SCUD pricing guide | Page 121 | FerrariChat

SCUD pricing guide

Discussion in '360/430' started by RichardCH, Aug 18, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Niteroi

Niteroi Formula Junior

Jun 1, 2004
    Santa Barbara, CA
    Full Name:
    Del
    Pre purchase inspection. It has to be done either by a Ferrari dealer or a mechanic that knows this model well, so he’s aware of the common problem areas. Very important.

Sturm59 likes this.
  2. Sturm59

Sturm59 Formula Junior
    BANNED

Apr 10, 2019
    Rear windshield and carbon fiber panel in engine bay are OK. I have already checked. But I didn't check the headligts...:(

3. Sturm59

Sturm59 Formula Junior
    BANNED

Apr 10, 2019
    The car has just left the Ferrari dealership to change gearbox oil + filter, power steering oil, 1 rear light, sticky buttons and small things.

4. grudk

grudk Karting

Mar 29, 2005
    Manhattan Beach
    Sounds good if ppi checks out... brake reading holding back price a bit I think ... as new set is pricey

Sturm59 likes this.
  5. Sturm59

Sturm59 Formula Junior
    BANNED

Apr 10, 2019
    Yes, the main problem is brake reading. But I never ride on track, so I don't have to change them right now.

6. Niteroi

Niteroi Formula Junior

Jun 1, 2004
    Santa Barbara, CA
    Full Name:
    Del
    During regular service the dealer doesn’t check everything, just the basics. Most people would want to get compression/leakdown checked, as well as headers for cracks and etc. But you decide to not get a PPI done, at least ask your friend to call the dealer and give them permission to talk with you about the car. Talking directly with the technician who serviced your car is a good idea. I’ve got saved by that a few times. They are usually very upfront about possible issues with the car.

7. Sturm59

Sturm59 Formula Junior
    BANNED

Apr 10, 2019
    I spoke with the mechanic in charge of the car and he told me that he hadn't seen anything special.....

8. tonyswfla

tonyswfla Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 2, 2007
    Florida
    The undertray is perfecto_O

9. Sturm59

Sturm59 Formula Junior
    BANNED

Apr 10, 2019
    Really? I think it's a bit dirty for 20,000 km... But I did not notice any shock or deformation. If I buy it, I'll clean everything with a toothbrush. :D

10. Sturm59

Sturm59 Formula Junior
    BANNED

Apr 10, 2019
    Thank you for the advice. I ask tomorrow to do a complete check up.;)

11. Marco91

Marco91 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 2, 2022
    Italy
    Any ideas of the real prices in Europe right now?

Would love to swap my F430 for a Scud with maximum 45.000km but the market seems like a jungle, everybody's asking random and silly prices.

12. Sturm59

Sturm59 Formula Junior
    BANNED

Apr 10, 2019
    Exactly said, it's like a wild jungle. I noticed the prices are quite low in the UK and Switzerland but for us in the EU we now have to pay 30% post brexit charges (VAT + customs). In Italy, Germany and Spain, the prices are really crazy. And for these prices, we are not sure if the cars are OK.... I don't know if the bubble will get bigger or if it will soon burst...

13. DeTomasoGTS74

DeTomasoGTS74 Formula Junior

Dec 13, 2016
    Austin
    Full Name:
    Eric
    If your headlights are webbed it absolutly can be cleaned. F of Houston cleaned mine up on my Scud. Process involves stripping the inner coating.

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat.com mobile app

Sturm59 likes this.
  14. Sturm59

Sturm59 Formula Junior
    BANNED

Apr 10, 2019
    @Niteroi @grudk PPI done this morning (199 checkpoints). I'm waiting for the resulto_O

15. grudk

grudk Karting

Mar 29, 2005
    Manhattan Beach
    Good luck! Usually works out, but you win either way...

16. Sturm59

Sturm59 Formula Junior
    BANNED

Apr 10, 2019
    It is especially interesting to know if the car is perfect or not and if there is some works to be planned or not... In any case, thank you for having advised me to request this PPI from Ferrari before the conclusion of the purchase.;)

17. Sergio Tavares

Sergio Tavares Formula Junior

Nov 15, 2018
    Full Name:
    Sergio Tavares
    Perhaps the lights changed by dealer?

18. Sturm59

Sturm59 Formula Junior
    BANNED

Apr 10, 2019
    Good news today. The 1st owner of the Scud that interests me was Pierre Streiff (formula Ford, formula Renault and Formula 3000 driver), brother of Philippe Streiff, F1 driver. Good pedigree.:)

grudk likes this.
  19. mwstewart

mwstewart F1 Rookie

Feb 5, 2014
    England
    Full Name:
    Mark
    The factory body inside finish is that terrible really it's hard to tell. Looking inside the front wheel arches will give a better idea of originality because it's hard to replicate the factory underseal there.

Sturm59 likes this.
  20. isight

isight Karting

Apr 15, 2017
    Did the European spec cars come with that roll cage and harness?