SCUD pricing guide | Page 119 | FerrariChat

SCUD pricing guide

Discussion in '360/430' started by RichardCH, Aug 18, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ForzaFerrari81

Aug 26, 2016
    Colorado Springs
    Full Name:
    Chris
    #2951 ForzaFerrari81, Oct 29, 2022
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2022
    I think under 5k miles the right red car might fetch 300k. Cars between 5-9k miles are more toward the $275k mark I think.

I was the highest bidder on this car. I couldn't make it work with the seller but I was close to pulling the trigger. I think it was a decent deal still but I decided to wait and see where the market is going. Clearly the last few auctions haven't ended with a sale and more have been listed by dealers recently. Albeit most at prices that will see the cars sitting.

FYI for anybody who has never used Cars & Bids, their max fee is $500 less than BAT at a max of $4500 but in case of an RNM auction they will not put highest bidder and seller in touch and cancel their fee. The guy I talked to told me they would try to make an effort but I never got a number. Without that I think I would have been able to buy this car. Correct me if I am wrong but I think I read BAT drops their fee entirely in case of RNM and still puts buyer and seller in touch. Or did I dream that ? It does seem very generous of BAT.

I passed on the Ed Bolian car too back in May I think. They just relisted it and I think they're very optimistic.

Anyway the hunt goes on. If anybody hears of an owner interested in selling please let me know. Money is ready.

2. tbuff

tbuff Formula Junior

May 15, 2005
    Where is the Ed Bolian car? Love those colours

3. tbuff

tbuff Formula Junior

May 15, 2005
    Thanks. Given recent auction prices seems optimistically priced given colours and mileage

4. ForzaFerrari81

Aug 26, 2016
    Colorado Springs
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Very optimistic. Another one listed at $244k is in the same boat in my opinion. The car has 40k miles, it is in red though. But just from the photos I see door sills are damaged, rear bumper isn't sitting right, a few other things. Market is softening but it takes a while for sellers to accept and adjust. Of course I say that from a buyers point of view but past auctions seem to confirm it.

f355spider likes this.
  5. f355spider

f355spider F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    #2956 f355spider, Oct 30, 2022
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2022
    I noticed the same...also has stickies on interior, and some of the heat sheilding is crushed/damaged around the muffler/exhaust. All the wheels were refinished and instead of the matte clear, they used gloss clear so they look really shiny (not sure if they should have any clear actually). Could also sand and reclear the air boxes. The dealer should spend a few more grand to tidy up the details and improve first impressions.

https://www.chicagomotorcars.com/2009-ferrari-430-scuderia-coupe-racing-stripe-special-features-leather-upholstery-tons-of-carbon-c-9992.htm#details-107

https://www.chicagomotorcars.com/2009-ferrari-430-scuderia-coupe-racing-stripe-special-features-leather-upholstery-tons-of-carbon-c-9992.htm#details-107

https://www.chicagomotorcars.com/2009-ferrari-430-scuderia-coupe-racing-stripe-special-features-leather-upholstery-tons-of-carbon-c-9992.htm#details-73

https://www.chicagomotorcars.com/2009-ferrari-430-scuderia-coupe-racing-stripe-special-features-leather-upholstery-tons-of-carbon-c-9992.htm#details-72

ForzaFerrari81 likes this.
  6. ForzaFerrari81

Aug 26, 2016
    Colorado Springs
    Full Name:
    Chris
    I was talking about the Red car in my comment but I totally agree about the things you pointed out on Ed's ex-car. I didn't look too much into it as I passed on buying it back in May for $219k. It is fun to see it come up again but I'm not in the running for that one. I love the color and the stripe, I can't get my head around the interior though. So the hunt continues.

7. Audipwr1

Audipwr1 Karting

Apr 6, 2017
    It’s sliding back into Norms like all used sports cars are now. Looks like I’ll resume my search shortly!

ForzaFerrari81 likes this.
  8. grudk

grudk Karting

Mar 29, 2005
    Manhattan Beach
  9. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    Fair number, car with paint work, no service history and seller credibility was called into question

MEGACHAD likes this.
  10. Scottslaw

Scottslaw Formula Junior

Plus literally no miles since converting and prior owner listed super quick after completion. Car is probably solid but it created question marks.

