Scott Storch finally going broke? | Page 10 | FerrariChat

Scott Storch finally going broke?

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by MurcieMurcie, Jan 6, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. REMIX

REMIX Two Time F1 World Champ

No, but this guy is f'n brilliant.

What he's doing is using an effect called time stretching and time compression. He's matching dialogue rhythmically with the music...this takes a lot of time and tinkering and, most importantly, the artist (Porter) has to "hear" something in the dialogue that can be snipped and used. Pretty cool how he picks out just the right dialogue. I hear some Autotune effect in here with the coach, but that's it.

I'm not sure what this guy is trying to accomplish with all these mixes other than a creative outlet, but they're really good and very different.

Maybe ESPN will run this and he'll get some eventual expo$$$ure.

RMX

2. anunakki

anunakki Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 8, 2005
    Las Vegas Nevada
    Full Name:
    Jerry
  3. REMIX

It's getting overused. AT was never meant to be used the way it's being used...but that's what good producers do: take basic tools and find new uses.

I've always used it for pitch correcting flat vocals. Guys like Jamie Foxx use it because they cannot sing at all.

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1613484/20090608/jay_z.jhtml

Jay-Z's Anti-Auto-Tune Song Is Embraced By T-Pain But Not Others
    Pain crashes Jay's set at Summer Jam, while Jim Jones and DJ Webstar take to Twitter to dis 'D.O.A.'

By Jayson Rodriguez
    Views 30,037

Jay-Z took aim at the overuse of Auto-Tune with his new song "D.O.A.," and although he claimed T-Pain wasn't a target, the Brooklyn MC admitted he wasn't sure how the computer-aided crooner would take his track.

"If T-Pain got to feel a little brunt behind that, then I'm cool with that," he said Monday afternoon (June 8) in an interview with New York radio station Hot 97. "I'm all about the culture. It's bigger than the politics. If T-Pain felt like he wanted to never talk to me again, I would have been cool with that."

T-Pain, however, stood by Jay-Z in solidarity the day before when the rapper took to the Summer Jam stage in New Jersey.

The Roc-A-Fella rapper said he was caught off guard by the unplanned gesture. "That was crazy, 'cause I didn't know where he came from," Jay told Hot 97's Angie Martinez. "I remember the concert T.I. had, and 50 Cent went onstage. That wasn't planned — same thing!

"I look, and I see somebody to my right, and I swear I thought it was a fan coming up to me to hug me," Jay continued. " 'Cause I didn't see who it was. I thought it was some cool, rock-star stuff. And then I saw him move again, and I looked back. I guess [T-Pain] wanted to get close to me."

In "D.O.A.," which stands for "Death of Auto-Tune," Jay called for more real rap. He said Auto-Tune has resulted in softer music within hip-hop and unnecessary crooning. But in an interview with Hot 97 on Friday, the night of the song's premiere, Jay made a point to compliment T-Pain for his use, admonishing the copycats.

Still, he said, the unplanned moment he and T-Pain shared onstage was strange, if not thrilling.

"It was a little awkward, but it was cool," Jay said. "He didn't mean any harm. He's just embracing the record. You shouldn't be confused by the message. I'm not saying Auto-Tune is wack. But leave that for them [T-Pain, Lil Wayne and Kanye West, the artists Jay said used it artistically]; it's not for everybody. That's how you stagnate hip-hop. You listen to the radio, and every single has Auto-Tune. So we have to get rid of that part."

Though Kanye, the song's co-producer, and DJs like Funkmaster Flex and Mister Cee sided with Jay-Z, not everyone was onboard. Some younger rappers haven't supported Jay-Z's anti-Auto-Tune crusade.

Harlem, New York's DJ Webstar, who had a hit using Auto-Tune with his song "Dancing on Me," Tweeted about "D.O.A." and his thoughts on Jay. "Who heard old ass Jay Z hating?" the youngster wrote.

Jim Jones also took aim at Jay on Twitter. "An old sucka, LOL," Jones Tweeted. "We back, and if he kilt Auto-Tune then we must be Easter, the resurrection, LOL."

4. TexasF355F1

TexasF355F1 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Thanks Rmx.

Another reason Jay-Z is a leader in hiphop, and I'm glad he did it. And who does Jim Jones think he is? He's a two-bit-whack-rapper who couldn't flow if his hair was on fire. One of the worst rappers ever.

5. BT

BT F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 21, 2005
    FL / GA
    Full Name:
    Bill Tracy
    +1. I could listen to a CD of those mixes anytime!
    The Slap Chop mix is pretty good too, but the press mix is better.
    :)
    BT

6. REMIX

I just realized I know this guy. LOL. From a long time ago, too. We have a LOT of mutual friends, too.

Apparently the Slap Chop guys are using his remix now.

