious pride in the history of the company and the product they produce was a joy to experience! Then to cap it all off he showed us his balsamic and very graciously offered us a taste!!!!!

Nospinzone, Albert-LP and 19633500GT like this.
  19. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    Just a heads up, but those emails don't work. I found Roberta's on the website directly. She was quick to reply. [email protected]
    I got it from this website page: https://www.artestampaedizioni.it/contatti/

20. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto Mantovani
    Thank you: will you be in Padova at the book official introduction?

ciao

21. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto Mantovani

Here you are the missing suitcase: it's the vanity case. Pictures taken this morning.

Ciao

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

22. 19633500GT

Rossa Subscribed

Nov 9, 2010
    Blueberry
    Full Name:
    Muffin-Tops
    beautiful. I knew as well, having sold the last set on BaT, what was missing but man oh man it’s pretty :)

I was interested in a more detailed response though about the zippers etc. This “set” looks like two different sets combined (one with “550” branding, the other without).

23. FerrfanFL

FerrfanFL Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 8, 2021
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Ara
  24. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy