Scottsdale Cars and Coffee - May 4 | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Scottsdale Cars and Coffee - May 4

Discussion in 'Arizona & New Mexico' started by agup48, May 1, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. nerd

nerd F1 Rookie

Oct 12, 2003
    Coronado, CA
    Full Name:
    RSK
    A shockingly competent car on the track.

2. agup48

agup48 Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 15, 2006
    Phoenix
    Full Name:
    AG
    Not worth that price, the sound is insane, that's why I wish she got on the loud pedal. Even at $400k they are still losing money on them, it definitely showcased the talents of the Lexus designers though.

3. mrcarlosspicey

mrcarlosspicey Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 18, 2012
    Omaha
    Full Name:
    Parker
    The LFA was ment to be the best technologically advanced super car not the fastest. As for pricing, theres always gonna be someone willing to buy a car that claims something that it surpasses every other car with whether its speed or acceleration.

The LFA cannot really be compared to anything.

My great uncle taught me this, once he was seelling his paintings for $10 each, no one bought them. The next day he changed.his pricing to $100 each and sold them all. Hopefully you guys understand what Lexus was going after.

4. pat_ernzen

pat_ernzen Formula Junior

Nov 30, 2006
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Full Name:
    Patrick Ernzen
    The LFA was definitely the highlight for me, but I did leave before the Type 57 showed up. Still, so great to see an LFA out in daylight. Only other time I've seen one was at a dealership and it's just not the same. I personally love the car. Added a few more photos, so here's some LFA shots I took.

Desert-Motors.com :: Automotive Photography - Phoenix, Arizona - Cars & Coffee - May 4th, 2013/IMG 9951
    Desert-Motors.com :: Automotive Photography - Phoenix, Arizona - Cars & Coffee - May 4th, 2013/IMG 9928
    Desert-Motors.com :: Automotive Photography - Phoenix, Arizona - Cars & Coffee - May 4th, 2013/IMG 0136

5. 737Drvr

737Drvr Karting

Nov 7, 2009
    This. I respect the ZR1, it is an animal (my pops has one). But put two relatively new to intermediate drivers in both cars (bone stock) and the GTR is going to clean up. It makes it that easy for its drivers. The ZR1 does not, which one could say makes it more involving. Pick your poison.

On a separate note, I missed the LFA. Not my thang but would like to see one in person. The Carrera GT, epic. Would love to have one someday.

6. New River KTM

New River KTM Rookie

Sep 11, 2009
    Did everyone get to see the custom luggage in the type 57? The Perspect/Acrylic roof was quite high tech in its day with plastics just being introduced in cars. The Bugatti was a 4th place winner at Pebble Beach in 2011 :) The guys at the Scottsdale Auto Museum do a great job with their restorations as this car was originally poorly restored by a top named restoration house and had to be completely redone. The motor alone was over a one year process. Great car good to see it out.

7. RWebber

RWebber Formula Junior

Apr 17, 2013
    Grasslands, USA
    Full Name:
    R Webber
    I like this quote "There are people who know the price of everything yet the value of nothing"
    This describes LFA buyers perfectly