Scotland Owners | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Scotland Owners

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by 430guy, Jan 18, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. matkat

matkat Formula 3

Mar 18, 2003
    Scotland
    Full Name:
    Dave McGuire
    Col is the reg PS *if it is him lovely car got a wave from him in dock street in the summer.

2. srvben

srvben Rookie

Dec 15, 2006
    Edinburgh, Scotland
    Full Name:
    Ben
    Another luker breaking cover.

I'm Ben, 27 and in Edinburgh, not a Ferrari owner and a long way off one yet! I am however a very enthusiastic....er, enthusiast.

Current cars are a '80 Triumph TR7 Sprint (conversion), and a Fiat Stilo Abarth for day to day, though that may get replaced sometime soon. Oh, and a Ford Ka for the missus. And a Yammy Dragstar if any of you lean towards two wheels.

I'm guessing some of you may have bought your F-cars from Glenvarigil in Colinton Village (now Graypauls at Fort Kinnaird) in Edinburgh - that's where I spent many an hour as a youngerster, steaming up the glass with my nose pressed to the window!

Cheers,

Ben

3. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie

Minor contextual thread hijack to say I think there were 100 worldwide most of which were Spiders - which probably means there are about a dozen tops in the UK

4. Andy 308GTB

Andy 308GTB F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa

Jun 2, 2004
    Essex, UK
    Full Name:
    Andy M
    If any more Scottish lurkers appear we may have to rename this forum 'JockChat'.
    Welcome to you all :D

5. Bronco Jr

Bronco Jr Guest

#30 Bronco Jr, Jan 25, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  6. dream355r

dream355r Rookie

Jan 24, 2007
    scotland
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Not deliberately 'ijacking "Scottish Lurkers??" thread just interested in the allegedly 4 Fiorano 355s mentioned in thread ;http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23414

did not realise that Fioranos were all spiders ...(Note to self read up more, do not just look at the pictures !!)

cheers
    Kevin

7. mattymouse33

mattymouse33 F1 Rookie

Oct 25, 2004
    We'll set aboot ye!
    Full Name:
    Matthew
    Time for a chat with specsavers i think, oops!

8. extreme_detail

Nov 23, 2006
    scotland
    Full Name:
    mike fraser
    thats nice to see it in silver

9. matkat

matkat Formula 3

Mar 18, 2003
    Scotland
    Full Name:
    Dave McGuire
    Ben I did indeed buy mine from Glenvarigil.

10. renmure

renmure Karting

Dec 13, 2006
    Scotland
    Full Name:
    Jim
    Hi Ben, when I was a stoodent in Edinburgh I used to regularly go up to Colinton Village and drool in the window too. I think I plucked up the courage to go in the showroom once out of about 50 visits :)

Jim

11. paulsantoni

paulsantoni Rookie

Jan 30, 2007
    Glasgow; Scotland UK
    Full Name:
    paul santoni
    Recently bought a 308GT4 in england and now have it living up here in glasgow with me!
    Understand there are quite a few in greater Glasgow area!
    new to forum and if there are any meetings being organised would be glad to hear of them
    Paul

12. mattymouse33

mattymouse33 F1 Rookie

Oct 25, 2004
    We'll set aboot ye!
    Full Name:
    Matthew

Hi Paul,

Hows things?

Not an F-car owner but an enthusiast, more of Lambos if anything (dare i say it).

Whats the GT4 like then, what colour?

Have not seen it about but i'm just there at weekends. I drive a crazy purple american thing so if you see me, give me a wave!

Regards,

Matthew

13. CUE99T

CUE99T Formula Junior

Feb 28, 2004
    Scotland
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Hi Paul, great to see the Scottish owners come out and post.

I'm in Glasgow and friends with matty, so maybe we'll see you sometime?

Matkat - Dave, is ther not a Italian thing on this year?

Paul

14. mattymouse33

mattymouse33 F1 Rookie

Oct 25, 2004
    We'll set aboot ye!
    Full Name:
    Matthew
    edited

15. matkat

matkat Formula 3

Mar 18, 2003
    Scotland
    Full Name:
    Dave McGuire
    Paul I would have thought so however I might not be supporting it this year reason is I will not pay so that people can look at my car, its a matter of principle to me and of course if anyone else has no problem being charged by the alfa club scotland to bring and show their cars to the obvious benefit of the car club previously mentioned then of course thats up to them. I received and e-mail after the last event (when I refused to pay) saying they would look into the payment thing but as yet have had no further response as our cars are for sure the stars of the show I have pointed out how much weaker the show would be without us and perhaps they have seen sense and if they agree we do not pay I will again promote the show and if not I will not be going back.

