Scuderia Auto Neuser | FerrariChat

Scuderia Auto Neuser

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by fokkerjockey, Oct 27, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. fokkerjockey

fokkerjockey Rookie

Feb 2, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Michel Boll
    #1 fokkerjockey, Oct 27, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Spending a day in Nürnberg, Germany, I went out for a nice walk to the Ferrari dealership to 'feast the eyes'. On the other side of the street I bumped into a place that made my eyes two times bigger: the Scuderia Auto Neuser.

Scuderia Auto Neuser - Nürnberg

Visiting the showroom/workplace I had many unexpected close encounters of the F-kind!
    Such were: 212 inter, 250GTE in track cofig, 250GT Lusso, Daytona, 365GTC4, 7x(!) 512BB, 250GTO-recreation (as I can't imagine it was genuine), 288GTO, 2x F40, 3x 512TR, 348, 308GT4, 2x 550 and a 599. On top of it there was this yellow 275-like spider with strange fender louvres and a different rear end... Not sure what that was.
    Simply stunning to see all these in a tight space, not to mention all the other exotics and loads of classic spare parts, wheels and engines.
    I respected their request not to take pictures, but my triggerfinger was itching!!
    This shot was made on the street side and in the window you can see the front end of their glorious Diamante-bodied Alfa Romeo 6C.
    Well worth the visit!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. BIRA

BIRA Formula Junior

Jun 15, 2007
    The Diamante 6C I think if know this car, on Hungarian plate that did not sell at auction earlier this year.

It is a fake as NO competition 6C body form the 38-39-40 season survived in any form, either the Siluro body, or ala spessa, or Torpedino Brescia or the one off Touring coupe for count Trossi.

All disappeared during the war as known chassis were re used for street cars, and the few which survived after the war like the Cornaggia Medici car disappeared in the late forties.

Furthermore, the chassis in question with this Diamante body, like a few others, never started its life with a competition Siluro body in this case but as a street car.

Very few cars have positively been identified as starting their life with a competition body, then transformed into street cars,,and returned back. There are some, but not this one.

This is a dilemma also known for Ferrari cars like the 166MM 038M ex Froilan Gonzalez barchetta converted to coupe and reconverted to barchetta, but this at least, is the real car that raced in period.

3. wbaeumer

wbaeumer F1 Veteran
    Consultant

Mar 4, 2005
    Pierre,

Auto Neuser is not known for having historic cars of any significance in his showroom.

4. epdowd

epdowd Formula Junior
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 31, 2005
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    Tom Wilson
    I ma interested in the GTE. Do you have photos or a Serial Number? It is not shown on their website.

5. fokkerjockey

fokkerjockey Rookie

Feb 2, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Michel Boll
    Afraid I don't. Some of their cars were not for sale. My guess is this was one of them (or the site is out of date). Looked in poor shape. Stripped interior and plexiglass race windows

6. El Wayne

El Wayne F1 World Champ
    Staff Member Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 1, 2002
    San Marino, CA
    Full Name:
    L. Wayne Ausbrooks
    #6 El Wayne, Oct 27, 2013
  7. El Wayne

El Wayne F1 World Champ
    Staff Member Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 1, 2002
    San Marino, CA
    Full Name:
    L. Wayne Ausbrooks
    #7 El Wayne, Oct 27, 2013
    Covered headlights like this? (3597 GT)
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

8. fokkerjockey

fokkerjockey Rookie

Feb 2, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Michel Boll
    No, the nose and bumpers reminded me of the 275 coupe. But the other familiar details were missing. It must have been another type but definately not a standard model. Still searching the web for an answer...

9. fokkerjockey

fokkerjockey Rookie

Feb 2, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Michel Boll
    Close in general appearance, but the lights were standard (I should have sneaked a picture). Hood had metal latches, not the leather straps.

10. bertdeboer340

bertdeboer340 Formula 3

Sep 16, 2003
    Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Bert de Boer
    A 212 Inter with a 4102cc engine??? That's what the site says...

11. michael platzer

michael platzer F1 Veteran

Nov 12, 2003
    Austria
    Full Name:
    Michael Platzer
    do you have a pic?

12. michi

michi Karting

Oct 27, 2010
    Germany
    The Spider You have Seen is based on a regular 365 gt 2+2, was constructed in the 90 on a accident Car....
    250 GTE 3597 (ex Teddy Pilette) is Not in the Neuser showroom !! I dont Know the number of the 250 GTE there, but it is a complete different Car!

13. 70spdrlvr

70spdrlvr Rookie

May 18, 2015
    Findlay, Ohio
    Full Name:
    David Taber
    Hi, I owned this modified Ferrari 250 GTE #3597 from 1982-1988 in Ohio. The headlight modifications ala 250 GTO, were on the car when it came to the U.S. back in the 70's (painted light green) and, despite what another site says, were not done by the Ferrari or the Pininfarina factory, but probably by Tom Meade (an American living in Italy) as I have the actual build sheets (in Italian) from Ferrari and the covered headlights are not mentioned. I sold the Ferrari to a guy in Houston, Tx. and had not noticed any info. until a few years ago when the car was for sale at the Coys auction in Germany. It was originally Silver with a red leather interior, but was Red with a Black vinyl interior when I bought it. . When sold in '88 I had stripped the body paint and replaced the interior with black leather. I still have the vinyl door panels and a few items and wish I had it back!! I believe that there was another GTE (Silver) modified with the same headlight features, but I am not sure where I noticed the picture or serial number. dt

F40org likes this.
  14. bertdeboer340

bertdeboer340 Formula 3

Sep 16, 2003
    Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Bert de Boer
  15. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock