School Project - Motorsports Resort Market Study | FerrariChat

School Project - Motorsports Resort Market Study

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by LostInStudies, Apr 1, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. LostInStudies

LostInStudies Rookie

Mar 31, 2010
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Matt
    *First, let me start by saying that this is not a solicitation for anything more than anonymous information for my school project.* I am a college student (and certifiable automotive fan) at Regis University in Denver, CO. My Capstone (senior) project involves market research based upon local/regional interest in a motorsports resort (think Ascari Race Resort www.ascari.net or Motor Sport Country Club http://motorsportcc.com/) in the Denver Metro area. I do realize that there is a consortium in place building just such a facility, but did not discover this until school had already approved this project. Also, part of the project is to gather/analyze the data myself so while their data could help me as a secondary resource, if they are willing to share, I still need to do my own research. My survey is web-based and contains 11 questions, designed to gather anonymous data about potential users and their interest level in a motorsports resort near the Denver, Colorado metro area. All information gathered is purely for research purposes and is completely anonymous. No information will be shared or distributed to any vendors or solicitors. Also, if you can think of other groups/communities I should contact, please let me know.

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/RMMR

Thank you

2. kerrari

kerrari Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 22, 2004
    Coolum Beach AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    Karen H.
    Matt, I'm not in the US so I can't contribute to your survey, but one thing I'd flag to you... as a kid, I got totally hooked by cars at a small museum in Australia which was unique (as far as I know, and I've been to most of the big auto museums in the world) in that they DROVE the cars out into a display area as they talked about them and the sound of some of those engines is what turned me into a tifoso.
    If your project is looking for a hook, think about this...
    Cheers, K

3. WILLIAM H

WILLIAM H Three Time F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    #3 WILLIAM H, Apr 2, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2010
    Welcome to Fchat, sounds like an excellent choice for your capstone project.

In this economy the Motorsports resorts that are already built seem to be doing ok but those that were about to or under construction have lost their financing like Palm Beach International Raceway or the track at Reno

Try contacting a few tracks like Lime Rock, I'm sure they'd be glad to help

Hopefully once this recession passes the resorts will do better but I wouldn't expect that to happen till 2014 or so

I met a guy at Homestead who is almost finished building an auto racing themed clubhouse near the track. He told me that these days the resorts are having serious financing issues but since he is building an entertainment facility themed w racing he is having an easier path to follow