Schumacher's neck ***SPOILER*** | Page 4 | FerrariChat

Schumacher's neck ***SPOILER***

Discussion in 'F1' started by tifosi12, Mar 13, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    No worries.

I won't have a fit if MS wins an occasional race. As long as he doesn't bag another title. And looking at how things are going that chance just got slimmer yesterday.

2. kraftwerk

kraftwerk Two Time F1 World Champ

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    What do think John, had he been in the red car would he have won it.? or is that a stupid question.

3. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Think about it this way: Do you really rate Rosberg higher than Massa or Alonso?

See, that wasn't so hard.

4. barbazza

barbazza Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 10, 2006
    Orange County, CA
    Full Name:
    John
    Even Andreas could have won it in the red car ;)

5. barbazza

barbazza Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 10, 2006
    Orange County, CA
    Full Name:
    John
    Careful with the comparisons. One race doesn't make a season. You may end up with a plate full of crow and no beer to help wash it down... :D

6. kraftwerk

kraftwerk Two Time F1 World Champ

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    #81 kraftwerk, Mar 15, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2010
    I no I no :) this is why I raised it, it does beg the question 1st stop is beating your team mate.

+the fact your ahead of me in Jacks pool now arghhhhhhh

7. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    #82 tifosi12, Mar 15, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2010
    No way.

I'm not half as fast as Schumacher, but I'm nowhere near any of those times either.

Got no crow from USF1, so I'm a bit hungry. Won plenty of beer already thanks to the Shue and his armada of Rottkaeppchen.

8. NeuroBeaker

NeuroBeaker Advising Moderator

Oct 1, 2008
    Huntsville, AL., USA
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    He signed on for three seasons... I'd advise you to work on your self-calming techniques. ;)

9. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Time is working against him. He only gets older and Brawn's influence within Mercedes diminishes further.

Besides: Do you really think he'll see the end of his contract if he won't be able to podium on a regular basis?

10. NeuroBeaker

Oct 1, 2008
    Huntsville, AL., USA
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    This season, he needs to get back into it. Next season, he'll be starting off already up to speed and heavily involved in the car's development due to feedback from this season.

I think he will be on the podium regularly, if not this year then next year certainly. :)

11. VIZSLA

VIZSLA Four Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jan 11, 2008
    Sarasota
    Full Name:
    David
    At his age things get tougher every year not easier.
    As you'll learn Andrew. ;)

12. aquapuss

aquapuss Formula 3

Sep 18, 2005
    It is my understanding that despite Nico's much publicized (at the time) declaration of independence from Keke, the old man is now much more involved with Nico's career behind the scenes. Publicly Keke has said that Nico has to deal with Schumi with his "right foot" but Keke is well connected at Merc and in good terms with folks like Haug and Zetsche.

13. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    I'm starting to like Keke more and more.

14. Alexweav79

Alexweav79 Formula Junior

Jan 10, 2009
    Owensville, MO
    Full Name:
    Alex Weaver
    Brawn, like Michael, knew how important it was for him to get a decent finish. And yes, 6th, after 3 three years off and coming into an entirely different formula 1, is pretty awesome. They both see the whole season, not one race, and they WILL get better. And Michael will get better.

Brawn knows he doesn't 'need' to win the next race, just get better, same with the next race, and on and on...

If he would have pushed the limits yesterday and spun or crashed someone, he would have been killed by the media, having people second guess his comeback, etc., and he knew that. I guarantee he did exactly what he wanted to to do.

He and Brawn also know how important the team is. Leave the stupid, hot venue with two cars in the points(with two new drivers who weren't in the team last year) is perfect. The team is feeling good, and Nico beating Michael lifted his spirits. Everyone wins.

And yes, it was just one race, still 18 to go...there is a reason why Brawn and Michael have won 7 championships together...

15. NeuroBeaker

Oct 1, 2008
    Huntsville, AL., USA
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    I guess I'll have to wait 14 years find out. :D

16. subirg

subirg F1 Rookie

Dec 19, 2003
    Cheshire
    If anyone thinks Keke is going to play in key role in bringing about some kind of Merc preference for Nico, they are surely smoking or snorting some very powerful stuff. MS has more brand value and sponsorship potential than anyone else on the grid - so the only way Nico is going to get preferred is if he comprehensively trounces MS on track this season.

17. LightGuy

LightGuy Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 4, 2004
    Texas
    Full Name:
    David
    #92 LightGuy, Mar 16, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2010
    Absolutely.
    The one thing missing in the comments in this thread is that; Perhaps Nico REALLY IS GOOD.
    Which I have been saying, mostly to myself, all these years.
    Most dismiss him because of the Damon Hill, JV, Piquet Jr, etc measuring sticks.
    And those guys were good. OK except PJ.
    Is Nico a Fernando or MS ?
    Probably not as most aren't but this season will be sure to tell.
    If Nico and MS work together as each has lots to gain from each other they will both benefit.
    Somehow, unless Ross grabs them by the scruff of their necks, their competitiveness is not conducive to that IMO.

18. Ney

Ney F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 20, 2004
    I believe you and others on this board would have rated Rosberg higher than Massa not very long ago. Is this a change of heart? :D

19. SRT Mike

SRT Mike Two Time F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    Taxachusetts
    Full Name:
    Raymond Luxury Yacht
    I'd put Rosbergy way higher than Massa, you wouldn't?

I remember when he started out in the Williams (IIRC?) and he had some flashes of brilliance, but that car was a pig, and he maybe settled in for mediocrity or he was making the car look way better than it was...

I think his true speed will be shown this year. I don't think he's a Hamilton or an Alonso, but I think he's at least a Kubica/Button.

20. subirg

subirg F1 Rookie

Dec 19, 2003
    Cheshire
    +1

... and having the challenge of having to beat MS is surely going to help him improve. Personally, I think he has the potential to be WDC one day - but let's face it, if Button can be a WDC, that's not saying much.

21. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Actually no change of heart, I do rate Rosberg higher than Massa. But my statement was meant for a wider audience on here, which most likely rates Massa higher than Nico.

22. VIZSLA

Owner

Jan 11, 2008
    Sarasota
    Full Name:
    David
    I find it hard to rate Nico vs. Massa in that he hasn't had a front line team ride until this year.

23. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    It's surprisingly easy when your opinion of Massa is low to begin with. :)

24. VIZSLA

Owner

Jan 11, 2008
    Sarasota
    Full Name:
    David
    Ah.

My wife thinks Nico's cute too.

25. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner