For Sale - Scuderia Audio Super Hi-Fi Upgrade for 360/430 | FerrariChat

For Sale Scuderia Audio Super Hi-Fi Upgrade for 360/430

Discussion in 'Parts & Collectibles' started by SoftwareDrone, Feb 3, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. SoftwareDrone

SoftwareDrone F1 Veteran
    Sponsor Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 19, 2004
    San Jose, California
    Full Name:
    Mike
    #1 SoftwareDrone, Feb 3, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 3, 2018
    It's finally here. In 10 minutes you can upgrade your OEM Hi-Fi stereo into a high end, 400 Watt, bi amped, true subwoofer car audio system. The upgrade consists of two kits:

Kit 1: SA400 Amplifier.
    This amp incorporates 400 Watts of Mosconi power (crossover @ 80Hz) using the same aluminum extrusion and Molex plug as the original ASK 60 Watt booster. A simple bolt out/bolt in procedure. Price: $1499 exchange ($1999 outright). This is less money than the 60 Watt Booster alone.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Kit 2: Subwoofer System.
    Includes two Focal Utopia Be 5" TRUE subwoofers, stainless steel, laser cut, tig welded adapter plates, two Focal grill rings and two Focal acoustically transparent grills. Price: $999 (includes two $500 subs). You're basically getting the custom made, stainless steel adapter plates for FREE.

Watch the easy install video here:

Visit www.scuderiaaudio.com or call 408-529-2701 for more details.
    Thanks!

2. 911-AL

911-AL Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 22, 2009
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Call me Al!
    Fantastic job on developing both of these offerings! A few questions:

1) The stock hifi box has a single speaker and a passive radiator (paper circle) in the second speaker location. Is there a second wire for the second focal sub in the hi-fi box or do you include a special cable to connect them both?

2) Will you extend a discount for my Ferrari brethren that purchase both the SA400 amp and focal speakers at the same time?

3) How does the SA400 perform with the focal subs, while leaving the factory highs and mids located in the doors?

Al

3. SoftwareDrone

SoftwareDrone F1 Veteran

Jan 19, 2004
    San Jose, California
    Full Name:
    Mike
    All good questions!!

1: The single stock speaker actually has a dual voice coil, so there are four leads on the speaker (two for each voice coil). With the new subs, you just run two wires to one sub and the other two wires to the other sub.

2: Sure, I'll knock a hundred bucks off of the price of the amp if purchased along with the subs (which have basically no profit margin).

3. The quality of the stock midrange and tweeters is about the same as the quality of the stock subs... and we'll leave it at that.
    If you purchase my Focal midrange and tweeter set along with the amp and the subs, I'll knock another hundred off of the price.

4. Keith Darby

Keith Darby Karting

Nov 12, 2017
    Full Name:
    Keith W. Darby

5. Keith Darby

Keith Darby Karting

Nov 12, 2017
    Full Name:
    Keith W. Darby
    By chance do you have any original radio units for sale ? I have a 2001 360F1 with a CD changer in the front storage.

Thanks,
    Keith

6. SoftwareDrone

SoftwareDrone F1 Veteran

Jan 19, 2004
    San Jose, California
    Full Name:
    Mike
    The only OEM head unit I have is out of my own 360 and I'm holding onto it.
    I believe they have some on eBay.

7. SoftwareDrone

SoftwareDrone F1 Veteran

Jan 19, 2004
    San Jose, California
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Well that was fast!!
    Thanks for the orders so far. :)

To answer some questions from folks about pricing:

The two amplifiers are $400 apiece
    The circuit board is $70
    The wiring and gold plated connectors, switches are $30
    $180 for the electrical engineer to assemble and solder one unit
    Anodizing the aluminum extrusion is $80
    Each end plate is $25
    This amounts to almost $1200, and I'm selling them for $1499, $1399 if the subs are ordered at the same time. This is less than the cost of the Ferrari OEM 60 Watt Booster.
    I'm going to have to sell probably one hundred units before I even recoup my R&D costs.

The subwoofers are $500 apiece, and the stainless adapter plates cost me $40 each.
    I sell that kit for $999. I'm actually losing money on that kit.

So, no whining!! (ha ha kidding) :)

8. SoftwareDrone

SoftwareDrone F1 Veteran

Jan 19, 2004
    San Jose, California
    Full Name:
    Mike
    To answer a popular question, "Do you pre test these prior to shipping?" -- Of course!
    Awhile back, I purchased a 430 Hi-Fi harness from a Ferrari auto wrecker. Using a power supply, a popular head unit and the very same speakers that come with the kit, I simply plug the SA400 amplifier into the harness, and crank it up! Sometimes I will have a little demonstration where I plug in the ASK booster, turn it up to a certain volume, then plug in the SA400 and turn it up to the same volume. Night and day difference.

9. Dave rocks

Dave rocks F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    Keep up the good work, Mike :)

10. SoftwareDrone

SoftwareDrone F1 Veteran

Jan 19, 2004
    San Jose, California
    Full Name:
    Mike
    So I built upon my test harness to make a fully functional, portable system that I can hand carry and set up into any car for demonstration purposes. I have the midrange and tweeters mounted into their own enclosures, and the subs in an OEM subwoofer box. I just place the high end boxes on the floor facing upward, set the sub box behind the seats, plug in the Scuderia Audio SA400 amplifier, and, voila! Instant demo system. Anyone who lives within driving distance of me (San Francisco Bay Area) is welcome to stop by and we will throw the system into your 360 or 430, turn up the volume and you can feel your own car shake! :)

11. noobified

noobified Karting

Jun 5, 2008
    What is available for upgrading a Scuderia's factory stereo?

12. SoftwareDrone

SoftwareDrone F1 Veteran

Jan 19, 2004
    San Jose, California
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Here is the latest update:
    An extremely kind F-Chatter will be bringing his Scuderia into his nearby Ferrari dealer early next month. I am paying them to remove the inner fender well covers, then ship to me. I am hand carrying them to a high tech, 3D scanning and printing outfit here in the Silicon Valley where they will 3D scan the covers, after which we will add the fixtures in AutoCAD to mount a high end midrange and tweeter (see attached image). Then we will start 3D printing out sets, covering them in either leather, Alcantara or matching Carbon Fiber and selling them. The location of the midrange and tweeters in this configuration will give a fantastic sound stage. This covers the high end.
    For the low end, for the Scuderias and 16M's that have the "Hi-Fi" option, the rest of the stereo upgrade is at the top of this thread. That is, the 400 Watt high end, swap out/swap in amplifier and the replacement 5" subwoofers for the OEM box. For the cars that do not have the Hi-Fi option, we sell 500 Watt amplifiers in custom made amplifier cradles wrapped in matching Alcantara, and one and two 8" subwoofer enclosures, also in matching Alcantara.
    Everything is available now except for the kick panels. I am hoping to have these ready in about three weeks. I already have a line of people from here to Santa Cruz waiting on these things.
    For the lurking attorneys, the speaker pods will not look exactly like the image shown. This was taken from a one off installation in a Scuderia from somewhere back East. Neither will they look exactly like the OEM covers (which are no longer available).
    For details, go to the 430 section at www.scuderiaaudio.com
    Thanks.