Scotch80s, Pony streets, McNeil, Alta Dr | FerrariChat

Scotch80s, Pony streets, McNeil, Alta Dr

Discussion in 'Las Vegas' started by TestShoot, Jan 9, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. TestShoot

TestShoot F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 1, 2003
    Beverly Hills
    The more time I spend in Summerlin looking at cookie-cutter boxes, the more I find myself back in this "Downtown" area. A place I can walk my dog, know my neighbors.

Anything I should know about this 'hood?

2. Doug.

Doug. F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 16, 2004
    Las Vegas, NV
    You feel comfortable walking your dog and talking to your neighbors downtown? Perhaps you should be a bit more specific about where exactly you mean, lol.

And cookie-cutter houses in masterplanned communities are what Vegas is built on, but there is also plenty of selection (and build-ability) of some of the finest homes in the country.

3. TestShoot

TestShoot F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 1, 2003
    Beverly Hills
    I was looking for greenery and this area is tucked under the 95, west of the 15 and they are still calling it "Downtown" which is confusing mental gymnastics. The rest of what I am seeing dollar-for-dollar is pretty bad in new builds. Now with two bigger clients here, I have to plant my flag.

4. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    Hip, lots of young professionals moving back and prices jumping higher. My office is here, Charleston and Campbell. This area has enjoyed urban renewal for the past 10 years and they've started construction on a bunch of lots that have sat empty until now.

Lots of vagrants lately. Not a "dangerous" area for things like rape/murder, but petty crime, homeless encampment and dumping is getting annoying.

You might be want to be down here more if you're single w/o kids but I also love the areas built in the late 80's/early 90s along Ft. Apache such as Peccole Ranch (where I live), The Lakes, etc. Big lots, the most convenient suburban living imaginable and mature trees and vegetation. I get queasy in the new neighborhoods where they have no trees and it's just a sea of 3ft-apart boxes.

TestShoot likes this.
  5. TestShoot

TestShoot F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 1, 2003
    Beverly Hills
    I like the walkability of Peccole. The mature trees, and vegetation is a draw to me, the gravel and broken glass aesthetic of the new builds not so much.
    Crime is a mere afterthought with the nightly body count on the roads. I don't remember it being this bad.

Doug. likes this.
  6. Doug.

Doug. F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 16, 2004
    Las Vegas, NV
    Peccole Ranch is a great community. My wife lived across from it when we were growing up, in Queensridge. We both grew up in Summerlin but noticed as we got older everyone seemed to migrate out for some reason. I still love it there, her not so much. We were in contract to buy a house a few years ago in Skye Canyon but the multiple HOA fees and disorganization of the builders turned me off. We ended up buying just south of there in a community built in 2004 in Centennial Hills.

There have been a lot of vehicle fatalities already this year. Last year there was 321~ fatalities on the road. I don't know what the deal is with that. Just the other night I read that a guy smashed into a van full of 7 family members, all of them died including an infant.

TestShoot and ryalex like this.
  7. ForzaLaVida

ForzaLaVida Karting

Sep 30, 2020
    Deltona Fl
    Full Name:
    Tom Dodd
    John Peccole was my shooting partner in the mid 2k's, that development is excellent, my alt location is next to Spanish trails, another superb location.

ryalex likes this.