Schumacher September 15 Netflix | Page 4 | FerrariChat

Schumacher September 15 Netflix

Discussion in 'F1' started by E60 M5, Aug 25, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. kylec

kylec F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 9, 2005
    Orlando
    Makes me want to light up!

Anthony_Ferrari likes this.
  2. Drive550PFB

Drive550PFB Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

I know Mika. He is a genuinely nice guy.

With Coulthard, Schuey should have run wider, and did not need to slingshot in the rain. Schuey hit him in the back.

Senna was ruthless and you are right on this.

The family interviews were tough. The family is handling it with grace.

Remy Zero and NürScud like this.
  3. kylec

kylec F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 9, 2005
    Orlando
    100%

4. freshmeat

freshmeat F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2011
    I noticed Scud/16M prices went up a touch after the release of the documentary…coincidence?

5. sp1der

sp1der F1 Rookie

Jan 10, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Simon Ashley
    Coulthard lifted, that was after causing one of the biggest F1 crashes in history on the same day

tonyswfla likes this.
  6. cmos

cmos Formula Junior

Sep 13, 2004
    USA
    Full Name:
    Johny English
    Just watched it. As much as the F1 fan base misses him and wants to know more, I have to respect his family and what they have and are going through. We were robbed of a race car driver. They were robbed of a son, a husband, a brother, a dad. We watched his career and enjoyed it. And as much as he could be a family man during his career, his family has been robbed of so much of their shared life with him due to a tragic accident. I can only believe Mick would be a much better driver if his dad was alongside him mentoring him.
    As has already been said, Michael has a great family - and a great network of lifelong friends. I hope he can still understand that, whatever level he is at today.
    Goes to show you never know what's waiting for you around the corner. As Corina said, this situation is not unique to them. A true dose of reality.
    I consider myself fortunate to have had the opportunity to watch him race many times, and to have met him once, albeit briefly during the first race at Indy.
    Respect to his family.

Thomas S. likes this.
  7. schumacherf2006

schumacherf2006 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 22, 2010
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Watched it. It was not what I was expecting. I was very underwhelmed.
    And that’s okay. Glad it’s available for people to know who he was and his career. I wish it showed more of the Ferrari domination.

8. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    saw it, thought it was sort of 'meh.'

chris marsh and mcimino like this.
  9. Adrian Thompson

Adrian Thompson Formula Junior

Apr 28, 2004
    Beverly Hills, Mi
    Full Name:
    Adrian Thompson
    Been sick so just had a chance to catch up on Schumacher the other day.

It was actually better than I thought. It did a great job of showing what a wonderful human being he is (was?), but as feared it really went light on the negatives of his on track behavior that prevent him from ever being considered a true great by many, myself included. Even the Senna pic, which was heavily vetted by Senna's family, gave a little more fair sided coverage of some of his on track negatives. Other than Hill 94, and even then forgot he was driving an illegal car, and Villaneauve 97, but left out all the other disgraceful and dangerous things he did.

I'm glad it exists so those who missed his era can catch up. I just wish it was more well rounded in it's portrayal, but to the victor goes the spoils, so his family can continue the narrative they've chosen.

Great human outside the car.
    One of the best raw driving talents ever inside the car.
    Very sub par 'Racing driver' for who statistics and worship try hard to ignore his dirty dangerous tricks and lack of sportsmanship.

10. itschris

itschris Formula 3

Sep 15, 2011
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Chris
    I thought it was okay... not what I expected. I understand the privacy issue, but I don't see why the family can't at least let his millions of loyal fans know his condition. We don't need pictures or details... just what is his state. Is he able to speak.. at all? Is he is completely in a vegetative state? I guess it's their right for sure, but it would be nice to let people know how he really is rather than this secrecy.

11. Baracus250GT

Baracus250GT Karting

Sep 14, 2004
    UK
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Yea, but I think… reading between the lines… you don’t want to know

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

12. Anthony_Ferrari

Anthony_Ferrari Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    Sheffield, UK
    Full Name:
    Anthony Currie
    I find with documentaries that I really enjoy them when I don't know a lot about the subject. I watched a great one about the band Lynyrd Skynyrd recently. I like their music, but didn't know a great deal about their story. With the Schumacher doc - much like Drive To Survive I, and probably many of you, knew the story so well that the bits that were missed really stood out. I guess there are Skynyrd fans on forums complaining about their documentary!
    I watched it with my wife, who is definitely not an F1 fan. She loved it and came away feeling that Michael was a pretty special guy and I think she had more of an understanding of why I am a fan. Job done I'd say!

Baracus250GT likes this.
  13. Juan-Manuel Fantango

Juan-Manuel Fantango F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 18, 2004
    Full Name:
    Juan
    I think these are made with male and female audiences in mind, with emphasis on family. We are all human, and desire that human touch. Our accomplishments and things are nothing without family and love.

Anthony_Ferrari likes this.
  14. 635CSI

635CSI F1 Rookie

Jun 26, 2013
    London UK
    Full Name:
    Graham
    A Marlboro red ?

kylec likes this.
  15. Flavio_C

Flavio_C Formula 3
    BANNED

Sep 7, 2012
    Insubria
    Overall I liked it, but one important point is distorted, in my humble opinion. They portraided it as if Schumacher was more talented and thus threatening Senna, which ultimately caused Senna to overdrive the car and fatally crash. First of all, the Benetton B194 had an illegal traction control that gave an important boost over the Williams. Second, after Williams solved the nervousness of the chassis, even Damon Hill who didn't have 1/10 of Senna's talent, was able to catch up in the championship and just lost for one point after that fatitical clash in Adelaide. Had Senna not died, 1994 would be a walk in the park for him and probably in the years after.

Apart from that, I didn't understand why they interviewed David Coulthard and Mark Webber but not Barrichello and Massa. The first was there at all the Ferrari titles and the latter was practically mentored by Schumacher.