News

Scottsdale Cars and Coffee new location

Discussion in 'Arizona & New Mexico' started by AZ-Giallo, Mar 10, 2017.

1. Zack Hawker

Zack Hawker Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2018
    Scottsdale, Az
    Full Name:
    Zack Az Realtor
    Im in on that as well. :cool:

2. AZ308GTS

AZ308GTS Karting

Apr 16, 2006
    Phoenix,AZ
    Sorry for ruining it with my ratty 308. I just go to see the cars, not to be seen. There was a 412 there. How often do you get to see one of those!

Jakuzzi and SoCal to az like this.
  3. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Listen- the true enthusiasts don’t care what you have. We all just love cars and like to talk shop. Next time stop by and say hello.

For me it’s peobably March. Maybe April.

Jakuzzi likes this.
  4. stardoc

stardoc Formula Junior

May 5, 2005
    The big oven
    Full Name:
    K RA
    Took my TR ONCE to Mayo and never went back again. Miss Gainey, such a nice venue.

synchro likes this.
  5. synchro

synchro F1 Veteran

Feb 14, 2005
    CHNDLR
    Full Name:
    Scott
  6. stardoc

stardoc Formula Junior

May 5, 2005
    The big oven
    Full Name:
    K RA
    Can't say no one saw this coming. The crowd was starting to look rougher and rougher, and many of the cars were not really interesting to look at. The Pinnacle Peak option seems very interesting but it would be nice to have a venue back in Gainey with a restriction on cars allowed, I know some complained that their cars didn't make the cut to be "shown" but that's up to the discretion of the event organizers.

synchro likes this.
  7. bisel

bisel Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2012
    Scottsdale, Arizona
    Full Name:
    Steve Bisel
    IMO, it was becoming more and more like the Pavilions Rock 'n' Roll show ... but less fun. Sure, there are more European exotics at the Scuderia event, And the Pavilions show has lots of the same cars on display. Entire rows of identical Corvettes, Mustangs and Camaros, but there is atmosphere at the Pavilions that is more down to earth and every week lots of unusual hot rods, roadsters and other quite interesting cars. I love walking down the aisles of older cars. I really enjoy the Pavilions and seeing people camping out with their camp chairs and taking in the social aspects. The event up at Mayo Blvd has lost the camaraderie of the venue at Gainey Ranch. There seem to be fewer genuine classic car buffs and more dealers and commercialization. There is very little commercialization at the Pavilions. There are fewer and fewer really interesting cars at the Mayo Blvd event. Much fewer hot rods, classic cars and preserved exotics.

I hope the organizers can restore some of the atmosphere they had at Gainey, but I fear their attention has become too focused on the commercial aspects.

synchro likes this.
  8. My AZFerrari

My AZFerrari Rookie

Sep 16, 2018
    Full Name:
    Sean Thompson
    Why not try something that is PM Saturday instead? What are thoughts of that? I think attendance would go up. At least non summer.

F430

9. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    The show was getting to be not fun. When there was empty spot after empty spot in the exotics area- not too much fun about that. I go there 6-7 times a year with friends but it’s becoming less and less interesting. We are just thinking of just getting together and just meeting up someplace and just have coffee- like it was intended to be.

synchro likes this.