16. Modena Scotland

Modena Scotland Karting

Mar 2, 2005
    Scotland, UK
    Full Name:
    Mass
    Hi Guys

I live in the borders. I haven't posted for a while.

My current cars are:

V12 Jag E type convertible
    SLK350
    X5
    Westfield XTR2
    360 Modena (Grigio Alloy)

Also a Honda fireblade

I was banned for 12 months in 2006 so could't drive the 360 for a while. Had bought the XTR2 for tracking. I've only done 1 trackday at KH (Lambo night) this year, but I plan to track the 360 more this year.

Mass

17. mattymouse33

mattymouse33 F1 Rookie

Oct 25, 2004
    We'll set aboot ye!
    Full Name:
    Matthew
    Hey Mass, hows things?

Good to hear from you and look forward to meeting at one of the nights/meets.

Regards,

Matthew

18. Modena Scotland

Modena Scotland Karting

Mar 2, 2005
    Scotland, UK
    Full Name:
    Mass

Are you the same Matthew who got in my car for a few laps at KH on the night?

Mass

19. Bronco Jr

Bronco Jr Guest

Mass,

how do you find the XTR2?

I run an old SEI and have been chin scratching about updating to something a bit more special for the track. Though XTR2's are well oput of my budget would love to hear your thoughts, couple of pic would be noce too...

20. CUE99T

CUE99T Formula Junior

Feb 28, 2004
    Scotland
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Hi Mass, how you doing, good to meet you on the KH night!! You need to get quicker I think....haha, only kidding pal.

Was looking for you afterwards kept missing ya, it was too short a night!!

We go for a beer sometimes at the hotel on the main road at the bottom of the road as you leave knockhill, me and a few others went lasdt time, maybe you could join us next time......you coming upto the next Hot Marques night at KH, it's pretty good!!

Paul
    (Murci)

21. Modena Scotland

Modena Scotland Karting

Mar 2, 2005
    Scotland, UK
    Full Name:
    Mass
    #46 Modena Scotland, Jul 6, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    The XTR needs some set up work before it it 100% (suspension, engine and seat position etc). When fixed up propertly, I reckon it should be quick. I plan to do some work on the car during the summer.

Paul, sorry I kept on missing you. I will try to be there for the next Hot Marques if the weather is ok. I may take the 360, SLK or may be the XTR. I remember seeing you having a moment coming out the hairpin just in front of me. I suppose you have the traction control off.... See you soon.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

22. CUE99T

CUE99T Formula Junior

Feb 28, 2004
    Scotland
    Full Name:
    Paul
    So what the hell is an XTR2 ? Never seen that before? Looks good for track days!!

Yes track off alot now, getting braver by the lap!! :D:D:D

23. Modena Scotland

Modena Scotland Karting

Mar 2, 2005
    Scotland, UK
    Full Name:
    Mass
    Paul

It's a Hayabusa 1300 bike engined 500 kg road legal car by Westfield very similar in concept to Radical & Palmer JP1 etc. 0-60 in 3.5 secs.

Next time I get it out at KH, I could give you a ride.

Mass

24. renmure

renmure Karting

Dec 13, 2006
    Scotland
    Full Name:
    Jim
    Think I will hunt you down for some pax laps as well next time I see you at KH.

I recently sold my Megablade and was reasonably interested in an XTR2 before getting it but I got a bit fed up of the compromises of the Megablade and guess the XTR would be even more compromised. Do you drive it on the roads often?

Jim

25. Modena Scotland

Modena Scotland Karting

Mar 2, 2005
    Scotland, UK
    Full Name:
    Mass
    Sure thing.

I only drove on the road once on the way from Galashiels to KH (about 50 miles). The car is kept in a garage at KH and the MOT & Tax have run out a while ago. After setting the car up properly, I intend to drive it on the road on sunny days. The car has a really pathetic electric reverse so it can only go forward!

Mass