Scott Storch finally going broke? | Page 7 | FerrariChat

Scott Storch finally going broke?

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by MurcieMurcie, Jan 6, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Blue4reF1

Blue4reF1 Formula 3

Jun 12, 2007
    Plantation, FL
    Full Name:
    Blake Simon
    Also I've been reading this and is it true he has a Red and Black Veyron now? And was the other a lease??

2. toshiba

toshiba Formula Junior

Jan 14, 2008
    Full Name:
    Santa
    you know how much money his money makes him in one year. if he even had 10 mill left, he could still turn around and do well with a good investor

3. andric

andric Formula Junior

Feb 26, 2008
    But the sad part is he won't. He will waste that last 10 mil to try to up hold his reputation, a la MC Hammer. He has always been a flashy person and those people just can't portray an image of broke.

4. Keep in mind he gets a lot of royalties monthly. My guess is that he is just liquidating assets now. He has been a part of over 20 million platnium album sales. He makes a nice chunk off of all those tracks each year, quarter, month (not sure how they're paid for album royalties).

So is it true that he now has a red/black Veyron?

5. ski_bum

ski_bum Formula 3

Dec 26, 2002
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Perfect color scheme for him. Financially he's in the black...no red...oops black...now red....back into the black......

(sorry, couldn't resist!) :)

6. senna21

senna21 F1 Rookie

Jul 2, 2004
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    Charles W
    Unless he's got the same investor as Mike Tyson. Don't forget he was worth 300mil. Now... not so much.

7. djui5

djui5 F1 Veteran

Aug 9, 2006
    Phoenix, Arizona

O'Rly? People are still buying music?

8. MurcieMurcie

MurcieMurcie F1 Rookie

Jan 31, 2004
    I am sure Remix has a good idea of his royalties...His music was a quick flash in the pan, how many years has it been since he has had a hit? He did'nt exactly write anything like the Beatles, Led Zepplin, Doors, Rolling Stones, or old MJ that will keep paying the bills.

9. rmani

rmani F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    RMani
    10M in tax free munis will more likely get you 350-400k tax free per year, which still makes for a fabulous lifestyle. You make not get you into an enzo or veyeron but you can still save for 2 years and buy a nice brand new Ferrari no sweat.

If storch really is going broke he's a moron and deserves it. 70M net worth will buy you anything you want.

10. His music wasn't a quick flash in the pan. He's been making music since the early 90's with the roots. He's been a part of over 20 million multi-platinum records and 12 million platinum records. He's not a "new guy" that had 2-3 hits in the last 2 years and made some cash. He has just been laying low until he started becoming more and more of a celebrity (sometime around 2004 when he was on MTV for the Lean Back hit). His last big hit was in 2006. Since then nobody has had a really big hit. He still gets a good amount of royalties. While album sales are down - significantly; people are still buying here and overseas.

That's really easy to say, it's a whole different ball game when you actually have 70 million; $350-400k a year is not a fabulous lifestyle by any means - it may be to those who make $50k a year. It's not bad, but it's not extravagant. When you have $70 million you want more, when you have $2 billion you want more. Your appetitive grows in relation to your bank account. You have a G550 you want a Boeing 787 BBJ, you have a 100 foot yacht, you want a 450 foot mega-yacht. The whole key to the game is actually being able to make the right decisions to keep the ball rolling and not spending it all too fast and being left with nothing.

11. Samimi

Samimi Formula 3

Oct 17, 2005
    North of the 49th
    Full Name:
    S.
    Well someones got to buy it to put it online :D

12. anunakki

anunakki Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 8, 2005
    Las Vegas Nevada
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    man id hate to have that superficial of a personality...but you are correct in that many people are that way.

I have a buddy that was in a popular 80s metal band...still makes about $10k month in royalties.

13. SRT Mike

SRT Mike Two Time F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    Taxachusetts
    Full Name:
    Raymond Luxury Yacht
    Don't forget that the scenario described above would be $350-400k *after tax* which is probably a lot like $700k pre-tax so it is a pretty fabulous lifestyle. That could easily afford a very nice $1mm home, new Benz S-class every 2-3 years, a toy car or two, and plenty left over for travel and fun.