RMX

7. RacerX_GTO

RacerX_GTO F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Oregon
    Full Name:
    Gabe V.
    House gone...

Scott Storch Finally Loses His Miami Home
    Once upon a time music producer Scott Storch was once said to be worth $70 million, money he earned by producing records for Christina Aguilera, Brooke Hogan and Beyonce among others. But Storch's penchant for high living has gotten him in trouble. For the last year or so he's been struggling to hold on to his home on Miami's Palm Island. TMZ reports that the battle is at an end. Storch defaulted on the property last July but then declared bankruptcy. Now the bankruptcy order has been dismissed and SunTrust bank, which held two mortgages worth a combined $7.75 million against the property, bought the property back at auction on Friday for $5.5 million. Storch has said that he lost money during a period of time when he was addicted to cocaine and he went into rehab earlier this year.

http://www.luxist.com/2009/08/25/scott-storch-finally-loses-his-miami-home/?icid=main|main|dl5|link4|http%3A%2F%2Fwww.luxist.com%2F2009%2F08%2F25%2Fscott-storch-finally-loses-his-miami-home%2F

8. TexasF355F1

Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    I find it funny out of all the people they could have mentioned he worked with, they put Brooke Hogan in there. In between two that can actually sing.

9. agup48

agup48 Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 15, 2006
    Phoenix
    Full Name:
    AG
    Haha, I saw that commercial, and was impressed. Way better than the original :D :D

10. agup48

agup48 Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 15, 2006
    Phoenix
    Full Name:
    AG
    Here's more Auto-Tune.

Auto-Tune the News :D

#1-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bduQaCRkgg4

There are a couple others. Which are pretty funny. :D

11. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    #236 Bas, Aug 28, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I heard her new album which was released recently sold 3300 in the first week. Now one might say that's because she can't see, and I can see their point, but IMO no one wants to be seen buying an album with THIS on the cover:
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

12. TexasF355F1

Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    She makes the list on MSN's 10 Awful album covers.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/32553600/ns/entertainment/

13. AustinMartin

AustinMartin F1 Veteran

Mar 1, 2008
    Los Angeles/Idaho
    +1! I would run from that album.

14. TJP

TJP Rookie

Jan 18, 2007
    #239 TJP, Aug 31, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2009
    I do not mean this in any mean, hurtful way at all, so please do not take it that way, but have you heard some of Jamie Foxx's older work?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HgEvRElqiLs&feature=related

He is amazing and very talented. The problem is if he tried to make that type of singing commercially successful today with all the people my age (19) they wouldn't go for it. Sadly, most of the younger people are now settling for mediocrity in everything. Music and movies being a huge part of it, and it is polluting the once great catalog of work in both industries.

I am more into singers with real talent, that can sing live with ease. I just wish the majority of people my age would join the club.

Basically, I think that if Jamie Foxx wants to stay in the spotlight he has to jump on the bandwagon, even though he is a talented musician (plays piano wonderfully also) and actor. Check out his songs Extravaganza and Unpredictable.

Best,

15. anunakki

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 8, 2005
    Las Vegas Nevada
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    Oh. My. God.

That is like grade school airbrush...

i suck at airbrushing and IM better than that !

16. TexasF355F1

Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    A few months ago, the Country Music Whatever....honored George Strait as 'Artist of the Decade'. A lot of artists came out and sang various Strait song; Jamie Foxx sang "You Look So Good In Love". I thought it was a great rendition. Whether it was AT or not I liked his version.

17. GG

GG Formula 3

Feb 21, 2008
  18. Osiris_x11

Osiris_x11 Formula Junior

Oct 30, 2007
    Austin, Texas
  19. Darolls

Darolls F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Jul 2, 2003
    Full Name:
    Sparky
    Easy come, easy go!

20. GatorFL

GatorFL Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Nov 18, 2005
    Wellington, FL
    Full Name:
    Duane
    Agreed. He went to rehab but sparks up doobies all day long? WTF is wrong with him?

21. sparta49

sparta49 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Mar 3, 2001
    LA
    Full Name:
    Frank
    The article said it was California medicinal grade .

22. buckminster

buckminster Formula Junior

Aug 18, 2005
    On the water, SWFL
    Full Name:
    Nicholas Raftis
    Still a doobie: can be way stronger, and if he has residency in CA it is easy to get a script. Does not mean he is not smoking it illegally in Maimi (there is generally no legal medicinal weed in Florida).

23. anunakki

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 8, 2005
    Las Vegas Nevada
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    While I cant see Storchs drug problems being over I dont think smoking weed is one of them...

24. GG

GG Formula 3

Feb 21, 2008
    It's well documented that he smokes on average a joint every hour. Sounds like addiction to me.

25. Etcetera

Etcetera Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 7, 2003
    Full Name:
    C9H8O4
    No one has ever died from an OD of pot!