Scuderia OZ vs USA | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Scuderia OZ vs USA

Discussion in 'Australia' started by yellafella, Apr 5, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 360C

360C F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nah, you did my head in when you went from a Murcie to a Murcie + $$$$$ for a few add ons that were already added on to the one you had.

2. 360C

360C F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Knock, knock. Flaw in the plan there TB........................you won't actually be able to buy one in the US of A due to the waiting list/boys club/premium secondary market over there.

3. scud

scud F1 World Champ

Oct 2, 2004
    err that makes sense :(

they made me an offer i couldn't refuse :D

4. kongman

kongman F1 Rookie

Aug 30, 2006
    brisvegas south
    Full Name:
    mr p
    got to love our govt ripping us off blind and thinking we dont know ....................the will come a day when they push to far.......

5. mhh

mhh F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2004
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Mark
    I also reckon you are doing the right thing passing on the Scud as you already have the shape - and full spec on your F430.

When is the LP going to be ready? I'm loving mine.

6. yellafella

yellafella Formula Junior

Jan 26, 2004
    Full Name:
    Tony
    You are correct 360c but I can get same Mazza as you have now got for about $112k.

7. yellafella

Jan 26, 2004
    Full Name:
    Tony
    Already some on the market place at way under A$ pricing.

8. scud

scud F1 World Champ

Oct 2, 2004
    lambo mechanic will start to pull it apart on monday

9. 360C

360C F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

That's true. What happened to QLD?

10. 360C

360C F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Why don't you see if you can transfer your order/spec to America as you are now going to be a resident. After all, you DO have a confirmed order.

11. scud

scud F1 World Champ

Oct 2, 2004
    IMHO i say that's like pulling teeth

12. 360C

360C F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Possibly; but only because it's easier to say NO than to actually provide some service.

13. yellafella

Jan 26, 2004
    Full Name:
    Tony
    It's still there.

14. yellafella

Jan 26, 2004
    Full Name:
    Tony
    Already asked Zagame to transfer order, they told me I have to start from scratch in USA. Why I can't have it built lhd and delivered to Denver is beyond me.

15. PAP 348

PAP 348 Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap

That would be too easy it wouldnt it?? :p:p

16. scud

scud F1 World Champ

Oct 2, 2004
    you know if it makes sense, it's not gunna fly

17. yellafella

Jan 26, 2004
    Full Name:
    Tony
    Hey SD, the more I see photos of the Mazza you bought the more I like it. Are you still enjoying it and what do you like about it. At $U112k it is a lot of car for the money.

18. moretti

moretti Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 1, 2003
    Australia
    Full Name:
    John
    hey Tony, aren't you coming up here to live ?

The Mazza is a LOT of car and it's the first time I've seen Scott with a smile driving the car :)

19. yellafella

Jan 26, 2004
    Full Name:
    Tony
    not since I found out that you live there!
    We are going over to live in Aspen
    There is a private race track just 4 miles out of town, comes with a heated garage and you get to fang on it whenever you like.

20. moretti

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 1, 2003
    Australia
    Full Name:
    John

you're a bastard and I don't love you anymore :p

21. yellafella

Jan 26, 2004
    Full Name:
    Tony
    we will have a guest bedroom, sking in winter and racing in summer.

22. moretti

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 1, 2003
    Australia
    Full Name:
    John
    ok, I love you again :D

size 9 skis and small mens racing suit **cough**

23. waz356

waz356 F1 Rookie

Dec 5, 2005
    Adelaide
    Full Name:
    warren
    that's Troy sorted. now what about yours? :)

24. 360C

360C F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

#49 360C, Apr 7, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I love the Granturismo and it has been trouble free for the 2000km's I have done in it so far. I think it is the most sensible "daily driver" car that I have ever owned, uber luxurious and spacious, elegant and it has all the toys and then some. They build quality is up leaps and bounds over the older 4200 and QP models of the last few years. It also takes Maserati in a new direction, heading more down the luxury grand tourer path, rather than the "junior Ferrari" sports car that the Grandsport/4200 seemed to be. It seems to me that as long as you expect a luxury GT and not a Grandsport type experience you would love it.

Negatives? Maserati chose to launch the car in the Italian Alps which led to complaints of it being too heavy (it is) and underpowered (it isn't). I have found it's performance to be more than adequate in all situations locally with the possible exception of charging UP Mt Buller. As expected, this is where the size/weight and power/torque equation tips the wrong way. Everywhere else, "adequate" seems a positively uncharitable way to describe the performance. When did 0-100kmh in 5.2 secs become "adequate" ?
    The other big negative is the lack of front parking sensors and the long frontal overhang. This is a PITA in daily driving as you have no idea where the front is, it sits so far out and down from the drivers view. It also makes you look at every driveway/speedhump as the first thing that hits is the front number plate.
    One final "complaint" is the pitiful size of the boot for a car aimed at the Grand Tourer role. It really is close to useless, and the seats do not fold forward into the cabin (ala BMW) to make the space more usable either. When you consider the vast size of the car, and that is V..A..S..T- I find this really odd. Have a look at the photo attached. The umbrella is one of those mini jobbies.

Other than that, brilliant car and I love it.

The last picture shows the first warranty claim. The sills on both sides of the car are plastic and are very long. They have more waves than the pacific ocean on my car. Waiting for an answer on this one. I hope the wait won't be as long as the wait for a reply on the F50 fuel tanks and front parking sensor retro fit............. *sigh*
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

25. Kelsa

Kelsa F1 Veteran

Jul 25, 2005
    Adult Toy Land
    Full Name:
    Crazy Chinaman
    Beautiful car 360C!!!

the boot is bit small considering the size of the car, No wonder the mafias love the 300C, they can fit 3 bodies in there! LOL