scuderia carbon fiber side skirts | FerrariChat

scuderia carbon fiber side skirts

Discussion in '360/430' started by duc1098, May 16, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. duc1098

duc1098 Rookie

Jan 6, 2013
    Massachusettes
    Full Name:
    Jon
    hey guys,
    I was at a car show with the white scud this week and I saw a 16m with carbon fiber side skirts. I loved the way it looked and wanted to know if anyone has bought a set. I looked online and ferrari wants 12k for the set. I was also seeing if anyone had a set they would like to sell or where is a cheaper place to buy.

thanks,
    Jon

2. F430addict

F430addict F1 Rookie

Sep 17, 2010
    The side skirts can be made in full carbon. PM me for the contact. The price is at a fraction of oem price.

3. captglen

captglen Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2007
    West Palm Beach, Fl
    Full Name:
    Glenn L.
  4. F430addict

F430addict F1 Rookie

Sep 17, 2010
    Hi Glenn,

Didn't know you actually made the center tunnel for the 430 in full carbon all the way to the back firewall panels. Wow. That's cool....must resist....can't fight it....

5. duc1098

duc1098 Rookie

Jan 6, 2013
    Massachusettes
    Full Name:
    Jon
  6. RBM

RBM Formula Junior

Nov 22, 2009
    Full Name:
    RBM
    +1. I did not see the rockers; only the door sills.

7. F430addict

F430addict F1 Rookie

Sep 17, 2010
    Yes, no rockers.

8. duc1098

duc1098 Rookie

Jan 6, 2013
    Massachusettes
    Full Name:
    Jon
    yea i need a set of door handles a gas door lid.

9. F430addict

F430addict F1 Rookie

Sep 17, 2010
    THAT, they have.

10. autowerks9

autowerks9 Formula 3
    BANNED Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2009
    North Wales, Pa.
    Full Name:
    David S.
    ...Now remember...you only live once !!

Correct, we do not currentlt produce the F430 door sills. Glenn may have confused them with the 458 version we have as they are similar in appearence. We are always willing to create new items or help customer develope "one off " items.

Just shoot Glenn or I a pm and we can put something together for you !

11. F430giallomodena

F430giallomodena Formula Junior

Mar 2, 2012
    Lugano, Switzerland
    I belive that all this stuff does not match OEM carbon fiber wave...this is a 2x1 as far as I can see.
    Maybe I am wrong or blind.

12. autowerks9

autowerks9 Formula 3
    BANNED Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2009
    North Wales, Pa.
    Full Name:
    David S.
    We can produce in the 1x1 factory pattern or the 2x2 pattern as shown in our images with no difference in cost for any of our items.

David

13. johnb@macarbon

johnb@macarbon Formula Junior

Feb 24, 2004
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    John Borchelt
    #13 johnb@macarbon, May 22, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    We do a CF version of the rockers which is slightly different than the way Ferrari does it. I always felt the OEM CF rockers looked tacked on and interrupted the flow of the car. For one of the last Scuds made, Ferrari painted most of the sill in body color. We used that car for inspiration to develop our rockers. The exposed CF runs the length of the rocker but runs into the intake. We use genuine Scud mesh for the intakes. We can supply them either primed or painted. They are a lot of work and not cheap but look great on the car. You can see them here: http://www.macarbon.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage-ask.tpl&product_id=544&category_id=168&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=50&lang=en

Here are some pics of the latest set we did for a customer in Australia. It was a striking light blue, Avio Metallic, but I don't yet have pics of them installed. Also attached are some shots of another blue set installed on a 430 coupe. I think I have some installed pics we'll post tomorrow.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

14. jrodrig688

jrodrig688 Formula Junior

Dec 3, 2012
    FL
    Full Name:
    Jose Rodriguez
    Love it. What is price in yellow (giallo Modena) just like the blue one?

15. 360C

360C F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

#15 360C, May 22, 2013
  16. F430addict

F430addict F1 Rookie

Sep 17, 2010
    Absolutely beautiful!!!!

17. johnb@macarbon

Feb 24, 2004
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    John Borchelt
    #17 johnb@macarbon, May 22, 2013
    360C - you can tell anyone who asks you were inspired by us who were inspired by Ferrari!

As for pricing, we have that on the site. We can deliver them primed but we've only done that once. Usually they are fully painted. And the painted price includes whatever color you want. I think the Avio was a three stage.

We also use genuine Scud mesh. We looked around for an alternative but its amazing how nasty everything is compared to what Ferrari used.

Here is the rocker on our site: http://www.macarbon.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage-ask.tpl&product_id=544&category_id=168&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=50&lang=en

Althought not great pics, here are the rocker installed on the blue car and one on a Gallo fly car. The Gallo car's owner is the one who ordered the set for his Avio 430.

18. netman

netman Formula 3

Jun 17, 2008
    OC SoCal
    John;
    Impressive. Thanks for sharing.

19. F430giallomodena

Mar 2, 2012
    Lugano, Switzerland
    John, are your skirts full carbon or just laminated over the Scud fiberglass skirts?

20. 360C

360C F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

21. 360C

360C F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

That's exactly what I have been doing already. I've sent people links to your site as well.
    The OEM stuff is nice; but unless you can get a great deal, the prices are nuts.

22. johnb@macarbon

Feb 24, 2004
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    John Borchelt
    Sorry for the late reply. We had a SLR we needed to get out of the shop last week which has taken most of our time....

The rockers are wet layup CF. They do have some fiberglass in them to get the 'bulk' required. However, they are not laminated. With them, the paintwork is a major part of the work.

23. F430giallomodena

Mar 2, 2012
    Lugano, Switzerland
    considering that OEM carbon fiber skirts are 8000 Euros here in Europe and most Ferrari dealers also do discount on OEM parts (20 to 30% off), yours are nice but a bit pricey for a EU customer...no offense, I have already bought from you and your quality is in my opinion superb but I will buy aftermarket items only if there is a good difference in price (at least 40-50% off OEM) otherwise I Always go for OEM. There are many OEM carbon fiber used items in pristine conditions you can get from several suppliers.

24. johnb@macarbon

Feb 24, 2004
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    John Borchelt
    Sure Giallo. No worries, no offense taken. Its not an easy piece to make so we charge what we need to charge to make it worth doing. If Ferrari goes low on those parts, not much we can do about it. All of our molded parts are pretty much made to order, so for us we'd prefer to make something else if being 50% lower than Ferrari was always a requirement. If you like the painted style, you'll need to add the cost on to do that. If you like the solid CF style, then the price in Europe is attractive compared to Ferrari's price on many of their other parts.

25. sunir

sunir Formula Junior

Oct 30, 2014
    MD
    Full Name:
    Sunir
    Are these still available the links don't seem to work?