The problem Storch is going to have is that when your pipeline of cash flow is as large as his is/was, it's not easy just to shut it off like a faucet. He will have lots of continuing expenses that may not be so easy to get rid of. Usually when someone gets into financial trouble, they start not paying the things they can get away with not paying (like lease payments, property taxes, insurance, etc). So Storch may not have nearly as much net worth as folks think when you take his liabilities into accuont as well as his assets.

14. djui5

djui5 F1 Veteran

Aug 9, 2006
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Wow that's funny!

15. rollsorferrari?

rollsorferrari? F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2006
    St. Louis
    Full Name:
    Scott
  16. Blue4reF1

Blue4reF1 Formula 3

Jun 12, 2007
    Plantation, FL
    Full Name:
    Blake Simon
    I might be going to South Beach this weekend...can anyone confirm that he has a Red/Blk Veyron now??

17. Not put you can. :)

18. supremo

supremo Rookie

Aug 22, 2007
    Good luck peeking through those gates ... I stayed on Palm Island for a while, and it's tough to see anything but a few Escalades through that gate (unless you walk up and stare around like a stalker). I stayed a few houses down, and I NEVER saw a RED/BLACK Veyron... definitely did see the dark Bugatti blue one though.

19. MurcieMurcie

MurcieMurcie F1 Rookie

Jan 31, 2004
    I would think that he would have the intelligence to liquidate what he could before it is all totally gone...I guess his ego has the best of him, probably on Ocean Ave right now running up a bar tab he can't pay.

20. #171 FerrariSlave, May 24, 2008
    Last edited: May 24, 2008
    What makes you think he's doing that? I think a lot of people are too quick to assume things that aren't true. This guy makes over a mil a month off royalties. Records are still selling here and overseas. While it's slower, it's most certainty not dead. There has been no proof that he is even remotely going broke. Besides some gossip blog reporting that his credit card was denied at a Miami night club and that he owes people money from lawsuits.

21. SRT Mike

SRT Mike Two Time F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    Taxachusetts
    Full Name:
    Raymond Luxury Yacht
    ...and his boat getting repo'ed, his home appearing in disrepair, his Rolls (or Bentley, I forget) being repo'ed and his Bugatti(s?) up for auction at pretty short prices, having paintings reposessed, and of course having a very large and very delinquent property tax bill on file against him.

How do you know he is taking in $1mm/mo in royalties? That seems very high to me... but maybe he is?

It does seem pretty certain though that he is in a bind because what other reason could there be for him to have at least 3 high-priced and valuable things reposessed, and have a huge outstanding and and unpaid tax bill? He certainly is having problems.

22. Where did you hear of his boat getting repo'd? The Bugatti could've been sold back to Ft.Lauderdale collection, who knows? On a side note, someone on another board did a public records look up on him in Miami and there are court papers allowing VA leasing to immediately repossesses their 2005 $320,000 hard bones motorcycle and 2006 $26x,000 612 Scagletti from him because of delinquent payments. Can anyone confirm his house on Palm Ave is still there and hasn't been put up for auction?

Eh, nothing is for certain. Someone said his Drop Head is back at the collection, but it's not there? I'm asking myself why I even care at this point. I guess it's just sad to see a great musician like this go broke in such a short amount of time. Must be something seriously wrong with his financial decisions. Be it investments, drugs, extreme spending (on what though) - who knows.

23. supremo

supremo Rookie

Aug 22, 2007
    What's a hard bones motorcycle? I tried to google it, didnt find anything.

24. djui5

djui5 F1 Veteran

Aug 9, 2006
    Phoenix, Arizona

Whoa whoa whoa. Simmer down there little buddy. First off, Scott isn't a musician. He's a producer. 2 different things. Producers often play instruments, but they're not musicians :)
    2ndly, he's not "great" by any means. Well that's my opinion anyway, and I'm sticking to it. I'd venture to say he is a good producer, but I'd never call him great.