SCUDERIA STARTING AFTER FUELING | FerrariChat

SCUDERIA STARTING AFTER FUELING

Discussion in '360/430' started by El Peligroso, Jun 16, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. El Peligroso

El Peligroso Rookie

May 28, 2008
    Planet Earth
    Hi all, started having an issue with the Scud that whenever I refuel the car it struggles to start. Engine turns but does not fire up until I blip the throttle a few times.

Normal cold starting or any other time that the fuel tank has not been opened is ok.

Fuel pressure issue? Pump runs normally when I open the door etc...

Confused??

2. hessank

hessank Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 8, 2005
    Canada, Florida
    Full Name:
    Fred
    Hot starting problems most times relate to fuel and the starting circuit. With the hot fuel it is vapour lock caused by the boiling fuel that prevents fuel flow in the lines, hence the extensive cranking because no fuel is getting to the injectors. The FPs struggle to overcome the blockage (air pocket) to push the fuel to the injectors.
    Maybe you need more insulation in the engine compartment against the heat from the headers etc.

With the starting circuit sometimes the excessive heat prevents the starter solenoid from closing the circuit between the battery and the starter. 12v gets to the starter solenoid during cranking but the solenoid hangs up while too hot.

My $0.02

3. reddog

reddog Rookie

Aug 5, 2007
    If it is only after refueling, and not a hot start issue, it could be a problem with the evap system causing it to be too rich right after refueling. Or it could be an issue with the venting system. Will it start if the cap is left off?