Scuderia Ferrari 2022 | Page 65 | FerrariChat

Scuderia Ferrari 2022

Discussion in 'F1' started by jpalmito, Sep 10, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Kimi2007

Kimi2007 Formula 3

Jan 16, 2022
    Full Name:
    Patrick James
    Vasseur may not be the best choice, but Horner turned Ferrari down supposedly.

Vasseur will at least have Leclerc's back, which alone is a huge upgrade from the smugness of Binotto's finger wagging in his star drivers face.

kes7u, fil, Giallo 550 and 1 other person like this.
  2. sp1der

sp1der F1 Rookie

Jan 10, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Simon Ashley
    Binotto 7.5/8 for the season, more like 5/6 at best. Monaco, Spain, Baku all gone on strategy and reliability

3. Kimi2007

Kimi2007 Formula 3

Jan 16, 2022
    Full Name:
    Patrick James
    Don't forget Hungary and Silverstone for Leclerc!

Yeah, gonna so miss his traveling circus. :rolleyes:

fil, Jeronimo GTO and ingegnere like this.
  4. classic308

classic308 F1 Veteran

Jan 9, 2004
    Westchester, NY
    Full Name:
    Paul
    allegedly Andreas Siedl turn it down also.

We need engineers who can develop a car over the season and strategists who can overcome the deficits in the car. MB had a dominant car for years and therefore didn’t need strategies to win; RB had the second fastest car last year and were able to bring it on home due to strategy. Binotto excels at neither which is why he’s out.

5. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    I get your point of course..
    My only fear is Elkann and Vigna.

ingegnere likes this.
  6. Spet00

Spet00 Karting

Jul 21, 2020
    Just reading those names gave me the shivers. I don't trust nor like them, and I have negative amounts of faith in their vision for Ferrari.

ingegnere likes this.
  7. sp1der

sp1der F1 Rookie

Jan 10, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Simon Ashley
    Bring back Luca

Giallo 550 and polishhammer83 like this.
  8. intrepidcva11

intrepidcva11 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 12, 2009
    Saratoga Springs NY
    Full Name:
    Seth
    amen!

9. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    That was wise, IMO.
    Siedl is German, and I don't think he could work with the particular atmosphere at Ferrari.

10. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    Why ?

11. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

https://www.gpblog.com/en/news/161427/ferrari-considers-veto-due-to-unfair-advantage-for-red-bull-powertrains.html?campname=highlighted-content&camplink=inarticle1

'Ferrari considers veto due to unfair advantage for Red Bull Powertrains'
    Yesterday, 08:09 Last update: 09:31
    GPblog.com

Ferrari, according to the Italian edition of Motorsport.com about to use its veto power. The Italian racing stable has had this tool in its pocket for years and is now said to be threatening to finally use it, to the detriment of Red Bull Racing.

The engine regulations for 2026 are already in place and, with Mercedes, Red Bull Powertrains and Audi, there are also three major brands that have already committed to the new era. Renault is about to sign, Porsche and Honda are still considering their options, but at Ferrari, however, they do not want to sign.

Ferrari issues ultimatum
    According to the Italian medium, Ferrari would have already settled on the simplified engines from 2026 to give new engine suppliers a chance in F1, but Ferrari is now drawing a line. New suppliers will get more budget to develop the engine in the early years and also more time to test the engine. A logical solution for Audi, but for Red Bull Powertrains it is an unfair advantage, according to Ferrari.

Red Bull Powertrains counts as a new entry and can count on the benefits of a new entry, but Ferrari does not agree. For instance, Red Bull would already have knowledge of the current generation of engines in its partnership with Honda, and benefits from all the knowledge it has brought in with the recruitment of frontrunners from the Mercedes engine project.

Ferrari would therefore refuse to sign on to the new engine deal, giving F1 an ultimatum. It would even consider using the veto power it has had for years as a historic team in F1. Whether this will actually come about remains to be seen. F1 will want to avoid that controversy and look for a solution to keep Ferrari in the sport as well.

crinoid and polishhammer83 like this.
  12. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    So, Ferrari could be using its joker to thwart Red Bull Powertrains.

I wonder if the FIA will go along with that.

13. DeSoto

DeSoto F1 Veteran

Nov 26, 2003
    A new entry? Red Bull Powertrains already has been racing this year and they've been braggin about how much progress have made.

They're shameless. I'm puzzled about that only one team is complaining, specially after giving them the engine freeze because they said Honda was leaving but later didn't.

Picchu88, DF1 and 375+ like this.
  14. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    William, how many times have we heard Ferrari allegedly trying to use their veto powers??

I've lost count already. It's an idle threat.

15. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    The Veto is a bit like the nuclear option: it's a gamble, and nobody knows what happens next.

Ferrari could put its credibility at risk by using it, IMO.

16. DF1

Yes and others worry about influence of Mercedes at FIA lol. This issue with RedBull is much more important. The Ferrari veto matters. RedBull do not at all deserve special consideration. Not new and it’s still Honda. Ferrari are correct!

375+ likes this.
  17. DF1

Strategic use to force attention to this issue

18. Kimi2007

Kimi2007 Formula 3

Jan 16, 2022
    Full Name:
    Patrick James
    Ferrari are 100% right on this. RBPT being treated as a new supplier is absurd. We all know they're doing research on 26' as we speak.

There is no reason for Ferrari to roll over and allow this. They should use their veto, say 'no' to this insulting position, and triple dog dare the FIA and RBR to do the worst.

I'll believe it when I see it, though.

DF1, kes7u, 375+ and 4 others like this.
  19. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    Or could put its credibility at risk by NOT using it..

635CSI likes this.
  20. DF1

I think the Ferrari potential challenge is fair. RedBull and Honda are still tied together. Honda NEVER left. The position RedBull attains as a motor / PU maker is not new at all. Honda is there gaining knowledge. The challenge if it moves forward is valid. What the result is, will be the only question. A number of us have been talking about this here for well over a year. This is not new and Im surprised the press on it is just starting.

21. subirg

subirg F1 Rookie

Dec 19, 2003
    Cheshire
    I’ve just heard the clown Binotto is leaving! Sorry, I’m behind on this story, but it’s the best news ever! Like waking up on Christmas morning to find a brand new gift wrapped Ferrari in the garage! So good.

Now… can Ferraris master strategists turn this positive into a mega negative by appointing another complete no hoper replacement? It’s highly likely…

Bas likes this.
  22. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    Why is Ferrari the only engine supplier apparently upset by this ?

Mercedes and Renault (Alpine) haven't voiced an opinion yet, that I know of.

23. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    Are you surprised ?

24. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    When you consider food and weather in Italy yes !;)

25. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    and women, don't forget them!

Temerian, Jeronimo GTO and Bas like this.