Scuderia Ferrari 2022 | Page 39 | FerrariChat

Scuderia Ferrari 2022

Discussion in 'F1' started by jpalmito, Sep 10, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    As for team, I tend to like the winner of the moment. That's why my preference has changed many times in the last 61 years.
    In the last 10 years, I liked Mercedes because they were the embodiment of an efficient well oiled organisation that kept winning.
    I admired that. It reminded me so much of the McLaren golden era (Lauda, Prost, Senna) when they dominated .
    But you must have noticed that I have gone cold on Mercedes since they don't win. I hate being disappointed.
    If Verstappen keeps winning, I may grow to like Red Bull, against my best judgement.
    But never expect any team loyalty from me !!! Life is too short for that.

2. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    I call blind allegiance fanaticism; I am incapable of it.

My post #951 explains it.

3. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    Got it many times from you.
    Very unusual for me but i respect this.

4. JWeiss

JWeiss F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 18, 2010
    NYC and Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    JWeiss
    Front-runner. Fan of the sport but not a fan of a team. Most of the people I know have their teams (in all sports), and live and die by them. But I do know some that are general fans of a sport and “root” for whoever is winning. My sense is you don’t really root for anyone, but rather appreciate success.

william likes this.
  5. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    Exactly !!

6. Mitch Alsup

Mitch Alsup F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    I did not know Ferrari made airplane engines.

7. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    DF1 likes this.
  8. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Translate is doing a pisspoor job, so I can't understand what he's trying to say?

Was there a new directive on 16th May that leads to a power issue for Ferrari because they can't burn all the ethanol required? And Ferrari is recoving this power loss by running higher engine modes?

9. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    First part yes
    Second part difficult to say
    Nikolas tombazis ex Ferrari is the author

Bas likes this.
  10. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Tombazis wrote the article or the directive?

11. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet

The directive.

Bas likes this.
  12. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    man, all these people Ferrari lost to the FIA and people had a fit about sure hasn't worked out in our favour...

jpalmito and 375+ like this.
  13. ingegnere

ingegnere F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Montreal
    Translation is bad because the article as written is just as bad. Sounds like pure fantasy, starting with the fact they claim cars had 120 kg on board when the limit is 110.

jpalmito and Bas like this.
  14. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    I found the numbers odd as well but didn't check if the rules changed for that, lol. Pre coffee I guess. I can't recall any FIA directives being made in regards to fuel either, with all the noise Ferrari makes so far, surely they'd be (correctly!) very loud on that one?!

I think the original theory of Ferrari having rushed the spec 2 update has lead to reliability issues is the more likely.

ingegnere likes this.
  15. petrol_junkie

petrol_junkie Karting

Jan 16, 2017
    Dublin

16. subirg

subirg F1 Rookie

Dec 19, 2003
    Cheshire
    I wonder if Scuderia Grenadi will turn up at Silverstone? It’s a track with a lot of full throttle. I’m nervous… This one should be ours!

ingegnere likes this.
  17. DeSoto

DeSoto F1 Veteran

Nov 26, 2003
    That's because you need a Turrini babble-normal Italian translation first. The guy often looses the plot.

ingegnere and Bas like this.
  18. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    New sidepods :
    A good step forwards.

Attached Files:

DF1 likes this.
  19. 635CSI

635CSI F1 Rookie

Jun 26, 2013
    London UK
    Full Name:
    Graham
    Engine reliability seems improved too. Fingers crossed

20. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    Charles drove brilliantly at Silverstone and again Ferrari strategists let him down. IMO he is too deferential to the team. He needs to deal with them as decisively as he does with competitors on the track.

william and cmos like this.
  21. spirot

spirot F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2005
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Tom Spiro
    Ferrari and strategy are crazy. it was good to see Sainz win - yes, however they literally screwed Leclerc with the pit stops. I don't understand who is making the calls? who is thinking? Allowing them to fight while in 1-2 - and then letting Leclerc sit behind Sainz ... or Verstappen before he had the problem... .they let an easy undercut go... WAY too slow in thinking. My only thought is that there is some chain of command that it has to up and down - and Binotto is not in charge - or not willing to put his neck on the line.... They are literally throwing away a championship. the whole "we are not fighting for the championship is BS... " its political coverage for the Italian press - and internal politics. while Montezemolo was not always perfect - he was defacto in charge... that is what they need right now. a dictator ... run by committee is not working. if they don't do it this year - there is no guarantee that next year will be better....

Having followed Ferrari for over 50 years - the one thing that is totally different is when the Old Man was around at least he was in charge - right or wrong he took the blame / glory... today the corporate structure is stupid for an F-1 team.

jgonzalesm6, 20000rpm and william like this.
  22. 20000rpm

20000rpm Karting

Jan 3, 2022
    This is perhaps what Seb was trying to warn Charles... The team will let you down due to politics. They have the brightest engineers, no doubt. But they don't take a call on who should win. For them, both should win and WCC matters more.
    There is someone at the top, perhaps Elkann who is pulling the strings on who should win. Either ways, it only spells disaster as this will surely demotivate Charles to give his 100 percent. Clearly the team doesn't seem to back him when he needs them the most.

william likes this.
  23. moretti

moretti Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 1, 2003
    Australia
    Full Name:
    John
    I watched the replay, thought the team did a great job, quick pitstops, ferraris at the front of the race and we win

Chuck screwed his own race, the team were brilliant

24. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    Well
    Charles was in first position before the safety car.
    On pure merits.
    This is why he was so upset.
    But I get your point.

25. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    Two wins in Monaco and Spain would have changed everything..

stavura, 20000rpm and 635CSI like this.