Scottsdale DIY carwash | FerrariChat

Scottsdale DIY carwash

Discussion in 'Arizona & New Mexico' started by Cygnus, Nov 17, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Cygnus

Cygnus Rookie

Jul 23, 2010
    Hi guys,

Does anyone know of any places in north Scottsdale where you can wash your car yourself? I'm looking for something pretty basic, just a bay that gives me access to water so that I can do a 2 bucket wash on my car. I don't need anything other than a hose. So far I haven't been able to find any sort of DIY place up here.

Thanks

2. agup48

agup48 Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 15, 2006
    Phoenix
    Full Name:
    AG
    If all you are looking for is a hose, I'm assuming you live in a house, why not use that. If not, drive around. Try doing a search on Google Maps

I'm in Tempe and there is one on McDowell called Buggy Bath, but it is fairly run down looking. I couldn't find any in Tempe, so I just use Danny's Family car wash and place opened up near me offering $3 car washes. I don't own a Ferrari, so those work fine for me, I wish they were touchless though.

3. FandLcars

FandLcars F1 Rookie

Aug 6, 2006
    Tempe, Az
    Full Name:
    Rick Schumm
    I also looked some months ago, and gave up on finding anything close in N. Scottsdale. I just carry a 1gal sprayer with soapy water in my boot to rinse the car off, plus microfiber towels and Detail spray. I just find a place to park near a show or event, and have at it. Takes an hour to do a good job, though.

4. Pit_Stop

Pit_Stop Arizona

Dec 31, 2008
    Scottsdale, Arizona
    Full Name:
    Marcus
    Hi, I wish I knew of a place here in N. Scottsdale for you to have access to a DIY car wash but, to my knowledge, there is not one close by. If you don't find what you are looking for, please reach out to me (pit stop auto detailing), we do onsite car washes and are very particular about bringing out the best in a car wash. If you should have additional questions please let me know. If we can't help you this time please keep us in mind for the future. Take care!

Marcus
    Pit Stop Auto Detailing

5. 99AZF355

99AZF355 Karting
    BANNED

Sep 23, 2010
    Paradise Valley,
    Full Name:
    Tristan,
    Past Mc,Dowell on Hayden across from starbucks there is a self spray wash next to japanese grocery store. There is one in north scottsdale around the 101 and frank lloyd wright. I have seen it but i'm not 100% of the exact location. I swore it was on that parkway someplace.

6. 99AZF355

99AZF355 Karting
    BANNED

Sep 23, 2010
    Paradise Valley,
    Full Name:
    Tristan,
    Ditto on Pit Stop. I have heard a lot of good things about him.

7. agup48

Apr 15, 2006
    Phoenix
    Full Name:
    AG
    :confused:

I've never seen a Starbucks near there, or a grocery store. Are you sure it's McDowell? Can you post a map or a link if you can.

8. Cygnus

Cygnus Rookie

Jul 23, 2010
    Thanks guys, you're pretty much confirming what I've been running into when searching for one. What would be nice is if Scottsdale Auto Salon reopens to have a DIY area at it. It would be perfect for it.

Thanks for the offer Marcus, but I think you are a no go for me too. First because I like to wash and detail my cars. It's a nice distraction and my anal, OCD self then knows exactly what's happening. :) Plus, to also answer Ashwin's question, I can't wash a car at my condo. My HOA has a rule against it. I'm guessing you're onsite washes would also violate that rule. It's a real pain in the butt. :(

9. Cygnus

Cygnus Rookie

Jul 23, 2010
    I've done this a few times. I'm also doing waterless and ONR washes in my garage. HOA can't catch me on those. I work from home, so the cars don't get too dirty and those usually get the job done. There's just those times you need a little bit more cleaning power. It's also good to get a real wash every once in awhile since detail spray and other items can build up over time and cause some hazing.

10. 99AZF355

99AZF355 Karting
    BANNED

Sep 23, 2010
    Paradise Valley,
    Full Name:
    Tristan,
    No no,

I used the closest cross road to that on hayden, Sorry, I was wrong Not mcdowell and hayden it's thomas and hayden, Across the street from here 3300 N. Hayden Road
    Scottsdale, AZ 85251 aka starbucks, next to a rice shop.

But yeah otherwise Pitstop is great, Scottsdale road and mc.kellips is the one agup is speaking of 3$ washes.

11. agup48

Apr 15, 2006
    Phoenix
    Full Name:
    AG
    Cool, thanks for clarifying.

Indeed, the $3 car wash place is free right now. I got my car washed from there already, the guy who was there told me they weren't open yet, but the first week that they are open there will be free car washes. It's not a touchless wash though. The vacuums are always free too.

12. Pit_Stop

Pit_Stop Arizona

Dec 31, 2008
    Scottsdale, Arizona
    Full Name:
    Marcus
    Thanks for the offer Marcus, but I think you are a no go for me too. First because I like to wash and detail my cars. It's a nice distraction and my anal, OCD self then knows exactly what's happening. :) Plus, to also answer Ashwin's question, I can't wash a car at my condo. My HOA has a rule against it. I'm guessing you're onsite washes would also violate that rule. It's a real pain in the butt. :([/QUOTE]

Sounds good...I understand your passion for maintaining your own vehicle:) I am available if you should ever need our services or products. Best of luck!

Marcus

13. HUNT96

HUNT96 Karting

Apr 1, 2007
    Arizona
    Full Name:
    Hunter
    I know there is one in Mesa. On McKellips and West of Val Vista.