Scuderia SSS Republica di Venezia Comte Volpi | Page 6 | FerrariChat

Scuderia SSS Republica di Venezia Comte Volpi

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by 250gto, Nov 24, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Napolis

Napolis Three Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    Could you ask him his thoughts on 004 Birdcage?

2. MARC DE RIJCK

MARC DE RIJCK Rookie

Jul 17, 2006
    I wonder if someone could help me out on this one.

When I look at the pictures of the Serenissimas in this thread, the same cars (at first glance) often get different type designations such as Jungla, 308V, 8V Competizione, JET Competizione, Torpedo, etc. Could anyone tell me which car is which and what the official type designations are. Also, does anyone know which car was built by Carozzeria GranSport and which by Fantuzzi, or were there other coachbuilders involved.

3. pan68

pan68 Rookie

Sep 3, 2006
    Essen/Germany
    Hello I'm new in this terrific forum. The niveau is outstanding!
    I've on question here: does anybody have images or other sources of the later Serenissima Agena, respectively of the "Drogo" Proposal? This car is big mystery to me and I already couldn't found anything about it.

Thanks a lot!

4. Wouter Melissen

Wouter Melissen Formula Junior

Nov 12, 2003
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Wouter Melissen
    It's time to revive this great thread once again. The occasion is an article with 12 stunning high resolution shots of the 308 Jet Competizione we just completed. I also have a number of fabulous historic shots, but I have to check first if I can publish. Here is the link with the article and modern shots:

http://www.***************.com/frame.php?file=car.php&carnum=2917

5. R33

R33 Formula Junior

May 7, 2005
    Kent,UK
    Full Name:
    Paul Creed
    Fantastic photos Walter. I dont suppose you are able to share a couple of very high res versions are you? PM me for the reasons why i need them if you like.

Thanks Paul.

6. Wouter Melissen

Nov 12, 2003
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Wouter Melissen
    Thanks. You got a PM.

7. Randy Forbes

Randy Forbes Formula Junior

Jul 14, 2006
    Sarasota, FL
    Full Name:
    Sports Cars Plus,LLC
    Interesting use of a 35 mm (Canon?) camera mounted in the engine compartment; lack of a motordrive/autowinder puzzles me...

8. johnei

johnei Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 22, 2006
    Seattle
    Full Name:
    John Wiley
  9. etienne

etienne F1 Veteran

Jan 21, 2006
    Ferrari World...
    #134 etienne, Jan 23, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  10. krasnavian

krasnavian Formula 3

Dec 24, 2003
    Los Angeles/Paris
    Beautiful car! I was in Venice two weeks ago and would like to have met Count Volpi--we have mutual friends--but time was short and some business took priority.

11. camerat

camerat Rookie

Aug 25, 2006
    #136 camerat, Mar 1, 2007
  12. 2000 touring sp

Sep 8, 2006
    #137 2000 touring sp, Mar 1, 2007
  13. alveng

alveng Karting

Mar 17, 2004
    Venice, Milan. ITALY
    Full Name:
    Alvise
    Of course anyone can be nice to anyone, of course a journalist, as a main theoretic statement, is considered a boring people.

But I think that there's a limit! And that someone cannot forget the rules of "good manners". I've tryed to introduce myself so many times. I've sent to him the magazines I work for. I was looking for some material to manage a large article of ATS 2500 of his team: some image, some remind of the car, promising of course that I would have given back all the material.

And when finally, I've succeded in contacted him, I've been treated very very bad.

I've given back the shape of an incredibly haughty and impudent man.

And, one more time, there's a great thing-come-true: as a journalist, you cannot be considered, first of all, an enthusiast and respectful man.

And, anyway, it's really strange that Mr. Hofer, Tipo 63's owner, is really the most gentle and exquisite man I've known. After 5 minutes I've known him for the first time at Monza circuit he agreed to "waste" his time to be with me for a photoshooting of his car.

Nembo1777 likes this.
  14. Ed Niles

Ed Niles Formula 3
    Honorary

Sep 7, 2004
    West Hills, CA
    Full Name:
    Edwin K. Niles
    I will have to add my gratitude to Count Volpi--his comments are among the most intersting in the entire chat-room. Having owned 2 ATS's I am particularly interested in learning more about them. Please, Count Volpi, consider posting your occasional thoughts here. You have more to say than almost anyone!

15. Alex1015

Alex1015 Formula Junior

Sep 1, 2005
    USA
    Count Giovanni Volpi,
    It is excellent to hear legendary cars and drivers mentioned first hand from you. Thanks!
    Forza Ferrari

16. dretceterini

dretceterini F1 Veteran

Apr 28, 2004
    Etceterini Land
    Full Name:
    Dr.Stuart Schaller
    Volpini, Roselli and Tinarelli all seem to be realted, but I am not sure exactly what the realtionship of these 3 companies was.

17. ArtS

ArtS F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Central NJ
    OK, this one is for the studious types out there:

My wife just found out her coworker was born in Venice, so I threw out the tidbit that I knew that the city-state of Venice used to be called La Serenissima (thanks to this thread). So she asked me what the townsfolk were called back when Venice was part of La Serenissima, and I just gave her a blank stare...

What is someone who was born in Venice when it was La Republica Serenissima called?

Regards,

Art S.

18. Horsefly

Horsefly F1 Veteran

May 14, 2002
    A little baby?

19. ArtS

ArtS F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Central NJ
    Thanks Arlie...

20. KJER

KJER Karting

May 30, 2006
    They also build a Formula 1 racer in 1967 typed M1AF . Does any of you know if was a new "own" chassis or the Mclaren delivered M2B chassis ?

21. GIOTTO

GIOTTO F1 Rookie
    Consultant

Dec 30, 2006
    France
    #146 GIOTTO, Jul 19, 2007
    Please keep this fabulous thread alive!
    This is the Serenissima entered at Le Mans 1966. Pilots were Jean-Claude SAUER and Jean De MORTEMART.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

22. krasnavian

krasnavian Formula 3

Dec 24, 2003
    Los Angeles/Paris
    The July issue of Classic & Sports Car has an interesting article on ATS for Volpi fans. The interaction between Ferrari, Volpi, Chiti et al is worthy of its own book.

23. Wouter Melissen

Nov 12, 2003
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Wouter Melissen
    I don't think the owner even knows. We have shot this car in detail and will make a full article shortly.

24. Monoposto

Monoposto Karting

Aug 1, 2006
    Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Peter