11. patina

patina Formula Junior

Jul 9, 2005
    Lake Norman, NC
    Seems like seller converted it speculating it would bring a premium. Looks like he lost that gamble.

12. flash32

flash32 F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2008
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Dominick
    Hate to say it ..but i knew this whole conversion thing will not bring a premium.. just a fade until it becomes easier to convert (more people doing it) and the car will actually be worth less than the F1 version ..

Nothing will ever match the experience of a good F1 car like a virgin working properly SCUD ..IMHO

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

13. Sergio Tavares

Sergio Tavares Formula Junior

Nov 15, 2018
    Full Name:
    Sergio Tavares
    "I just couldn’t quite understand why this car was being auctioned. The story seemed to be someone bought this car, had the professionals do a manual conversion, then about 100 miles later put it up for auction. Was this all done on speculation? Maybe the owner didn’t like the way it drove after the conversion? Maybe some other factor? Maybe I missed something here, but it seemed odd."

14. Sj_engr

Sj_engr Formula 3

Sep 15, 2020
    San Jose
    Full Name:
    dc
    If the entire stock market did not just take a 40-50% drop I bet things would of been different.

15. collegeboy

collegeboy Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 25, 2007
    Texas and Kauai
    Full Name:
    Mikey
  16. patina

patina Formula Junior

Jul 9, 2005
    Lake Norman, NC
    There are plenty of recent nonsensical results on the opposite end of the spectrum to dispute your claim.

MEGACHAD and Sergio Tavares like this.
  17. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ
    Consultant Professional Ferrari Technician

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    A Scud with a manual IMHO would simply destroy the car. The F1 gearbox in that car is a magnificent mix of high tech for the time, while still delivering a raw race car feel. It is the best "feeling" car I think Ferrari has ever made. Once they went to the DCT in the 458..all the feel disappeared. Manual gearbox is fun as long as the entire package was designed for it. The Scud is not one of those.

Too each thier own. But it's odd the car was converted then sold so quickly.

Shark01, Tylercoupe252, tomw and 7 others like this.
  18. galt

galt Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 19, 2005
    You make a great point. I drove a Scud back to back with a 458 on the track. Both great cars. However, I just found the Scud a lot more engaging and "fun" to drive. Then after spending more time in one, I found that the superfast gearbox is actually is a highlight--rather than a negative for not being a DCT.

vr4henry, DeTomasoGTS74 and tbakowsky like this.
  19. mchas

mchas F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 5, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Not sure what stock market you’re talking about but the SP500 is currently at 4k, the high was 4.7k. That’s less than 20%. After dividends probably closer to 15%. Not really that significant.

MEGACHAD likes this.
  20. Sergio Tavares

Sergio Tavares Formula Junior

Nov 15, 2018
    Full Name:
    Sergio Tavares
    Human will never shift as quick as SuperFast2, this change is for money only to make the SCUD rare, not best driving.
    100% American market mentality

21. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    Im gonna convert my F40 to SF2

Clabby93 likes this.
  22. Clabby93

Clabby93 Rookie

Jun 13, 2019
    Full Name:
    Clabby
    Does the 1 second it takes to shift a manual really make a difference in any real world situation? I doubt many, if any, Scud owners are talented enough for that time to matter even on the track.

23. Manda racing

Manda racing Formula 3

Feb 25, 2015
    Bakersfield, Ca
    Full Name:
    Mark
    I have a found that the super fast trans has helped me out several times in track situations particularly when getting close to the exit of a turn.
    Where it allows you to grab another gear whereas there’s no way in the world(planted car, banking, off camber etc) you would try to grab a gear(and unsettle it) if you were driving a manual.

Other than that, I see your point .

MEGACHAD likes this.
  24. grudk

grudk Karting

Mar 29, 2005
    Manhattan Beach
    Manuals are involving, and a pleasure to drive, but will be measurably slower on the track vs DCT or even SF2, even for amateurs. Plus you aren't going to miss a shift and blow your engine with paddles.

Manda racing and Sergio Tavares like this.