SCUD pricing guide | Page 114 | FerrariChat

SCUD pricing guide

Discussion in '360/430' started by RichardCH, Aug 18, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. MikeMonty

MikeMonty Karting

May 28, 2004
    Nashville TN
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Pretty crazy how few Scuds are for sale at any given time. I remember years ago on a search there would be 20+ listed, now only a few. Will be interesting to see what it does to the market if most owners are holding vs selling. Full caveat; I am an owner who bought late 2019. Best car I have owned and no intent to sell. Based on lack of cars for sale seems like owners want to hold onto their cars, not just for resale value, because they love to drive them, my experience anyways!

2. Clabby93

Clabby93 Rookie

Jun 13, 2019
    Full Name:
    Clabby
  3. Clabby93

Clabby93 Rookie

Jun 13, 2019
    Full Name:
    Clabby
    P.S. Anybody in the Austin TX or NYC areas willing to take me for a ride in their Scud? I'm 99% certain the NVH is well within my tolerance limits but I'd rather be 100% before pulling the trigger on one.

4. bart12

bart12 Formula 3

Nov 6, 2008
    The River runs through it
    Full Name:
    MD Leo
    Theres nothing else to compare. What ferrari are you buying for $225-230 that made to feel Special. With inflation 7-10, its undervalued and cheap.

FerrariTexas and MikeMonty like this.
  5. dhalperin13

dhalperin13 Karting

Mar 26, 2021
    Full Name:
    Dan
    @Clabby93

I saw this car and it looked great. Also, found everyone at the dealership was honest and forthcoming. Highly recommend that you reach out to Nereyda to discuss. Guessing she knows the car and previous owners story quite well!

[email protected]

6. Clabby93

Clabby93 Rookie

Jun 13, 2019
    Full Name:
    Clabby
    I actually met with Nereyda and looked at the car today. It does look fantastic, especially for the mileage. The interior is gorgeous.

I asked for details and was told verbatim "it was a rear bumper scratch", which I suppose is just standard dealership bull-speak, but definitely didn't sound like all of the details they knew of the incident. Carfax shows it as a hit to the left side with no airbags deployed, but vehicle towed. It's probably the only 16M in my budget and it's the right color. I'm tempted to say the least.

Manda racing likes this.
  7. Scottslaw

Scottslaw Formula Junior

Here is my two cents (which is exactly what it is worth). If you are looking for a short-term fun car that you will want to sell soon, you might want to be careful with a scud/16m that has an accident history. The only, and I mean only reason for this caution is because the market for these cars is so sensitive to "storied" or prior accident cars. Not warranted imho, but it is what it is. And the concern of potential future buyers will only be heightened if you go to sell relatively quickly (because buyers will assume its got issues and will probably shy away). On the other hand, if you are pretty certain you are going to be happy with the car and plan to use it and drive it and enjoy it for years, I think there is very, very little risk of a lurking issue or taking a hit when you go to sell. Here is why. The car wasn't totaled, so that means it was fixable, and given the types of folks who own/owned these cars, theres little chance that it wasn't fixed right or that corners were cut. Then, if you keep it for years and put a good amount of miles on it, you can essentially "remove the taint" of the accident. I've done just that with cars I knew were fixed correctly and which I planned to drive a good deal. My prior 997 gt3 had an accident and hopped around until my ownership, and I drove my own 996tt for 5 years after I got rear ended. Guess what, no real market hit because I had put enough miles on the cars that folks new I wasn't trying to dump a lemon. No guarantees of course, but I think the odds are good that this is a very solid, properly repaired car that you can get into for a great price and enjoy the heck out of. Good luck, and act fast. Barring some global economic/geopolitical calamity, they aren't getting cheaper!

alum04org, ShineKen and dhalperin13 like this.
  8. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    Here's my 2 cents (which I believe is worth 4 cents).

These cars have sensitive aluminum chassis. The 16m is 2 secs slower around Fiorano compared to the Scud. Add the X-factor of the accident history, you might now know what you're really getting.

I'd avoid.

9. Scottslaw

Scottslaw Formula Junior

certainly valid points. I guess it depends on what you want and if you can confirm extent of damage/propriety of repairs!

10. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
  11. zstyle

zstyle Formula Junior

Jun 28, 2007
    Fountain Hills
    Full Name:
    Jon
    RM Scud had front wheel damage due a stones getting stuck between wheel and caliper on both sides.

12. patina

patina Formula Junior

Jul 9, 2005
    Lake Norman, NC
    Inclusive of buy fee?

13. f355spider

f355spider F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    I've seen that on more than one. The clearance between the front caliper and wheel is very small.

14. bart12

bart12 Formula 3

Nov 6, 2008
    Full Name:
    MD Leo
    Next year, it would be hard to find a car with less than 10k miles for less than $300k. The market would not be thesame again.

tonyswfla likes this.
  15. Scottslaw

Scottslaw Formula Junior

That wheel type of wheel/caliper damage can also come from a mis-placed wheel weight...most tire companies wouldn't guess that you cant place the weights at the most logical location on the wheel!

I'm actually surprised the RM scud didn't go higher. I'm noticing that BAT prices on unique cars are also starting to stay a little lower than even a few weeks ago. Wonder if all the millennials/gen y'ers that had crypto millions vanish over the past week are backing out of the high end car market.

Manda racing likes this.
  16. Challenge64

Challenge64 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Ron
    I bid on it but the SEVEN previous owners was a big downer. I also bid but didn't buy the 308 QV a few lots later. The auction room had cleared out but the phone bidders kept the pace going. So not sure what happened.

17. andybm3

andybm3 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 12, 2003
    USA
    Full Name:
    Andy
    I am surprised it's taken this long for the Scud market to pick up, given the pricing on CS's and Speciale's, BAT had a similar low mileage car sell for $292k recently. Of all the Ferrari's I have owned and sold the Scud is the one I regret and miss the most. My Speciale A is a great car but the Scud is better, much more raw, involving and it has soul, imo. And, yes I was the purchaser of the 09 at RM, $10k higher than I wanted to pay, but in 5yrs it won't matter and I will be still driving a great car

18. bart12

bart12 Formula 3

Nov 6, 2008
    Full Name:
    MD Leo
    #2843 bart12, Jan 29, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2022
    If i like a car, i dont think about a few thousand dollars. They dont make these cars anymore. I rather buy a car a like, than save a few thousands and buy a car a regret. $10k is how much japanese cars depreciate as soon as you drive them off.

Agree with a scud and a modern ferrari v8. Been there.
    Sold my first scud, then bought another after I missed it.
    Nothing wrong with a new v8 ferrari, but if youved owned 997 RS and scuds, anything new is not always better.

Now lets wait where this will end.

Manda racing and bzubi like this.
  19. gw32

gw32 Formula Junior

Apr 6, 2017
    Sonoma, CA
    Full Name:
    Gary
    Stock market jitters.

ScottS and f355spider like this.
  20. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